shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall and Winter Must-Have''s??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
how sweet Mat do you love the tee? Guess mine will be coming soon.

I thought you got the white?

Oprah had a jeans and bra fitting (aka find the right size and style for you kind of thing) the other day on her show....the jeans she said fit her the best were AG which is my brand and the ones she chose were so cute I had to go buy them, on sale! Another brand that got raves on the show was Citizens of Humanity...and a Levi and something else.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Yes, well, Oprah copied me, because I got them before her. Of course, they still need to be hemmed!!

FYI, did you know that sevens and citizens are made by the same designer? I never knew that.
I have to say, I do prefer darker than lighter jeans and I don''t like them creased.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2005 2:54:55 PM
Author: butterfly 17

I have to say, I do prefer darker than lighter jeans and I don''t like them creased.
Yesterday, I went out looking for a pair of dark wash and was disappointed at the meager selection. I just want plain dark wash without ridiculous amounts of embroidery on the back pockets or any other stuff, like creasing or mini psuedo holes!

Maybe I should order jeans from Shopbop? I''ve never ordered jeans online but I''m kind of desperate for a pair that go with my dressier sweaters!

God, my husband just came in the room and read this message.
20.gif
He started laughing at me. . .(I''m not exactly sure what co-dependancy is. . .but I''m pretty sure he is this way. . .somehow feeding my shopping addiction. He makes fun of me & and stuff, but he lets me handle the finances. . .AND, yesterday while I was playing with and petting my new velvet jacket, he started eyeing it and making the moves on it!
9.gif
)

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I got two dark pairs, AG in the Angel in Lyric and Citizens of Humanity in Tulum, both of them are 30% off at shopbop. The AG Club jeans in 2 am are not as dark, neither are the AG Angel jeans in Virtual, but still somewhat dark.

If you want a dark jean, no fading or feathering, minimal embroidery, in fact, you can hardly see the stitching in the back pockets, the Citizens in Tulum are great.
In fact, I thought it might be a little too dark, but since I don''t have anything like it, I am keeping them. They look like the Sevens in New York Rinse, which I also ordered but returned because the fit was terrible. Too baggy.
The AG angel jeans in Lyric are great too and I wore those on my birthday, but they do have some fading in the butt and thighs.
So far, I have two favorites, Seven "A" stretch jeans in Niagara wash and the AG Angel in Lyric. Both fit great and make me look like I have a butt and no stomach!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla I was torn between the club Jeans in 3am which is a darker wash but it was not on sale, and it looked almost too dark in some images online. the 2am looked like a medium wash with a little more dark than light. but if i like the 2am fit i will definitely get the 3am wash for a darker jean with the permanent crease. I need a darker pair as well as a new medium wash like the one on the way.

So far my fave AG jeans are Legend. I haven''t tried COH but am tempted to try that next.

I am pretty tall so they were saying that the bootcut would work for tall people with long legs like me...so I may see what COH are out there that can work for me.

My jeans will be here on Monday..can''t wait to see how I like them.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
When I bought the 2 am AG''s they didn''t have them in 3 AM . Hmmm, must go check them out now.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Well, I didn''t see them on shopbop. Also, the club jeans and the angel in lyric are no longer on sale.
I wonder if Oprah had something to do with it? Maybe the jeans got so popular after she recommended them, shopbop decided to put them back up to regular price.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the 2am was still on sale after the Oprah show but they were sold out of my size so I started looking around the internet.

i found the 3am on another website and also Nordstrom.com has them as well.

but all the images were hard to ''compare'' the washes...so in the end the great deal on the 2am led me to figure well i will get that one and if i like it and the fit, i can get the 3am. the 3am is brand new, just came out i guess so the price is retail at $138. still not bad!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I missed the Oprah show...I didn''t know that these jeans were so popular! I purchased the 2am and the 3am jeans 4 months ago. I love them - they''re so comfy and the wash is perfect. The back pocket is OK...dunno why they changed the stiching?

I''m with Mara...my favorite jeans are the Legend, I have bigger hips and so these fit great. I have 4 pairs of these, I got them all off of ebay for half price or a little bit more.

revolveclothing.com has pretty good selection, I''ve seen a lot of AG styles that I haven''t seen on shopbop.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2005 12:04:13 PM
Author: Mara
how sweet Mat do you love the tee? Guess mine will be coming soon.

