shape
carat
color
clarity

Extreme Makeover Home Edition comes to town

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've watched the show a few times and was skeptical that what you saw was what you got as far as building a home in 7 days. Also vowed to volunteer if it ever came to my community although I thought Hades would have a skating rink before that happened. Well they came and I volunteered and just got home from the big reveal. It was an awesome experience, 7 day 24-hr/day whirlwind that yielded a deserving family a new home. So when the show airs its Southern Oregon program, think of this PS diamond diva not necessarily because I helped with the project but because I had a darn good time trying to convert some of the women I met to the PS vendor experience. A good diamond diva never misses an opportunity to educate:bigsmile:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They did one where we live a few years ago. It might have been the first or second season. The house doesn't look so great now
though......

I would love to work on one of those projects or maybe for Habitat for Humanity.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cool you got to be a part of it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sidenote: a home in my county was redone for the show very early in the show's existence. About a year later the local paper stated it was foreclosed on...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I don't know whether the taxes on these properties are always taken into consideration when they are made. I also don't think that enough planning is done on the part of the family once they do have their new home in terms of upkeep and taking care of expenses.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1316050225|3017888 said:
I've watched the show a few times and was skeptical that what you saw was what you got as far as building a home in 7 days. Also vowed to volunteer if it ever came to my community although I thought Hades would have a skating rink before that happened. Well they came and I volunteered and just got home from the big reveal. It was an awesome experience, 7 day 24-hr/day whirlwind that yielded a deserving family a new home. So when the show airs its Southern Oregon program, think of this PS diamond diva not necessarily because I helped with the project but because I had a darn good time trying to convert some of the women I met to the PS vendor experience. A good diamond diva never misses an opportunity to educate:bigsmile:
OMG I am SO envious you got to be part of it!!! When they came here I was out of town and was not able to volunteer!

You did a great thing.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411|1316093918|3018132 said:
I don't know whether the taxes on these properties are always taken into consideration when they are made. I also don't think that enough planning is done on the part of the family once they do have their new home in terms of upkeep and taking care of expenses.

It was my understanding that the foreclosures on Extreme Makeover homes are almost always due to the homeowners taking out a second mortgage on the new home after everything was all complete, i.e this story :http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16980412/detail.html

The biggest problem seems to be that while these families get much of their burden relieved they are still don't know how to manage resources and income well.

Regardless of any of that- good for you, Matata, for volunteering, and thank you for getting out there and involved!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results