shape
carat
color
clarity

Eyes and Ears in India

Jay Awley

Rough_Rock
Trade
Opening this thread to jewelers and retailers in the US. I’ve run a couple small B&M stores for decades and have only recently found a way to buy reliably from India. Since my new partner joined the team he said if I didn’t start buying abroad, India mostly but some in HK as well, that we’d be dead. He came in with a previous relationship under his arm that made this finally possible. I’ve bought before from India but communication barriers and QC concerns always kept me local. What are you all doing about this, hoping I can share what I’ve found and also get some input on best practices -Jay

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Jay, welcome to Pricescope! There may be a few people here and there who are willing to engage in this conversation as vendors, but most people on PS are consumers.

Jay Awley

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Jay, welcome to Pricescope! There may be a few people here and there who are willing to engage in this conversation as vendors, but most people on PS are consumers.
Thanks Ella, is there a section of PS where jewelers can chat about the industry? And if not, do you know any other sites that specialize in that?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks Ella, is there a section of PS where jewelers can chat about the industry? And if not, do you know any other sites that specialize in that?

Jewelers can and do participate in many threads here, most of them on RT where this thread is. But it's not the primary audience of this forum, at least when it comes to discussing business practices.

Many of the vendors that come here like to talk about cut quality and other topics like that. Hope that helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results