I thought you got the white?

Oprah had a jeans and bra fitting (aka find the right size and style for you kind of thing) the other day on her show....the jeans she said fit her the best were AG which is my brand and the ones she chose were so cute I had to go buy them, on sale! Another brand that got raves on the show was Citizens of Humanity...and a Levi and something else.
I thought so too...but its okay, either color is cute and I am not one to fuss.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2005 3:57:17 PM
Author: MC

Date: 11/19/2005 2:54:55 PM
Author: butterfly 17

Yesterday, I went out looking for a pair of dark wash and was disappointed at the meager selection. I just want plain dark wash without ridiculous amounts of embroidery on the back pockets or any other stuff, like creasing or mini psuedo holes!

Maybe I should order jeans from Shopbop? I''ve never ordered jeans online but I''m kind of desperate for a pair that go with my dressier sweaters!

God, my husband just came in the room and read this message.
20.gif
He started laughing at me. . .(I''m not exactly sure what co-dependancy is. . .but I''m pretty sure he is this way. . .somehow feeding my shopping addiction. He makes fun of me & and stuff, but he lets me handle the finances. . .AND, yesterday while I was playing with and petting my new velvet jacket, he started eyeing it and making the moves on it!
9.gif
)
Have you looked at Guess? They are my favorite jeans, they are cute really well come in diffrent weights of denim and if you like plain pockets you can have those, or if you prefer ones with sparkles and stuff they have those as well.
Guess Factory is a great way to try them if you arent sure. I live in the Boyfriend Denim jeans.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2005 6:28:00 PM

i found the 3am on another website and also Nordstrom.com has them as well.

but all the images were hard to ''compare'' the washes...so in the end the great deal on the 2am led me to figure well i will get that one and if i like it and the fit, i can get the 3am. the 3am is brand new, just came out i guess so the price is retail at $138. still not bad!
Yes, that''s where I found the 3 am''s, but I seriously can''t tell what color they are from the "virtual" picture that they have! They should have put a really picture of both the 2 am and the 3 am. Even if they are a bit off on the computer screen, at least I can see the difference compared to the 2 am, since I do have that one.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I found the Club in 2am jeans on sale for 50% off online too!! Hehe, and they actually had my size!
9.gif
I also found a pair of the Angel jeans on sale for 50% off in my size, so I figured, heck, I''ll buy both. It''s like getting one pair of jeans free
2.gif
hehe.

A couple months ago, I went to a little shop that carried AG jeans so I could try all the different styles on. I found the Legend just had too big of a flare leg for me, although, if I found them for 50% off, I would buy them anyway. It''s always nice to have different cut jeans depending on the look.
3.gif
I really liked the Kiss jeans, and the Angels weren''t too bad.

Also, I''ve been surveying my local TJ Maxxs and Marshalls to see if they have any good bargains on jeans. One store had a bunch of Lucky jeans, although none in my size. But they were only $20 and $30 dollars each. Not bad. I tried on a pair that was too small and one that was too big...but they were definitely very comfortable!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2005 11:07:06 AM
Author: Rascal49
Also, I''ve been surveying my local TJ Maxxs and Marshalls to see if they have any good bargains on jeans. One store had a bunch of Lucky jeans, although none in my size. But they were only $20 and $30 dollars each. Not bad. I tried on a pair that was too small and one that was too big...but they were definitely very comfortable!
I have a pair of lucky jeans and they''re super comfortable and the denim is SO soft! I love them.

Matatora - thanks for the tip on Guess Jeans. I''ve never tried them on, but that site you linked has them for so cheap that I''ll order a pair! I''d really like some w/back flap pockets and they have those there.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
eBay has a cute pair of AG jeans right now in a style I can''t remember...oh the Logic jeans in a Dreamer wash in my size...they are on BIN for $79.

I checked them out on another site though to try to find out more about them, and I dont'' think they''d flatter my body. They have front flat pockets on a square and then flap back pockets that take up a good portion of the butt.

