shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye Cream Recommendations

ExplorePS

Rough_Rock
Anyone out there a skin care pro? Any recommendations on eye cream to prevent wrinkles or pro-long what you do have before nature just takes it's course. I'm not a gal who wants to utilize surgery/botox as a cure, so I thought prevention and products would be the way of life. However, if I'm honest with myself, the mid-range products at Sephora vs La Mer's famous eye cream doesn't seem to make that big of a difference to me. I was gifted with La Mer's eye cream over Christmas and it's so pricey that I don't think I would get it myself. It feels like my own "mini spa day" when I use it, but not sure if it's really doing much more than helping my mental health feel like I'm taking care of myself. Or is youth on my side and any general product will work? I'm in my late 30s but I do seem to have worse wrinkles than other friends my age. Appreciate the opinions and inputs! TIA!

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Same boat as you...no botox/fillers for me either. I like Tatcha's Silk Peony melting eye cream.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Botox here either, though turning 50 this year & seriously contemplating it for increasingly heavy brows that are not only lower, but also causing eyelid droop.

Anyway, I have used the Sunday Riley Retinol & Glycolic Acid for years & they hands down shrank the pores around my nose, mouth & chin. They went from being a bit visible to practically gone & smooth. I alternate them every other night, after a collagen serum & before I moisturise (retinol one night, acid the next).

Could definitely do with a REALLY good anti wrinkle eye cream though, so watching this thread for recommendations.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Doctorly (you tube Dermtalogists) are fabu to watch. Excellent education and product reviews. They cover it all!

cheers--Sharon

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Isomers Fast Lift Eye Serum. I can actually put it ON my eyes. Non-oil and fragrance free. I've been using it for 26 years. In the summer I keep a bottle in the fridge. I highly recommend the entire line of products I use. No spokesmodel and no BS, just great products.

And NO, I am NOT a shill.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alsatin.com
Medical grade - restorative eye treatment with TriHex technology

Started using it last summer. Smooths out fine lines. has helped a lot.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don't need eye cream.
I've heard that this makes nobody even notice crow's feet.

f.jpg

Star gazer

Shiny_Rock
Love this stuff right here, by Avene! Highly recommend. It's for the face and neck, but says you can also use it all around your eyes, and eyelids. Which I do, and love! Let me know if you (or anyone else in the thread) tries it, and how you like it :) 20240215_220702.jpg

Star gazer

Shiny_Rock
Also wanted to add, always use your ring fingers to gently pat any cream around the eye area. :) As the skin is very delicate and thin, around the eye

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to be 65 shortly and I have no wrinkles around my eyes or on my face but I’ve been using retinol since I was 16. The only problem I have is bags under my eyes. I need a good something for bags.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to be 65 shortly and I have no wrinkles around my eyes or on my face but I’ve been using retinol since I was 16. The only problem I have is bags under my eyes. I need a good something for bags.

Ditto on the bags...not sure if anything could help my bags! Well, maybe this:cool2::lol-2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I always use Vit C (differing brands but love Skinceuticals CE Ferulic ) in my rotation. No wrinkles. I also use what Missy recommended but that is more so on my body.

cheers--Sharon

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Be careful about retinol around the eyes as it can cause significant dry eye. You’re probably okay applying to the crows feet area, but not on upper lid and only sparingly in lower eye area away from edge of eye.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto on the bags...not sure if anything could help my bags! Well, maybe this:cool2::lol-2:

Take your ring finger and GENTLY press the area under the eye. You can feel the liquid draining, but do it gently. it usually takes 5 taps to cover the area. I do this 2x a day.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take your ring finger and GENTLY press the area under the eye. You can feel the liquid draining, but do it gently. it usually takes 5 taps to cover the area. I do this 2x a day.

All under the eye or just the middle? Thanks for the tip. The best thing to cover the eye bags is glasses and now I don’t need them anymore!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No botox or creams here either.
But my skin's still nice.

9.png

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gua sha rollers are helpful. So are tea bag compresses.

I'm not a big serum/cream person...I have some Estee Lauder and Chanel that I use when I remember but otherwise I'm more concerned about overall moisturizing my very dry, eczema-prone t-zone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks @Amber St. Clare Mine arent really "bags" like liquid. Its like thin skin with no fat pad under it so just really dark
hollow circles (genetic) :(2. I think the only thing that could help is surgery where they pull the fat pad back up but I'm
not willing to go there.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Amber St. Clare Mine arent really "bags" like liquid. Its like thin skin with no fat pad under it so just really dark
hollow circles (genetic) :(2. I think the only thing that could help is surgery where they pull the fat pad back up but I'm
not willing to go there.

My friend had this & she had dermal filler injected to the under eye area. It was completely transformative with just a couple of needles each side, though I don’t know how you feel about needles or filler, of course. Just a suggestion.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The eye cream brand ideas above are great but I want to suggest a couple other things.

Eat clean (organic when possible). Eat a variety of intense dark green and red nutrient veggies like bitter salad greens daily. Tart berries for phytonutirents. Good nutrients will show up on your face. Dare I say…. reduce sugar and alcohol (reduce inflammation).

Make sure you get enough C and D (test yourself at the doctors to see what your baseline D levels are, they should be high end of the range for skin healing, obviously consult a doctor.) Take K2 if you take a D3 supplement (consult Dr.)

Wear a large hat in the sun, do not depend on sunscreens to save your skin. I also wear something to cover my neck and hands when sun is intense. Wear a proper non-nano zinc based sunscreen if you wear sunscreen.

Get Exercise in the fresh air, get enough sleep and reduce stress.

All of these beneficial things will show up on your face.

Last edited:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
not willing to go there.

Gently press the lower eye area, all the way to the outer corners. You should be able to feel the liquid decompress.
I've also put cold, used teabags over my eyes for 15-20 minutes and it seems to perk them up.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend had this & she had dermal filler injected to the under eye area. It was completely transformative with just a couple of needles each side, though I don’t know how you feel about needles or filler, of course. Just a suggestion.

Thanks @Ally T I've looked into it a little. Not against filler. I just dont think I have the nerve to do it!

@Amber St. Clare I will try this tomorrow morning but like I said, it doesnt seem to be liquid. Its more hollow. I need to
try the teabag thing too. That might feel good.

uwodahikamama

Rough_Rock
I personally really like Shira organics cucumber eye cream. I love all their stuff from the organics line, but I recently added the cucumber eye cream and I really like it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results