shape
carat
color
clarity

Fair Diamond Price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bpwagner

Rough_Rock
I have found a diamond with the following parameters....

-Round
-0.66 Carat
-SI-1 clarity
-E color
-Table% - 59%
-Total Depth - 61
-Crown Angle - 34.8 degrees
-Crown Height - 16
-Pavilion Angle - 40.7degrees
-Pavilion Depth - 41.3
-Polish Good
-Symmetry Good
-Girdle 1.5-1.9
-Fluorescence- None

$3,283.00

I this a keeper, or should I keep looking. Thanks in advance for any input.

madmarlin

Rough_Rock
I'm no expert, but a quick search on PS for some H&A ideal stones shows quite a few with better numbers, even going to a VS2 clarity, which you could pick up for $6-700 less than the price you show. And, again, these are for ideal cut stones.

Try the PS search feature and see what you can come up with.

Best of luck.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah.. there seems to be bigger&better&cheaper
4.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sie.JPG

bpwagner

Rough_Rock
I'm kind of weary about buying online. Sure, these are great deals, but how do I know what I'm buying is what I'm getting?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
similar stones with G.I.A certs are trading at around $1700.00+, and for A.G.S Stones that are "IDEAL" cut the price should be around $2000.00

go on the web,search for similar stones and compare.

good luck

madmarlin

Rough_Rock
I, too was wary of buying online. I ran across this site a little over a month ago when I was doing research on stone as I wanted to upgrade my wife's ring for our 10th anniversary.

In the end, I bouhgt online via www.engagementringsdirect.com, one of the vendors on this site. As to how you know you are getting the right stone, most, if not all, of the vendors will send the stone to an independent appraiser of your choice prior to any money changing hands. My appraiser was local to my area, and on the PS list of appraisers, so I met with him and viewed the stone and reviewed the cert. details. That put my mind at ease. Without that, I probably would not have done it.

My advice is to find a stone via PS that you like, and then get in touch with the vendor and discuss EVERYTHING. Then have them send it to an appraiser of your choice. If it isn't what you want, it will go right back.

I'm partial to Mark at Engagement Rings Direct, but others here can and will recommend others. A lot of good comments about White Flash and Good Old Gold, for example.

So, don't be overly wary of buying online. you can protect yourself, get a great stone, and save quite a bit of money in the process.

Best of luck.

bpwagner

Rough_Rock
Do you find that most of the prices from online vendors are at or just slightly above wholesale prices?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/1/2004 10:26:19 AM bpwagner wrote:

Do you find that most of the prices from online vendors are at or just slightly above wholesale prices?----------------

online prices in general but not always have lower markups than b&m's.
The average number thrown around here is around 20%-25% for most of the recomended dealers here.
bluenile and the like are in the 35-40% range.
b&m average 60%-100%++

Some of the online dealers are b&m's like goodoldgold.com that throws the comparison off a little because you can buy the same diamond in his store for the same price.

No one and I mean no one sells at wholesale prices to consumers any dealer that that tries and tell you differently its time to hide the credit card.

bpwagner

Rough_Rock
Little help for the rookie....

b&m?

madmarlin

Rough_Rock
Bricks & Mortar

i.e. your local jewelry store.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results