shape
carat
color
clarity

eye-shadow primer, who makes the best?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for an eye-shadow primer to put on your eye lids before applying eye-shadow to prevent creasing. Who makes a good one?

Thanks!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Urban Decay (in the cute funny looking tube)

I just started using this and I have to say it works.
No eyeshadow or liner for that fact, ever stayed on.
This stuff is great.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 10:44:25 PM
Author: Ann

Urban Decay (in the cute funny looking tube)

I just started using this and I have to say it works.
No eyeshadow or liner for that fact, ever stayed on.
This stuff is great.
Thanks for the tip, do you know about how much it costs?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are so many that I have tried, Chanel, Clarins, etc. There is one by Laura Geller, she makes a lip and eye product called Spackle. You can get it on Sephora, and it might be worth it, is a mainstay in her line and supposed to be great. Urban Decay also makes one. Do not know much about it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip, do you know about how much it costs?
Urban Decay''s Potion Primer is $15 and it''s sold at Sephora, Ulta, and on the urbandecay.com website.

I''ve been using it for about a year and it works VERY well. It keeps my eye shadow and liner on all day!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually use Physician''s Formula cream concealor in the compact...it''s not necessarily meant to be used for this purpose but it really works for me!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Laughing, because I didn''t remove my makeup last night
and this morning my eyeshadow and liner were still on!

My eyeliner is Sue Devitt (Sephora and some NM''s)
I usually use Stila''s Smudgepot for a liner.
That stuff is like concrete. You only have about 30 seconds
to smudge it if you are going to do that, otherwise it''s on for
good.

One thing that I noticed, is when I wear the Stila, it seems my
lashes fall out more frequently. I wonder if it has anything to do with
the fact the Stila is so long-lasting?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 12:29:41 PM

Which makeup remover are you using? Could be you''re tugging on your eyes more when removing the smudgepot eyeliner. . .you''d want to use an oil-based eye makeup remover like Lancome Bifacils because it''ll remove EVERYTHING with the least amount of effort.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 5:19:48 PM
Author: MC
Date: 3/11/2007 12:29:41 PM

Which makeup remover are you using? Could be you''re tugging on your eyes more when removing the smudgepot eyeliner. . .you''d want to use an oil-based eye makeup remover like Lancome Bifacils because it''ll remove EVERYTHING with the least amount of effort.

MC,

I use Maybeline, in the blue cap bottle, have been since early 20''s, that''s over 30yrs!
It''s always worked fine. Lately I have also been using a bit Apricot Oil after I wash my face at night, but I try to avoid my eyes.

I don''t have to tug to get the eye makeup off, but I have been wanting to try
Ponds remover that I read about on The Makeup Alley. The poster''s there loved it
and it''s super cheap, but supposedly hard to locate.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tips gals, I''m going to order the urban decay stuff. I''ll let you know how I like it. I''m so tired of looking at creased eye-shadow after a few hours...it will be great to have it stay put for the whole day!!

Thanks again!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 2:37:33 AM
Author: kcoursolle
Thanks for the tips gals, I''m going to order the urban decay stuff. I''ll let you know how I like it. I''m so tired of looking at creased eye-shadow after a few hours...it will be great to have it stay put for the whole day!!

Thanks again!
Hope you like it! Be sure to use only a bit, on your lids and in the crease, not on the browline. I usually just use a drop of the stuff. . .I''ve read that if you use too much, it can make the creasing worse!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
just a word of warning. i have used the urban decay primer and it while it prevented creasing, it completely dried out my eyelids to the point of flakiness. not good at all. just be wary. that stuff is perhaps a bit too strong.

velvetfist

Rough_Rock
My absolute Holy Grail are MAC Paints. They''re cream eyeshadows that come in little metal paint tubes. My eyelids can get greasy/creasy but this stuff works really well. I like to use Stilllife (some cream shimmer) or Bare Canvas. If you get this, unroll the end of the tube by one fold so that it doesn''t come gushing out more than necessary. Once you use some of the product it will stop ''gushing'' like that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results