shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye Creams? I''m looking OLD!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,
I"ve been searching for a "miracle" eye cream to help me with puffy and dark eyes.
I know it''s genetics, and too much time in the sun in the 80''s, but I''d like all the help I can
get. Anyone have a great eye cream to recommend?
Right now I hate my eyes!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 2 that I like.

#1 Is by Bare Escentuals, it''s called eye rever upper, part of their I.D bare vitamins line, helps with puffiness and dark circles.

#2 Is by Neutrogena, it''s called Radiance Eye Boost, it brightens the eye area and reduces the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.

I really like them a lot!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I second Kaleigh''s recommendation for the Bare Escentuals eye cream. It is one of the most effective eye creams I''ve tried and believe me I have tried plenty!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I might try the bare essencials. I''m doing an experiment right now. My eyes are really dark and puffy, almost allergic looking. The mornings are super bad. I started to think that maybe I had an allergy to the eye creams that I was using because my eyes are looking steadily worse, if that''s possible. Currently I have a neutrogena eye cream...I''m using it on one eye, but not the other, trying to see if there is a difference. This morning they both look pretty bad. I''m using the eye cream on the right eye and not the left, but I sleep on my left side. The left eye is definitely puffier looking, but I don''t know if that''s my sleeping position or the eye cream. Am I becoming obsessed? Maybe it''s time to see a dermatologist!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tybee- I use BE makeup and LOVE it. I''ve never used their skin care line, but would certainly consider it!

I use Murad products and have gotten great results. I just got a facial the other day and asked my esthetician about their eye creams. She recommended the vitamin-c one, but also suggested I check out their website http://www.murad.com/ and use the eye cream comparison tool. Haven''t done it yet, but just thought I''d share that info.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much,
I must add that I am a little cautious about trying anything new because I think that my skin is super sensitive. I once tried an eye cream from the Body Shop that caused my eyes to both swell up. I couldn''t figure out what was wrong with me for quite some time... stupidly kept applying the eye cream... then eventually figured it out. (duh!)

Currently I only use nuetrogena products for sensitive skin...

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Kiehls?

I''ve never tried their eye cream, but their cleansers and moisturizers are great -- gentle yet effective. I''ve got sensitive skin too and have never had a problem with Kiehls products.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started noticing some fine lines/deeper crow''s feet thingies around my eyes last year (I''m 29), and a few months ago I bought some L''Oreal decreaser eye cream for about $20 at the drugstore...I put it on before my makeup in the morning, and then after I wash my face at night. It seems to help, so far. I was a tanning fanatic in my teens and twenties and have since switched to self-tanner. I honestly find that my lines look the worst when I haven''t had enough sleep or am not well-enough hydrated, so those are also two preventative measures you can take.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I use Mary Kay's age-fighting eye cream. They also have an firming eye cream which is supposed to reduce fine lines and wrinkles plus extra moisture. The firming also reduces the appearance of dark circles. Mary Kay is formulated for sensitive skins too.

ETA: Ditto to the sleep and water combo. Hydrating yourself is probably the best thing you can do for your skin.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i used La Prairie eye creams for a while but honestly it''s so hard to tell if it''s actually DOING anything!! so now i am too lazy to have separate creams for things right now, and i just use this vaseline firming radiance lotion that i use for my body on my face too. it actually seems to do a good job for the most part. (who knows, maybe in 20 years i will be like damn that firming radiance, i should have used eye cream!)...the skin under your eyes is more thin and sensitive and in the past if i have put stuff on it, it doesn''t always seem like it looks BETTER than before. maybe just the same. so who knows. i also have put general face stuff (like vit c, rexturizing creams, etc) on my lids and under my eyes, even though supposedly you aren''t supposed to because the skin is thinner. but it didn''t seem to hurt either. *knock on wood* i agree that keeping your skin hydrated with water and in general keeping your skin moisturized and getting enough sleep is the best way.

anyway good luck...haha.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The La Mer eye cream is supposed to be quite good...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 11:54:15 AM
Author: diamondfan
The La Mer eye cream is supposed to be quite good...
i actually have heard the opposite about la mer eye cream...i have tried the skin cream and it''s super thick and the reviews i read about the eye cream is that it''s too thick for the sensitive eye area and ends up clogging the pores unless you use like the ultimate most tiny dab ever. i tried the face cream for a while but it was just so thick and my skin is not that dry so i ended up using it as hand cream...hahaa.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all!
I am taking your advice and REALLY working on the hydration, there''s not much I can do about the lack of sleep, unitl the next holiday rolls around ha ha!
I went ahead and ordered the Bare Escentuals stuff... I think I might be looking for a miracle that doesn''t exist, though...
32.gif
too many years of sitting in the sun I think. 38 is hitting me in the face like a brick! The stinky part is now I have acne AND wrinkles... that''s just not fair!
29.gif

The Neutrogena eye cream that I''m using right now doesn''t seem to do anything, but I''m not sure that my expectations are realistic.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Tybee, let us know what you think of the bare escentuals stuff!

I'm not so sure I believe any eye cream really works, but maybe this one will prove me wrong. My problem is puffiness under the eyes -- ugh! I always look tired. I hate it! I got contacts back in April, and once I stopped wearing my glasses, I was like, "What the ...?! Where did these puffy bags come from??!"
39.gif

Getting old sucks (I'm 35, by the way).

