shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye clean?

Eric33w

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

In your opinion so you think this stone will be eye clean? I know it's a VS2 but sometimes you never know.

Thanks in advance

_37712.jpg

Attachments

• 104087405054-pgr.pdf
    400.3 KB · Views: 40

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
How big is the stone? It's pretty damn clean in this super zoomed picture, so I'd say you are good to go.

Eric33w

Rough_Rock
It's a 1.982ct. The cert link is right above the picture. My main concern was that white mark on the black arrow at 3 o'clock

Q

Queenie60

Hi Eric - ask the vendor about the white mark. Have them take a close look at the stone and discuss your concerns with them. And be sure to understand their definition of "eye clean" - could just be a white inclusion that is not visible to the naked eye. They can confirm with you.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Eric33w|1467811463|4052030 said:
Hi guys,

In your opinion so you think this stone will be eye clean? I know it's a VS2 but sometimes you never know.

Thanks in advance

Hello Eric33w,

Classifying a diamond as "eye-clean" via a picture, whether magnified 10X or 100X is very difficult to do. Your best bet is to find a gemologist with the diamond "in hand" and have them give you a judgment on whether or not the diamond is eye-clean. Also, ask for their specific definition - though most vendors will have it published on their website, or will tell you specifically what their definition is, it is always good to have clarity on that (<-- hey, kind of diamond pun).

For reference at B2C we use this: We define an eye-clean diamond as no inclusions seen in the face-up orientation at a distance of 25cm, under normal lighting, when viewed by a gemologist with 20/20 vision.

Hopefully you will find something of similar specificity.

Eric33w

Rough_Rock
yea thanks guys, I spoke to the vendor and they said it was eye clean. They base it off of 8-10 inches, 20/20 vision, in natural daylight so I think it should be fine. I guess I'll just have to check it thoroughly when it comes in

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt anyone would see it without a loupe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results