shape
carat
color
clarity

Fairytale wedding, or nightmare?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
A British bride, aged 16, just got married in a dress that weighed 350 lbs and cost 25,000 GBP. It took her nine and a half hours to get into it; it didn''t fit through the church door without a real squeeze and her father couldn''t walk her up the aisle because there wasn''t enough room. Her new husband and friends had to carry the exhausted bride out.

link to news story

Not my idea of the perfect wedding, but the bride was apparently delighted with the whole thing. She looks pretty happy in the pics.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely one of the most absurd things I've ever seen related to a wedding!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2006 5:42:20 PM
Author:cinnabar
A British bride, aged 16, just got married in a dress that weighed 350 lbs and cost 25,000 GBP. It took her nine and a half hours to get into it; it didn''t fit through the church door without a real squeeze and her father couldn''t walk her up the aisle because there wasn''t enough room. Her new husband and friends had to carry the exhausted bride out.

link to news story

Not my idea of the perfect wedding, but the bride was apparently delighted with the whole thing. She looks pretty happy in the pics.
GLURK!

16?!!!

I wonder if that was her college fund?

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
32.gif
that dress was WAY too big. Not being able to fit throught the front door should be a sign don''t ya think?!
33.gif
You''re right, she did seem happy though. I guess that''s all that matters!
19.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I cannot stop laughing at the picture of her coming down the aisle.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i can't stop laughing at the sight of her new bridegroom TRYING to get as close as possible in that last picture...that doesn't bode well for the marriage if she is already keeping him at a 'dress's length'..hahaa.

so silly!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~LMAO!!!! I love the first pic where she''s trying to squeeze herself down the aisle...it looked like her gown was hitting people in the face!!!
9.gif
You would think that if she knew her gown was going to be that wide, she would find a church that it would fit in!! LOL

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is truly one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen! And her parents are more even more ridiculous for humoring her! She looks like she''s in a hamster ball, for god''s sake.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2006 9:33:50 PM
Author: TravelingGal
She looks like she''s in a hamster ball, for god''s sake.

*stops, drops, and rolls, trying to get her breath back*

*takes 5x as long to type because she''s laughing so hard*

TravelingGal, you are my heroine.
30.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
THAT is why sixteen-year-olds should NOT be allowed to wed! All to outdo someone else, some random model''s wedding?

I give it six-months ... or ... right before PROM, whichever''s first
20.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And they say Americans are crazy when it comes to classless displays of materialism. That was just the most... absurd... thing. The last pic with the groom LEANING over the gown to get within touching distance of his bride is... words fail me.

What kind of MORON parents go along with this?

That was just disturbing.

Of course she''s happy, if I let 16 year old niece do every stupid ridiculous thing she wants to do she''d be thrilled. I''d be a moron. But she''s be thrilled.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Absurd

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ok seriously, what the f??

how dumb can you be...
20.gif

and is it just me or does the bodice of the dress look like a vegas showgirl outfit or what??

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
The 16 year old bride''s wedding wasn''t nearly as absurd as the D list celebrity one she was trying to outdo.

OK! magazine bought the rights for £1.75 million.

The Guardian reported that "Jordan seemed to have difficulties spending the cash despite a menu featuring lobster and foie gras, a six-foot chocolate wedding cake and half a dozen doves that were spectacularly released from the folds of her wedding dress as she stepped from a vehicle drawn by six miniature white ponies that the Sun described as ''a fairytale carriage'' - if you read the kind of fairytales that involve glamour models being trussed up inside a wrought-iron bird cage perched on top of some sort of wheelbarrow. The rest of the money had apparently been tied up in 2,550ft of white fabric that allegedly set a new ''world record for longest train on a bridal gown''."

Jordan (real name Katie Price) is a glamour model. That means topless. Rumours were rife at the time that their wedding cake was going to be breast-shaped. Jordan’s spokeswoman apparently denied that, and insisted: “The do won’t be tacky.”

No, of course not. Since when did attention-seeking glamour models who sell out to OK magazine have tacky weddings.

Ooh, wait, there''s more ...

Sky News report

"Hand-made ivory shoes for Peter, a foot-high pink crown for Jordan, a ring made of 20 princess-cut diamonds for Peter, a ring of 35 princess-cut diamonds for Jordan, hair extensions for Peter and a Barbie-pink gown with a corset made from thousands of pink Swarovski crystal ... It took a team of 12 more than three weeks to hand-sew the crystals onto Jordan''s dress, which was designed by Isabell Kristensen."

"The glass Cinderella-style carriage which Jordan arrived in had baby pink seats and pink fur carpet."

"After the ceremony, Jordan told the magazine: "This is the best day of my life. It''s the fairytale wedding I''ve always dreamed of."
Talking about her hefty diamond ring, she said: "It''s so big, I can''t bend my finger.""

And just to prove she''s not tacky, you can buy a Jordan-approved silver-plated "replica" of her 30K GBP Tiffany engagement ring for 12.99 from a UK high street chain. I was going to post a picture, but I respect the no-sims forum rule and hope it''s OK for me to mention it in passing.

No, not tacky at all. A wheelbarrow with a pink fur carpet. Yummmmm
32.gif

Seriously though, I think it''s kind of OK for celebs to have OTT weddings. It''s almost expected of them. I think it''s sad when some starry-eyed little 16 year old copies them though.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry, but there''s a difference between having a fabulous, expensive wedding and having a ridiculous, over the top wedding. There''s isn''t anything elegant about a wedding dress slapping you in the face as the bride walks down the aisle. I guess some people just don''t know when to stop, do they? It''s a shame that much money got wasted into something that''s going to make you a laughing stock.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2006 12:00:29 AM
Author: decodelighted
THAT is why sixteen-year-olds should NOT be allowed to wed! All to outdo someone else, some random model''s wedding?

I give it six-months ... or ... right before PROM, whichever''s first
20.gif

Deco I TOTALLY agree. Young girls make such silly choices (I know I did!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder if someone can find Jordan''s REAL ring!?! I want to see what that sucker looks like!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I think this was her dress:

jordan_aka_katie_price_wedding_dress11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results