On Oprah they were saying that back pockets and things like that, where the pockets have fold over tops/closures etc are more for girls with no butts and that gives an illusion of a full butt. Well I already have a full butt so I definitely don''t want an extra full butt.
40.gif
So I think I''ll pass on those ebay ones even though they look really cute on the twig model with no butt.
9.gif

I was looking around last nite, lots of sales and stuff on AG out there too. Didn''t see anything SO tempting but I may look again today. I have a pair of Angels but I think they are a size too small but I do love their classic lines. The Legend CAN have a large flare boot cut but they look great with heels ... not with flat shoes. So different types for different uses!!
5.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve yet to see how front flap pockets can look good on someone! A person would have to have a concave tummy to look good in those. I love back flap pockets, however, since my rear is a bit lacking. The pockets can be compared to the optical illusion set diamond eng. rings of yesteryear. They provide a frame in which to accentuate and exaggerate just where it''s needed!
9.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2005 12:38:37 PM
eBay has a cute pair of AG jeans right now in a style I can''t remember...oh the Logic jeans in a Dreamer wash in my size...they are on BIN for $79.

I checked them out on another site though to try to find out more about them, and I dont'' think they''d flatter my body. They have front flat pockets on a square and then flap back pockets that take up a good portion of the butt.

On Oprah they were saying that back pockets and things like that, where the pockets have fold over tops/closures etc are more for girls with no butts and that gives an illusion of a full butt. Well I already have a full butt so I definitely don''t want an extra full butt.
40.gif
So I think I''ll pass on those ebay ones even though they look really cute on the twig model with no butt.
9.gif

I was looking around last nite, lots of sales and stuff on AG out there too. Didn''t see anything SO tempting but I may look again today. I have a pair of Angels but I think they are a size too small but I do love their classic lines. The Legend CAN have a large flare boot cut but they look great with heels ... not with flat shoes. So different types for different uses!!
5.gif
LOL, I definitely don''t need anything to make my butt look larger. Although, this summer I did have a pair of light colored capris that had back pockets and I don''t *think* my butt looked any larger
2.gif
. I sure hope not, because I wore them often!
32.gif
Now, I could use something to make my chest look larger, but that''s another topic LOL.

Being that I''m only 5''4" or maybe 5''5", I always have to wear heels with my jeans. The Legend that I tried on was one size too small, so as I was looking in horror at how big my thighs looked, I really didn''t give the flare boot leg more than a glance. So maybe if I had thrown on some heels, it would have looked better (of course, jeans in my size would definitely have looked better!) LOL. Next time I see a pair in my size, I will definitely give them another chance.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2005 6:21:24 PM
!
32.gif
Now, I could use something to make my chest look larger, but that's another topic LOL.

Being that I'm only 5'4' or maybe 5'5', I always have to wear heels with my jeans. The Legend that I tried on was one size too small, so as I was looking in horror at how big my thighs looked, I really didn't give the flare boot leg more than a glance. So maybe if I had thrown on some heels, it would have looked better (of course, jeans in my size would definitely have looked better!) LOL. Next time I see a pair in my size, I will definitely give them another chance.
One of my summer polos had a pocket on each side of my front and gave the appearance of a larger chest. I wore this shirt VERY often. It's practically falling apart, but unless I find another one like it, I'm going to wear it again next summer
9.gif

I'm also 5' 4" and wear at least 2.5" heels all the time. The only flats I own are flip flops and since I'm in a cold weather state, these are strickly summer shoes. I cannot stand when pants drag on the ground. This bugs me and I think it looks messy!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2005 6:34:29 PM

Date: 11/20/2005 6:21:24 PM
!
32.gif
Now, I could use something to make my chest look larger, but that''s another topic LOL.

Being that I''m only 5''4'' or maybe 5''5'', I always have to wear heels with my jeans. The Legend that I tried on was one size too small, so as I was looking in horror at how big my thighs looked, I really didn''t give the flare boot leg more than a glance. So maybe if I had thrown on some heels, it would have looked better (of course, jeans in my size would definitely have looked better!) LOL. Next time I see a pair in my size, I will definitely give them another chance.
One of my summer polos had a pocket on each side of my front and gave the appearance of a larger chest. I wore this shirt VERY often. It''s practically falling apart, but unless I find another one like it, I''m going to wear it again next summer
9.gif

I''m also 5'' 4'' and wear at least 2.5'' heels all the time. The only flats I own are flip flops and since I''m in a cold weather state, these are strickly summer shoes. I cannot stand when pants drag on the ground. This bugs me and I think it looks messy!
MC, I will definitely have to look for that type of shirt! LOL

