shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts of RockyTalky, please help me pick an Oval

sg10

Rough_Rock
Hello,

This is my first post and after pouring over all the fantastic and thoughtful posts on this website, I am ready to purchase a diamond and would truly appreciate any help/thoughts y'all have.

The FW went ring browsing with her mom and has fallen in love with oval double halo e-rings with lots of pave. Because of this, my only really hard requirements I have in mind are that the color be G+ and the budget for the diamond itself be ~$6,500 or less.

I've put two JA diamonds on hold and wanted to know what thoughts you have on these?

#2 in the list appears to be much more expensive primarily for unnecessary color, but the diamond appears to be much more lively in the video. I do have a few months to make a purchase, so if I should probably hold off and keep searching, that's fine too.

One general question I had - with a double halo setting, should I consider possibly going smaller on the diamond? It seems to be a unique case, but one of the settings she was looking at has an upper limit to .83 ct in size. I'm not stuck on that setting, but would love to hear any thoughts or opinions on diamond size in a double halo. (Ring size is 6-7 if that is any factor)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One general question I had - with a double halo setting, should I consider possibly going smaller on the diamond? It seems to be a unique case, but one of the settings she was looking at has an upper limit to .83 ct in size. I'm not stuck on that setting, but would love to hear any thoughts or opinions on diamond size in a double halo. (Ring size is 6-7 if that is any factor)

What settings are you looking at? Oval length vary widely so I cant image that a setting would be so specific as to say .83 max.
Can you link us to it so we can have a look?

It's hard for us to tell you whether to go smaller on the main stone. I wear close to a 7 so I could go 1+ carat center stone with a
double halo. Finger real estate isnt a problem but whether it may look too big for your area is a question that I cant answer.

Edit...when you decide what size you want to go with I'll probably throw out a few more ovals for you to consider.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results