shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert advice needed on 3.4c j vs2

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I have learned a lot through this forum and it really lets me look at diamonds with much more scrutiny eyes as well as appreciation for well cut diamonds.
Experts like diamondseeker, pintobean, bliss, and others please advise on the aset/ideal scope images below?
Some specs:
Table:55%
Depth: 62.4%
Crown angle: 34.5
Pavilion angle: 41
Clarity: vs2
Flour: medium
Girdle: med- tsk
Thank you so much in advance for your input!

_1359.png

_1360.png

_1361.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Thank you gypsy! Should I be concerned about the white spots for light leakage in middle in the first picture?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The first photo is absolutely fine. No leakage to speak of.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! It carries a lot of weight coming from you guys! It's truly such a supportive forum for gems lovers. i was afraid the depth is a little outside of the ideal range (higher than 42.3) but hca still scores under 2 so I guess I am ok.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Correction, I meant the pav angle outside of ideal range being 41 rather than recommended 40.8 or so here.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a beauty! You have BOTH Gypsy and DS2006 giving thumbs up - you are good to go! :appl:

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! I am excited!

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
So I think I am driving my husband crazy with my my questions about setting so turning back to you guys for support. I bought the stone and it was set. Both my husband and my mom thought it was too high and I asked for it to be lowered, now I feel it is too low. What do you think? First pic is the first time setting, second pic is current. I have not picked up the ring yet from the jeweler but I have a pit in my stomach that I made the wrong choice. Also, because the triangles in the prong in the initial setting were not evenly cut, they had to make it bigger to make it all consistent, now I feel the triangles are too big compared to the Tiffany ones.
Any word of comfort or wisdoms would be appreciated. This is so nervewracking having to wait until Monday to pick up the ring and I just feel the second time setting did not turn out what I had in mind. I feel like I spent so much on the stone and I won't be happy with the final product.... Or is it n my head and the second setting looks ok to your eyes?

_1366.png

_1367.png

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Here are blurry but better comparison of the profiles. Which do you think look better?

_5486.jpeg

_5487.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer the first setting of the stone. The second does look too squatty and spread to me. I'm sorry if this adds to your angst but get it done the way you think it looks best the first time around. I'm sure it is a beautiful ring though!

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your honest input. I have a toddler and was not used to the solitaire setting and thought i would do myself a favor my lowering the setting. I still think the first setting is too high but the second is now too low. It is agraving to have an image of a perfect height and it does not turn out the way it would like. So much money has been spent that it want it to look perfect and I am so upset! No one to vent to so I am turning it here. The stone is relatively large (to me at least) so I guess to make it proportional, I will look slightly high from the profile. I didn't go the vache route so now
I feel I am paying the price for a custom setting that done the way I would like:(
Does anyone have a profile setting to show me for a similar sized ring? I am sad:(

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
I like it low! A stone that size would feel too big to me otherwise, and I like very low set rings. But it's about what YOU like, not me!

Can you try on some other rings of varying heights, and see what you like best?

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
I like it in between the two heights and I now feel it's too late as the jeweler said he can lower it but not make it higher. So I feel so stuck!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I certainly wouldn't want it any lower. You may find that in wearing the ring you really like it - if not, just start saving up again I guess for another six prong mounting. If you buy a stock setting, they are not loads of money.

I'm sorry this didn't work out for you the way you envisioned - that is sometimes the downside of jewelry buying. Give it a chance though - you might really like it once it is on your hand!

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Let's see some more photos! Would love to see views of it face up.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Hi, this is the top down view although from this is from the former setting. However from the top view, it the look of the ring should not change much between the 2 settings from top down view. Also, I opted for a rounded knife edge and I am not sure if that is a good choice as I see a lot of nice knife edge settings.

_5489.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results