And yes, I wear heels all the time too. I also live in a cold state (CT), so flip flops are only worn when I''m wearing capris or shorts. And I definitely cannot stand pants dragging on the ground. Eeek!! Drives me nuts! When I''m in the house and my pants are too long, I honestly fold them up so I''m not walking on them. And whenever I buy new heels, I wear my longest pair of pants, just to make sure that they won''t be dragging.
2.gif
I''m a bit OCD when it comes to clothing.
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rascal, have you tried the hip slung jeans by Jcrew?? I am the same height as you and bought a pair that was 27 S (short), they are great. Before them I bought a pair of jeans by Chip''n Pepper and had to pay 30 bucks to have them shortened as they were really long. Just a thought. They are really comfy too.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh.
36.gif
No I haven''t tried JCrew jeans, but that is a great idea!

I have tried Gap jeans, and I found that I needed the "short" sizes. The only problem was that the short jeans were arguably a bit short for heels and the regular jeans were definitely too long even for heels. And here in CT, I don''t often find an excuse to wear jeans and flip flops. It''s either jeans and heels or capris and flipflops.
20.gif
But I will definitely have to check JCrew out.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2005 8:47:43 PM
Author: kaleigh
Before them I bought a pair of jeans by Chip''n Pepper and had to pay 30 bucks to have them shortened as they were really long.
I have a pile of pants that I have never worn because they need to be shortened!! LOL I just never feel like driving across town to the tailor, nor do I feel like spending that much $$$! I tend to bring one pair at a time, as needed LOL.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rascal,
The Jcrew are a long short if you will. I always wear high heels as I am trying to be as tall as my daughter, ( in my dreams, but whatever) and they are great. They also come in bootcut. I am waiting for them to go on sale as I would love a second pair. GAP sucks lately, they so don''t get it. I feel that company has gone downhill. I used to buy a lot from them, not lately. I think their marketing is a bit screwy.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2005 9:03:18 PM
I have tried Gap jeans, and I found that I needed the ''short'' sizes. The only problem was that the short jeans were arguably a bit short for heels and the regular jeans were definitely too long even for heels. And here in CT, I don''t often find an excuse to wear jeans and flip flops. It''s either jeans and heels or capris and flipflops.
20.gif
My jeans get folded up at home as well as I never wear shoes in the house.

One thing about Gap jeans is that they''re NEVER cut the same. I own at least six pairs of their jeans and have discovered that I usually have to try on a few of any one style in the same size before finding a pair that fits correctly. One time I held up two of the same size (both in regular length) and there was a 1 1/2" difference in length. Same thing with Old Navy too. They''re owned by the same company and appear not to be not all that great with quality control!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2005 9:23:19 PM
They also come in bootcut. I am waiting for them to go on sale as I would love a second pair. GAP sucks lately, they so don''t get it. I feel that company has gone downhill. I used to buy a lot from them, not lately. I think their marketing is a bit screwy.
I love the Gap, but come to think of it, I''ve had a difficult time finding items I like this season. Their jeans fit me really well, though, so I still shop there a few times a month.

One thing about shopping at stores like the gap is I always wonder if what I''m wearing is age appropriate. I''m 33 and notice other ladies my age shopping there, so I take this as a good sign that I''m still okay. I''ve never seen anyone over the age of around 23 go into Ambercrombie and Fitch so I''ve never even been in the store even though they''ve had some really cute shirts on the display manicans.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha age appropriate...i am sooo bad about that. i look younger than my age so i feel like i can get away with more and my 15 year old sis wears the cutest stuff sometimes. i do go into A&F because people my age (31) in my friend group are still wearing that kind of stuff, just not the too small stuff or the graphic stuff, but they do have some cute sweaters and jackets and things at times.

i confess to actually buying a CHILD sized A&F sweater once, my gf and i were in the store going oh this is so cute, wow why are they so small. figured out we were in the kids A&F store, the stuff was just as cool and hip looking as in the regular store. so we go the regular, they dont have the same styles! so we both bought XL in the kids size and it fit us fine but just a little smaller than we wanted, too funny. good thing is that they were alot cheaper, something like $30 instead of $50 in the regular store.