By the way, you said in another post that you cut 9 inches off your hair?! Wow! Any photos of what it looks like now?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, you could be right, I just heard from a couple women who loved it, who are about my age, one who has fairly sensitive skin overall.... and I think you use a bit and sort of warm it to thin it before applying it. I do not usually use eye cream, I should since I am 40, but I am not at all wrinkled and cannot be bothered frankly. I would love one that hydrates, helps with dark circles and puffiness and can go all over the eye without being too heavy. I sometimes do a de puffer in the morning. Chanel has a roll on one for circles and I think their eye cream is decent, age delay I think it is called...I like pump bottles so I am not sticking fingers or little spatulas in the jar...

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 1:58:49 PM
Author: ellaila
Tybee, let us know what you think of the bare escentuals stuff!

I''m not so sure I believe any eye cream really works, but maybe this one will prove me wrong. My problem is puffiness under the eyes -- ugh! I always look tired. I hate it! I got contacts back in April, and once I stopped wearing my glasses, I was like, ''What the ...?! Where did these puffy bags come from??!''
39.gif

Getting old sucks (I''m 35, by the way).

By the way, you said in another post that you cut 9 inches off your hair?! Wow! Any photos of what it looks like now?

I''ll let you know... I''m with you, I''m not sure any of this stuff works, but if something DOES I want to know about it! lol! My eyes are really dark and puffy too... people often ask me if I''m tired... I hate that!

I did cut 9 inches off my hair! I was some serious chopping! I don''t really like it short, though. I did it because I chemically straightened my hair about a year ago and it was all growing curly underneath. I''m going to restraighten it during the Christmas holidays, but it''s cheaper to straighten less of it (oh my expensive vanity!!) Right now I just look like a frizz ball. I"ve had to pull out the iron again!

Everyone wants what they don''t have!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Burt's Bees Repair Serum is scary good! I use it and for once my mother is actually complimentary!
I look younger, the dark puffy circles have gone away, the fine lines I was developing have vanished. You could see the start of crow's feet when I smiled, but now you can't. '

ETA: I used to have real problems with dark circles, and my mother told me it was probably permanent. She also bought me horribly expensive creams to fix it that did nothing. (My fi can tell when I've talked to my mother)
20.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
hey thanks Indie~
I might try that too! I love Burts Bees stuff, and can pick it up at Whole Foods...
My Bare Escentuals should come on Friday...
Meanwhile, drinking tons of water, it can''t hurt, right?

knock knock knocking on 40''s door!!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hey tybee:

it seems you''ve gotten lots of great suggestions for puff-reducing creams, but i thought i''d let you know that my close friend has some pretty dark circles under her eyes and she love benefit''s lemonaid. i guess it''s a concealor, but quite effective.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i''ve tried many eye creams and nothing really works. I even bought the one in all the magazines (forgot the name) that goes for $100 a tube. I might as well have used my usual moisterizer for the same effect (none!). I''d love to hear feedback from people who are trying some of the products mentioned on this thread. Otherwise, I''m starting to think I''ll have to go under the knife at some point to suck out the puffiness under my eyes that doesn''t seem to go away! (I think the darkness is more or less permanent).

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for your recommendations and advice!
I ordered the bare esscentuals eye rever upper and it arrived Wednesday, so far I really like it! I don''t know that it makes a huge difference, but the there is indeed a difference.
Every little bit helps, right?

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Now I''m debating between the Burt''s Bee serum and the Bare Escentuals stuff. I think I''m leaning toward the BBs, but so far I haven''t been able to actually find it in a store. Most stores that carry BB stuff seem to just have the basic stuff - hand cream, lip balm, etc. (sigh)

One UNrecommendation I have is Origins No Puffery 30-day treatment. Boooooooo. Does zip, zero, nada.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Ellaila,

I'm curious about the BB stuff too.
I've never learned how to post a link, but you can buy the Burts Bees stuff online, but I found a link

I actually edited this url out, I wasn't sure if I was breaking any rules by posting it.
but you can definitely find BB stuff online...
sorry if I did any rule breaking!

35.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tybee! I actually just ran to Whole Foods, and they carry all the BB products, so I wound up getting one of their little trial kits (love those!) that has the repair serum in it. It was just $11.99 for the kit, and it''s got that serum, a hand cream, a marshmallow cream (?!), a night cream, royal jelly eye cream (a teeny dab of it though), toner, and one or two other things. Fun!!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Referring back to the La Mer talk, I got a few samples of the regular face cream from Neiman Marcus and I dabbed it onto my eye area whenever they got dry. I don''t know if it helps dark circles, but the face cream is wonderful as an eye cream!!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Tybee...I am completely sold on the Prevage system for the face and eyes. You will love it. I have sensitive skin and I haven''t had any problems with it.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Newsflash!
just got the new Consumer Reports! They test eye creams!
I''m going to read up and report back!

I''m sure that I have better things to spend my money on... but dang, I''m vain!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
ooooh- YES, Please report back. I''ve been following this thread as I need to add an eye cream to my skin care regimen. I''m *this* close to ordering a Murad one as I LOVE their stuff!

I can''t stand the dark circles under my eyes and am starting to see a hint of crows feet. UGH

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
HA! Well, good news and bad news... The bad news is that actually NOTHING really works! They all just ___sort of____ work.

A quote from Consumer Reports:

In our first test of wrinklel creams (performed with-- who else?-- the French), we found that after 12 weeks our top-rated products did smooth out some fine lines and wrinkles. But even the best performers reduced the average depth of wrinkles by less than 10 percent, a magnitute of change that was, alas, barely visible to the naked eye.

Their top rated cream was basically Olay Regenersist... then they went on to say taht the best treatment is prevention! Darn! It''s too late for me! Time to start saving up for an eye tuck lol!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Tybee - what other eye creams did they review?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results