shape
carat
color
clarity

Faberge Paris Egg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this browsing the website of an antique jeweler that I discovered through Pricescope. I won't say which one as it's still on their website showing the price (marked as unavailable though).

I bought it in recent years but have never worn it, since I've been home-based for a long time. It doesn't mean I love it any less, though.

The egg is from Faberge Paris, which is the company the Faberge sons set up in Paris after fleeing the Russian Revolution. So this is not the super-valuable Romanov-era Faberge with the workmaster number, etc. As you can see, it looks too new and perfect to be one of those. (They also cost many thousands and are very much the worse for wear, so I wouldn't buy one even if I could.)

Faberge Paris was still making eggs in modern times, until it closed in 2001. Given how pristine it is, I'm sure this is a modern egg. Faberge Paris lost the right to use "Faberge Paris" on jewelry in 1984, so perhaps it's an Eighties egg. I'm also sure it's real Faberge Paris - there is a series of complicated Russian-style hallmarks and the enamel is beautifully done, with a lovely dappled quality.

I asked the antique jeweler how they knew it was genuine and they said they have researchers. The piece is heavy and the diamonds are good quality and sparkle. I did email the current Faberge in New York and sent them the weblink, but I never heard back, perhaps because today's Faberge is different again from Faberge Paris. (The company history is rather complex.) Anyway, given the evident quality and the reputation of the antique jeweler, I'm happy that it's real Faberge Paris (although you always have to be careful with pre-owned items).

18k gold, diamond weight 0.35.

Hope you like the pictures!

ETA: Attached below are two eggs from contemporary Faberge which remind me of mine.

dscn0538__2_.jpg

_37389.jpg

dscn0542.jpg

dscn0543.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Further photos.

_37390.jpg

dscn0544.jpg

dscn0548.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful eggs. I like the last one the best but they are all pretty.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I sure wish I could afford the multi-color egg. It's such fun!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love, love, love your egg! So wish I could own one too ::) .

P.S. I've been enjoying all your threads lately....you have some very beautiful and special pieces and what's even better is how much you enjoy all of them!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I.
Love.
These :love: :appl:

Romanov Russia has what they claim are authentic, who knows, but they sell them in a hot minute. So you're in excellent company, Jambie.

Yours are gorgeous. I love that chain, can you post about it if time permits?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1464643464|4038255 said:
I love, love, love your egg! So wish I could own one too ::) .

P.S. I've been enjoying all your threads lately....you have some very beautiful and special pieces and what's even better is how much you enjoy all of them!!

Thanks, JDDN! I just had time this weekend to have a blitz. Haven't had time in forever, and have had the majority of these pieces for quite a long time.

I really enjoy all jewelry - there's very little I don't like. Fine jewelry, inexpensive jewelry, colored gemstones, semi-precious stones, gold, silver, platinum - I'm an equal-opportunity jewelry lover! The only things that spring to mind that I don't like are Pandora and designer brands that are priced way, way over the top. I saw a chalcedony VCA single-motif necklace that I liked and it was 3k for chalcedony, no diamonds. I genuinely don't like jewelry priced like that because if I bought it, I'd be depressed at how much money I'd just wasted. I know not everyone feels like this about the uber-high-priced brands, and each to their own. I also don't like really large earrings. Apart from those exceptions, all the jewelry can come and live with me! My uncle was staying once and when I got home one day, he said dryly to me, "The head of Tiffany came over while you were out, because he'd heard there was more jewelry in here than he had in his inventory and he couldn't believe it!" :lol:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1464643603|4038256 said:
I.
Love.
These :love: :appl:

Romanov Russia has what they claim are authentic, who knows, but they sell them in a hot minute. So you're in excellent company, Jambie.

Yours are gorgeous. I love that chain, can you post about it if time permits?

Thanks, Azstonie! My egg came with the chain - the jeweler had put them together, it's not a Faberge chain. I think they suit each other, and I get plenty of wear out of it with other pendants, too. Both of them together were a great price. A thick 18k chain on its own like that would be a few hundred these days, I think.

:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo pretty Jambalaya! I love it! :love:

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Love the design of this paris egg.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! What's weird is that I never wear it. I think it's a little dressy for my everyday life. I like having it though.

You'd think there would be more of the modern Faberge Paris eggs around, but I never see them when browsing online.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! It looks so pretty on you! :appl: I love the color! :dance:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a gorgeous color! Love this Paris Egg.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, Rockin, Mr, and Craving!

I really need to get round to wearing it. :think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results