shape
carat
color
clarity

Experience with Buydiamonddirect!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

james100

Rough_Rock
Well, I sent off for a ''Request for info'' to Buydiamonddirect recently with the refence nos for about 6 stones to ask for details and a salesperson replied back to offer ...

--- [email protected] wrote: > I have a
perfect stone that it is not on your list
it is a 1.59 fvs2 g.i.a cert. 7.51-7.54x4.63 D=61.5
T=56 THIN-MED , FAC NONE EXCELLENT VERY GOOD NONE
WITH A SARIN REPORT. I CAN FAX YOU BOTH THE CERT. AND THE SARIN PRICE IS XXXXXXXXX TOTAL FOR THE STONE
CALL RON @ 800 886-1515 ---------

and I replied..

-----james see wrote:

Hi,
Would you be able to email to me?

thks,
J

He replied...

--- [email protected] wrote: > are you ready
to buy? i will e mail !!
> >

I said..

james see wrote:

> What do you mean???!!!??? I don''t even know whether
> this is a "perfect stone"?!?!
>

And the salesguy replied...

what do you mean is it perfect?/ it is by the measurements, can''t you tell?????I don''t want to send certs and sarin and for you to shop it all
over the place. even though I will probably be the least expensive!!
the stone has the perfect measur.and a very nice imperfection that is
hardly visible!!
do your homework and tell me what you want to do!!

End of Experience...... you guys decide....

J

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing that experience.

Personal opinion......I think this vendor represented himself in a less-than-desirable fashion, and I'd likely not buy from a vendor of this nature. Why?

1) It appears he didn't respond with any information about the stones you actually asked about. It would have been better to say, here is the info on those stones, and I'm including info on another stone that I think may also suit your needs.

2) I'd question his knowledge of diamonds based on his comment "of course it's a perfect stone, can't you tell by the measurements?" Expert after expert here, vendors included, have commented on how it's possible for stones to look great on paper via measurements and yet perform weaker than expected.

3) Any vendor that is unwilling to present certs/sarin info for a consumer signals a warning to me. If one is indeed competitively priced, then what's the fear? How can any vendor expect a purchase decision to be made PRIOR to providing requested documentation?

As a final note, I know that www.buydiamondsdirect.com is a frequent visitor of this board. As such, he should understand the savvy of customers from pricescope....and he should know better than to suggest that an educated shopper make a purchasing decision prior to viewing documentation.

He can, of course, do business any way he sees fit, but I personally would not buy from a vendor under these conditions.

Trinity

Rough_Rock
Well, I guess I will cross them off my list.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I actually dealt with Ron when I was searching for my Radiant, and i must say I am surprised. He's was great with me, and the customer service level was always high when I asked questions. I remember making him pile through all his radiants for anything with a Length to Width Ratio of under 1.05, and we sat on the phone pouring through each likely candidate.

Sad to hear your experience was not as good. I guess it's something that happens through the diamond field, because I got the same, "This is the best stone..." or the "Are you ready to buy" bit, but that's while I was shopping with the sharks in NYC's Diamond District.

I also got people telling me that if I "was ready to buy, I would be with my fiancee". I guess they didn't consider I work across the street and headed there at lunch to find my stone, and he gave me the green light to find it, and he was going to be the 2nd set of eyes before we bought it. They lost my sale immediately. I hope Ron realizes that one bad review can hurt many other sales...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats the problem with dealers that dont have the stones in their own stock.
Id bet its a brokered stone and he is worried about you finding a better price on the exact stone and buying from someone else.
Bet he doesnt have any more info other than a report and sarin also.

If he had it in stock he wouldnt be so worried about you shopping around.

If I had been sent a message like that from a vendor my reply would have been "dont wait up for a sale to me or you will never sleep"

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If shopping around is not allowed, what can I say? There must be plenty of stone one can actually compare.

I may be very wrong, but it is this very form of sketchy presentation that motivates customers to shop for price only. The stone may be a bargain, as stated, but it could also be very desirable and worth some premium. How can one tell from the respective 'cold' message?

At least the jeweler with stone in hand has some credible argument to downplay 'the numbers' - he can at least show the stone! But here, not only you are supposed to do your homework and learn to "read" between the lines what the stone would be like, but also make do with very little info? I do not get the point at all... This may be fair game among professionals, but none of us is one and more info should be an obvious must.

