shape
carat
color
clarity

Eyebrow Threading - Anyone try it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
Ladies,
In preparing for this, the most beautiful year and a half of my life, getting my eyebrows in shape is something I hope to do before our first round of pictures. Has anyone had any experience with eyebrow threading? I expect you Cali. girls have. (Everything seems to happen there, first...
13.gif
) I have an appointment here on Thursday:
www.TheThreadingStudio.com Can anyone tell me about their threading experience. Must I down an Advil prior to my appointment? How does this method stack up vs. waxing?
Thanks, Beauties!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
I love getting my eyebrows threaded, so much better than waxing. It may hurt a bit at first, but nothing you can''t get used to. You don''t need to take Advil prior to your appointment. It won''t be that bad. I feel like waxing is bad for your skin because of the chemicals, whereas threading is done by a thread.

Don''t worry. You''ll be fine.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes. My mother threads... so does my grandmother, my aunts... and well almost every female in my family. I can't. Been doing it a long time. It hurts... like a cross between waxing (not as fast) and epilady (not as brutal) if it's done wrong. But if the person is skilled it can be quite painless. You get numb after a while. If the person who is threading me (although eyebrow hurts the least... upper lip makes my eyes water and cheeks... ouch) isn't skilled then I tell them to quickly go over the areas to be done... then wait a minute until everything numbs and then go for it.

It's better than waxing for you.... although finish it off with alcohol so you don't break out. I break out from waxing, threading... you name it. Even plucking if I don't use a alcohol based toner afterward and make sure to wash my face a couple of times that day.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I've never had it done, but my mom did it years ago! It's really amazing how these ladies can just stretch their thread back and forth and shape eyebrows so perfectly as well as pluck other facial hair. Just make sure your face is clean before you have it done, otherwise you could break out the next day.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Threading is the only way I get my brows done. I don''t have any pain during, or redness after. The first time hurt a little, but it''s not actually painful.

sluke

Shiny_Rock
My mother used threading on my chin and upper lip when I was in my early teens...and it stung a bit. I don''t think I would have her do now, especially the eyebrows. You definitely want an experienced person to do it! Let us know how it was.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting....I have heard of this but my eyebrows are quite fine so tweezers keep them tidy.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
I''ve never even heard of this

Like you, Lorelei, my eyebrows are fine and a tweezer keeps them neat. The only thing I miss are the peachfuzz blonde hairs that can grow above my eyebrow. But hey, I''m the only one who can see them.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MUCH better than waxing. Far less painful and the end result looks much more natural, rather than "cut and paste" like wiht waxing. With me, you can tell if I''ve been waxed, the lines are very abrupt, obvious, and unnatural looking. (I have dark hair though) With threading, it looks more "real" somehow. Not too painful at all....like epilady as someone else said. You just feel some friction from the thread and that''s all.
1.gif
A LOT less traumatic than someone sticking hot wax to your face and then ripping it off. From what I understand, threading has been done in the middle east and far east for hundreds (thousands?) of years. It''s become very popular here in my area.

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
Ladies,
Practically painless, although I did down an Advil an hour ahead, just in case. The threading does give a funny sensation, almost like someone is cutting your eyebrows with a brand new pair of scissors, kind of a raspy sound/sensation. (Does that even make sense?
3.gif
) The whole process is very fast. My technician really has this down to a science. I would recommend this to anyone. I''m in the process of retraining my brows for pictures this Fall and my tech thinks this will be easily accomplished. Thanks for all the feedback and advice, y''all. (Let''s see what beauty aesthetic needs tackling next?...
13.gif
)

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I really enjoy being threaded. I have actually never been waxed for the fear of them ripping layers of my skin off
32.gif
!!! I have my eyebrows done, and it''s basically painless. I also have my upper lip threaded, and after the initial thread you get use to it and it''s done before you know it!

Glad that you had a good experience!
1.gif

I must say that I would like to try a brazilian wax as well as having my legs waxed. I have dark hair, so as soon as the hair begins to grow it''s more noticable then light haired gals. I hear that the brazilian and leg waxing lasts weeks! That would be so nice compared to shaving nearly everyday!
28.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
threading is the BEST in my opinon. No stuff on your skin to irritate and it looks better longer. It is an OLD Persian technique, I had someone in Beverly Hills who I loved and when I moved to Philly it was hard to find someone who knew what to do...it does hurt a bit, stings, but is so worth it!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
When I lived in Chicago I got threaded, mainly because I lived in an Indian neighborhood and it was only $3 for eyebrows (they always wanted to do your upper lip, even if you didnt need it, i did that once and it hurt like a ...). I personally dont like it as much as waxing. I sneeze everytime they pull, which makes for a long process for me. I had redness, but not more than waxing.

It is supposed to be better for your skin, but i prefer waxing.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
ok, after reading this thread you ladies talked me into it - I went to get threaded for the first time today. It was painless, but it tickled a bit. Lots better than waxing, where I am red afterwards and I have had a layer of skin peeled off before! And cheaper, too. I always paid $14 for waxing, and this place is $8. It was interesting to see, they had about 20 girls waiting, and about 8 people doing the threading, but I only had to wait about two minutes. Everyone was in and out so quickly. And when I get waxed, they would always take me into a separate room, fiddle around with the wax, then try and talk me into waxing every other area of my face (which DOESN''T need it). This was far quicker, and I can go shopping afterwards and not look like I had anything done. Overall, I am a convert. No more waxing for me.

For anyone in southern California, the place I went to is Ziba Beauty Center - http://www.zibabeauty.com/html/?inc=aboutus

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, which Ziba did you go to? I''ve been to the Artesia and Costa Mesa locations...haven''t tried out the West LA one yet.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Julie, I went to the Costa Mesa location - well technically it is on the Santa Ana side of sunflower, but it''s all the same. It is practically walking distance from my house, and right over my favorite greek restaraunt ;-) But from the looks of their website, it looks like they train everyone themselves in their "method" so I would imagine all locations are the same.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I thought about having it done, because I''ve been waxing since I was a freshman in high school...so how long does it last??

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
can you thread your bikini area?

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty: I would not risk it...that area is very sensitive and i can imagine would be painful...the thread tugging away at the skin over and over may cause it to get irritated...

i love threading...been doing it forever!...actually that is the #1 option where i''m from...probably one or two places offer waxing and plucking. threading is amazing and lasts at least 2 weeks...

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
hmm, i can''t imagine it''s any more painful than plucking. (sorrry, tmi, but i can''t stand having a stranger down there with hot wax)

Maybe i should just get it lasered off.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
I just found this site that has information on all hair removal types - http://www.hairfacts.com/index.html I think I''ll ask my dermatologist about laser removal for underarms, but according to this site it''s not 100% permanent. So we shall see!! Women have it so rough!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results