shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

20190712_163010.jpg20190712_162810.jpg
My latest purchase : chrysoberyl from sedagems and setting from my local jeweller. The bulk of the cost went into the rather elaborate setting. The stone is a bit milky but I like it a lot.

I like the setting :appl:

Schmoley that is fabulous

Haha gotta love inexpensive Chrysoberyls in elaborate settings (I have one too:mrgreen2:)
Thanks! Do you have this posted somewhere? I do not recall seeing the ring.

Hand shots of my tsav-and-spinel ring that came in under $1250. Sorry if my skin looks all different shades; my camera tends to pick up lots of blue/purple, so I used the "auto-correct" feature to try to get the gem color accurate instead of my skin tone accurate. It does sit rather low.
IMG_20190712_141955371.jpg IMG_20190712_142159290.jpg

@YC
If that chrysoberyl was an untreated sapphire, it would be $$$. It’s a nice bright, durable and well cut gem. Beautiful ring!

@mellowyellowgirl
That is one elaborate setting!with diamond halo on the side as well! I tried a few settings and felt that the more posh looking setting makes the stone looks more expensive than it actually is

@TL
Thank you! If it were a sapphire, I probably cannot get the satisfaction of being able to post it on this thread:P2

9EE3FA0D-DD3D-43AD-A767-1021E42F56B6.jpeg 6572CEF7-2B3B-472C-B09F-FE070103E43D.jpeg

coming in at $750 for the grossular garnet in 14k rose gold setting. stone from mastercut gems’ summer sizzler sale and setting from Aurosi.

I love this. So very pretty. I love that color :love:

This is a wonderful thread, I love all this eye candy...all the rings posted are just beautiful. :love:

9EE3FA0D-DD3D-43AD-A767-1021E42F56B6.jpeg 6572CEF7-2B3B-472C-B09F-FE070103E43D.jpeg

coming in at $750 for the grossular garnet in 14k rose gold setting. stone from mastercut gems’ summer sizzler sale and setting from Aurosi.
Great setting for your garnet! It's beautiful. :geek2:

99E1210E-9316-4FCA-801F-A30E5E7C8531.jpeg
Ah, the days when gold was $350/oz, diamond melee was cheap, spinel and tsavorite were not that popular, and paraiba was easy to find at great prices, These were all under $1k. I think the most expensive one was the Mahenge, but because of the relatively large diamonds in the setting. It was $650 total.

From top down
violet spinel
Nigerian bubblegum pink tourmaline
Chrysoberyl
Paraiba
Mahenge spinel
Blue violet spinel (largest stone at 3 carats)
Tsavorite

Do you hear the violins playing? Because I’m feeling some major self pity over here. I can’t believe all these gorgeous rings were under $1k each. :boohoo: :lol:
Never part with them TL.

Thanks for all the kind words on my rings!! They’re all untreated as well with the exception of the paraiba.

99E1210E-9316-4FCA-801F-A30E5E7C8531.jpeg
Ah, the days when gold was $350/oz, diamond melee was cheap, spinel and tsavorite were not that popular, and paraiba was easy to find at great prices, These were all under $1k. I think the most expensive one was the Mahenge, but because of the relatively large diamonds in the setting. It was $650 total.

From top down
violet spinel
Nigerian bubblegum pink tourmaline
Chrysoberyl
Paraiba
Mahenge spinel
Blue violet spinel (largest stone at 3 carats)
Tsavorite

Your collection is gorgeous @T L! :love::love::love: I would happily own and wear any one of them! I really like your style.

To be honest, I am often embarrassed posting my settings because so many of you have gorgeous custom made settings that are so artistically refined. I just go for your standard stock halo. :P2

I live for the stones though, as I won’t be alive forever, and I want instant gratification, so stock settings!!!

Thanks to everyone again for the kind words.

Hand shots of my tsav-and-spinel ring that came in under $1250. Sorry if my skin looks all different shades; my camera tends to pick up lots of blue/purple, so I used the "auto-correct" feature to try to get the gem color accurate instead of my skin tone accurate. It does sit rather low.
IMG_20190712_141955371.jpg IMG_20190712_142159290.jpg
Oh, I seriously love this ring. So pretty!

Congratulations, @dk168 ! I like your pretty ring! Does the zircon change colors in the light? The blue is quite a nice shade.

Enjoy it in good health! :appl:

Congratulations, @dk168 ! I like your pretty ring! Does the zircon change colors in the light? The blue is quite a nice shade.

Enjoy it in good health! :appl:

It does not change colour in different lighting, sorry, and thanks!

DK :))

B0A07A81-3E59-400A-B6BB-FBDF2A049F95.jpeg My pearl, diamond and 14k gold ring. 20 years ago, there was a store going out of business, and the ring, originally over $2k ( I saw it on sale for that price before the store announced it was closing ), was liquidating their merchandise. The ring sold for $250, and I didn’t care for the more pitted center pearl, so I had replaced it with a much nicer 11mm bluer sheen Tahitian that I bought from a pearl dealer for around $100. I get so many compliments on this ring.

970014B4-081B-46AC-A129-ACF239BB39F7.jpeg I usually don’t wear this cuprian tourmaline very much, but I love the setting. 18k vintage design with bright white sparkly diamond melee. The tourmaline is precision cut from a horrible native cut, but it came with a GIT memo saying it was copper beating. It’s 8mm with a very high crown. It looks more like an aquamarine though than a cuprian. That’s not a window, but a tilt window. It exceptionally well cut.

Ooh, where did you get this awesome setting, T L?

Ooh, where did you get this awesome setting, T L?
Thank you!
eBay seller “Lord of the Gem Rings.” I bought it about 15 years ago I think, and when gold was around $400/oz. The diamonds are full cut white and clean.I don’t think their settings are the same high quality as they once were, or as heavy.

My jade vendor has really outdone himself.

I seldom try to be adventurous and he was wary of the complicated halo but the man delivered!!!

I wanted a cab that was good value for money so we hunted and finally came upon this one. There is no backing on this so no "help" with the cab colour!

IMG_20190924_154915.jpg
IMG_20190924_160417.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP