Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye cream recommendations

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
2,400
I am looking for a new eye cream and was hoping that an could call upon the vast wisdom of all you PSers.

I am hoping to find something moisturizing, but not too heavy as I have snsitive skin. I tend towards the more natural the better. Thanks in advance.
 

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
3,139
I was going to post about this new product I have been using, because it is amazing! It's called Neo-strata. I got a small sample of eye serum with my order of Latisse (lash growth enhancer). It helps with fine erase fine lines, discoloration, and increases collagen production. The improvement around my eyes so noticeable, that I want to smear it all over my face! I raved about it on my facebook page just last week.

BTW, I don't know if I can plug this, but I buy all my skincare online from skinthology.com, and have received some great samples to try :)
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
Are you looking for help with some specific concerns? Fine lines, dark circles, etc.?
 

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
1,903
I am so glad to see this topic, I've been using a product by Lancombe, & I'm not too happy with it. I just don't like the way it makes my skin feel.

I'll look forward to reading everyones replies!
 

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 27, 2013
Messages
641
I've tried many that are just meh (look great and moisturizing initially, but the benefits fade in about 2 hrs) but the two that are slightly-better-than-meh IMHO are "Dr Dennis Gross ferulic + retinal triple action correction eye serum" and "La Mer Eye Balm Intense". Huge price diff bw the two and I think they work the same. Moisturizing at the beginning of the day at least, does not give that tight skin feeling, and makeup etc goes on smoothly on top of it.
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,718
I am allergic to life, if that gives you any indication to how sensitive my skin is, and recently discovered the AMORE PACIFIC MOISTURE BOUND Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel. I got it at Nordstrom in a sample pack a while ago, and started testing it out maybe a month or two ago now? I think it's $85 for a full jar.

They call it a gel and I don't know if that's the right word. It's a very strange texture. It's like a serumy borderline oil gel "cream"? It almost "melts" on contact, and I still think gel is the wrong word. It's so great. I have not broken out in any rashes, and it absorbs beautifully, and works great with makeup. I have a CPAP and the mask gives me a massive red rashy beard. I put some of this on that, and it worked even on my face beautifully. It's really pricey but I've been very pleased. I have even put it on my lips! (I use their lip balm too.)

I have been using it now for about 2 months, and the sample jar is about 2/3 empty and just bought a full size jar. I am going to refill the sample jar a little so I can travel with it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AV_

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
2,400
Thank you all for your recommendations! I have such sensitive and reactive skin that is has been tough to find something that is moisturizing, won't make me break out or get clumpy under makeup!!!
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,718
stepcutnut|1453843670|3981945 said:
Thank you all for your recommendations! I have such sensitive and reactive skin that is has been tough to find something that is moisturizing, won't make me break out or get clumpy under makeup!!!
I am very familiar with that issue. Just not getting a reaction to something is my number one goal.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
2,018
I've tried lots and lots of eye creams and never continued use because most gave me milia, stung, or was gummy under my makeup. However, I received a sample of an eye cream by Nourish Organic and I have been using it for an entire year without any ill effects. I love it! You can get it at Whole Foods or purchase it online. It is only $20.

http://nourishorganic.com/collections/face/products/avocado-argan-eye-cream
 

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
3,139
jaysonsmom|1453773675|3981498 said:
I was going to post about this new product I have been using, because it is amazing! It's called Neo-strata. I got a small sample of eye serum with my order of Latisse (lash growth enhancer). It helps with fine erase fine lines, discoloration, and increases collagen production. The improvement around my eyes so noticeable, that I want to smear it all over my face! I raved about it on my facebook page just last week.

BTW, I don't know if I can plug this, but I buy all my skincare online from skinthology.com, and have received some great samples to try :)
inserting link so you can read about the product:

http://www.skinthology.com/NeoStrata.html?redirect=1
 

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
7,731
LAJennifer|1453850858|3982022 said:
I've tried lots and lots of eye creams and never continued use because most gave me milia, stung, or was gummy under my makeup. However, I received a sample of an eye cream by Nourish Organic and I have been using it for an entire year without any ill effects. I love it! You can get it at Whole Foods or purchase it online. It is only $20.

http://nourishorganic.com/collections/face/products/avocado-argan-eye-cream
amazon has this for 15.95 and it's is Prime-able!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top