Sorry to hear about this.
sad.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am sorry you feel that way,But I don't remember you asking all these questions via e-mail.
YEs,We are the least expensive that I can guaranty. I guess tha'ts why you didnot write the $$$$(xxxxx)amount. I would have to disagree with your comments that we didnot want to e mail you the certs, As this is our job ,and our staff including the salesperson you spoke to do it all day long.I have viewed all the emails ,and have not seen any of the converstaion you have written on here, what is your motive here??I am sure that we can resolve the issue just ask for the diamondsman.I think that it's inappropriate of you to have discussed it on here you should have called an resolved it on the phone.

As far as adjwy is concerned I don't want to even go there.Look at her previous posts against our co. and even the link she has provided is not related to the issue here.
I dont' even know what the link has to do with this subject,
She bought one diamond in her lifetime and she becomes the expert, I have been doing it for a 30 years ,and I have survived without her.

strmrdr
I am not worried about anyone finding a better price,As I can almost guaranty that my prices are the lowest ,I recently challanged many members on here including the above adjway,to prove me wrong on 10 stones,and they were going in circles not being able to prove me wrong,maybe you could?
As far as not owning stones,It's true I don't own 40,000 +/-stones, but I own a good portion,$$$$$$$of stones and jewelry,to say the least.

Nicerz, thank you, Your name tells who you are "nice",You know that we are striving on customer service,as well as good prices.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The original poster, James100, has long since purchased his stone quite happily from another vendor he found more pleasing, and moved on from Pscope.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe because I ran a search on his history?

It's not rocket science.
rolleyes.gif

This post was originally started last June...a very important detail. Most of these responses were from last June as well.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How do you know that he purchsed since then?why was this subject brought up again today?Oh I forgot you eat,sleep,dream,here(what I mean is you have no life?)but pricescope.

over and out.!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondsman...acting like a 12 year old again, I see...

1) I know that he bought a diamond since then because he POSTED ABOUT IT, do you get that? Or wait, maybe it's because I'm psychic. Oh no, I forgot. It's because I'm "secretly" in the industry. Yeah, that's right.

2) As for why this thread was resurrected, maybe you should ask Trinity, who is the one who posted to it. Or better yet, DON'T. The last thing Pscope needs is you harassing people via PM.
nono.gif

I don't see a thing wrong with eating, breathing, and sleeping diamonds..sounds like a blast to me!
2.gif

Lastly, doubtful you are 'over and out' since that really means you are just lurking to see if I respond. HAH! I, however, am DONE with this thread.
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Old thread that got brought back some how. The original date was June 13, 2003.
1.gif

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Hey Diamondsman--
Listen, you cannnot please everyone 100% of the time, so we all just have to move on and not dwell in the past. Sounds like you have some very satisfied customers, I am sure that some of the other internet diamond dealers may have a few black eyes, also.
Just one word to the wise, I would not, if I was you, take shots at some of the people who post regularly on this site, such as Mara, I think that kind of behavior will just come around and hurt you. Just my 2 cents.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Diamondsman -

As a consumer, seeing your comments and attacks on PScope posters is a complete turnoff.

In my opinion - I would not work with someone based on those actions alone.

I am sure you have many happy clients. But I am pretty sure if they saw your actions here they'd think twice about buying through you.

Don't attack the hand that feeds you.

BenNYC

Rough_Rock
As a consumer who came to Pricescope to get advice and eventually find a vendor to buy a diamond ring from, I agree with the above posters. I checked out comments on the vendors I was considering on Pricescope and if any of them had made comments to a Pricescope user like the ones you made in this thread, I would have no desire at all to have any dealings with them. There are plenty of diamond merchants in this world to allow us to deal with someone who has class and grace.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have the right to defend my site and integrity,
look at the posts of those people that you claim I am attacking ,they sure don't feed me.
We strive on customer service and VERY good prices, you can ask nicerz, as she stated we spent time with her ,and even though she didnot buy from us , we were very curtious and were happy she had bought the stone she did.

I am out of this thread,.it's old news

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Perhaps you can get out altogether!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
diamondsman - "look at the posts of those people that you claim I am attacking ,they sure don't feed me."

No, they do not feed you. And due to the attitude you have, you could lose a decent amount of potential clients. (And don’t forget about the 'referral' clients that come with them.)

Honestly, the point here is this: Be careful about how you speak to PriceScope users. We search for information on Vendors, and the feedback we find about them weighs heavily in our decisions about WHO we would trust.

This forum was created as a way for consumers get information about diamonds. Many people are purchasing a diamond for the very first time – and PScope helps guide them into the appropriate direction for their needs. Many men come here looking to learn about one of the most important purchases of their lives. People air their frustrations, get feedback on stones and can inform others of their experiences with Vendors.

The best advertising in the world is word-of-mouth. Don’t forget how powerful customer feedback can be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results