my sis gets some of her stuff from wet seal and i am like okay i''m definitely too young to go in there!! but maybe she''ll let me borrow it.
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh god, I just realized I'm not 33 yet! ahhh! hahaha Have almost a month to go.
9.gif

As far as wearing kids clothes, I haven't done this before but was tempted one time. The shirt I saw was for little girls and would have been very fitted and cute, but I just couldn't do it. The closest to kids clothes for me is Brass Plum in Nordstrom! lol I'm normally a size S, but the other day I bought a BP camisole and was a size L or XL! (but then I've only boughten from there a few times this year. . .if it's not the age appropriate paranoia, it's the quality paranoia. Is everyone going to be able to tell this is a teenager sweater from brass plum and isn't as good of design (or as expensive) as the adult sweater from t.b.d.? Am I that much of a freak that this should even matter?
32.gif
)

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2005 9:23:19 PM
Rascal,
The Jcrew are a long short if you will. I always wear high heels as I am trying to be as tall as my daughter, ( in my dreams, but whatever) and they are great. They also come in bootcut. I am waiting for them to go on sale as I would love a second pair. GAP sucks lately, they so don''t get it. I feel that company has gone downhill. I used to buy a lot from them, not lately. I think their marketing is a bit screwy.
I don''t end up shopping at Gap much, but this summer when they opened their new store, Forth & Towne or Forthe & Town, I believe its aim was to take the older customers away from Gap and make Gap a younger brand. At least that''s how I understood it. I just got a discount card for it, F & T, I''m guessing since I have a Banana card, so I''ll have to send my mom to check it out and see if she likes anything, hehe. Anyway, neither of us have much luck at Gap. Then I have friends that wear nothing but Gap.

MC - I''ve had other "quality control" issues with Gap, its not just their jeans... But its one reason I''m so wary of buying from them. I like Banana though. Have never stepped foot into an Old Navy either so can''t comment on their quality.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2005 9:28:58 PM

Date: 11/20/2005 9:03:18 PM
I have tried Gap jeans, and I found that I needed the ''short'' sizes. The only problem was that the short jeans were arguably a bit short for heels and the regular jeans were definitely too long even for heels. And here in CT, I don''t often find an excuse to wear jeans and flip flops. It''s either jeans and heels or capris and flipflops.
20.gif
My jeans get folded up at home as well as I never wear shoes in the house.

One thing about Gap jeans is that they''re NEVER cut the same. I own at least six pairs of their jeans and have discovered that I usually have to try on a few of any one style in the same size before finding a pair that fits correctly. One time I held up two of the same size (both in regular length) and there was a 1 1/2'' difference in length. Same thing with Old Navy too. They''re owned by the same company and appear not to be not all that great with quality control!
Okay, I''m glad I''m not going crazy!! A couple months ago, I tried on a bunch of gap jeans because someone here on PS was saying how great the "curvy" ones were. Well, I grabbed one in each style and tried them on. I found one that did fit too badly, and since they were on sale and I have a hard time finding jeans I like, I picked up another pair, same style and size. Well, I get home, and I start thinking that I really didn''t love love the jeans. So I pull out my full length mirror and put on one of the jeans, and they are like five inches too long!
11.gif
Needless to say, I returned both of them.

And my problem with Old Navy jeans is that they fit wonderfully at first, but they seem to "stretch" a lot. Because after I wear them once or twice, they start falling off me! And believe me, I''ve checked, I''m not suddenly losing a bunch of weight
11.gif
. I wish. Not to mention those jeans get holes in them way too quickly in areas that I certainly don''t want holes!
3.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
I remember you wanted a sage green Juicy set and I just got this absolutely gorgeous sage green set in the color seagrass.
I saw someone wearing the color in velour the other day and asked her what color it was. It''s a beautiful color.
I tried finding it on ebay in my size, but they didn''t have it.
I went to shopbop and adasa, but it was sold out in velour.

I finally wound up purchasing it in terry in my size from shopbop because the velour was sold out.

I just got it today in the mail and I love it. I don''t have too many terry sets (3 all together), but this is probably my most favorite color of all the sets I own and I love it in the terry. PErfect for the spring.

Oh, and thanks for the 20% off tip from shopbop, I had it in my email but I never clicked it open.
I picked up the velour set in Puff Puff with the discount!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results