shape
carat
color
clarity

Exercise ball at work

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone ever used an exercise ball at work as a chair? We have an employee that wants to do it and I don''t see any problem, as long as they sign a waiver stating they will not hold the company liable if they fall off
6.gif

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Someone at my work uses one.
They say it''s better for posture and works their core.
We had the ergo. guy look at it and gave it the O.K.
It''s a good idea, and iw ould love to do it, but i would be that person falling off!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
One piece of advice, those things break more easily than you think. We used one for a classroom computer in high school and one moment I was checking my email and the next I was on the floor, looking at the ceiling. Someone threw a pen at someone else and it hit the ball instead which didn''t just deflate, it practically exploded. I wasn''t hurt, but you might make sure your employees read the safety directions carefully.

Before that, I really liked it and would consider using one again

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m using one as a chair right now, actually! Not at work though...honestly, it''s just comfy to me...but it doesn''t really make your posture all that better. You can definitely still slouch, it''s basically like a stool. Also, I don''t sit at my desk (/ball) for long periods of time.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I don''t see a problem either, just do the waiver thing like you said, hehe. I love exercise balls!
36.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I had to bring mine into work when I was suffering from periformis syndrome and could not sit in a regular chair. In fact, we even bought an exercise ball chair, but that was harder and not as comfortable as just using the plain old ball. It was actually kind of fun and I could burn off some kinetic energy by bouncing at my desk.

As a person who is in charge of safety in my company and hold harmless agreements, I don''t think it''s necessary to get a liability waiver, but if it makes you feel better, there is no harm in asking the employee to sign one.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
I used one at my last job for a few years - loved it! Actually, everyone in my office used one, we loved it. We were all health educators, and taught several classes using them for stretching, core strength, etc. They are fantastic!

Doesn''t do much for posture unless you actively engage your muscles. That said, if you work at it, it can really work wonders for core strength throughout the day!

Don''t think you need a waiver...I mean, she could fall off of a regular chair, too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results