shape
carat
color
clarity

Ex/Ex VS2 w/ Indented Natural?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brenn4423

Shiny_Rock
Hi All. I have a question about indented naturals. The attached GIA cert seems to show an indented natural only on the bottom of the diamond (face down), not on the top (face up). Also, the diamond is still rated VS2 in clarity. Can anyone explain exactly what this means. Does this mean the indented natural is only visiable in the face down possision under a 10x scope??? What would this do in regards to affecting the value of the stone? What about the integrity of the stone? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Brenn

GIA Cert442331.gif

DBM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 4:59:51 PM
Author:brenn4423
Hi All. I have a question about indented naturals. The attached GIA cert seems to show an indented natural only on the bottom of the diamond (face down), not on the top (face up). Also, the diamond is still rated VS2 in clarity. Can anyone explain exactly what this means. Does this mean the indented natural is only visiable in the face down possision under a 10x scope??? What would this do in regards to affecting the value of the stone? What about the integrity of the stone? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Brenn

The entire grading of a VS2 is a relative judgment of the degree of visible inclusions at 10x magnification... generally speaking a VS2 clarity is difficult to spot with the visible eye but certainly an indented natural in that position once set will be virtually impossible for you to see with your naked eye. Nor do i know of it having any unique disadvantage to value or integrity. Enjoy!

brenn4423

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the quick response. I''m glad to hear that it shouldn''t be visible and shouldn''t have much (if any) effect on the value. Thanks again.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Pavilion inclusions are plotted if they''re surface-reaching, even if they can''t be seen. It may not be visible face-up. Looks like a nice diamond.

brenn4423

Shiny_Rock
John, thanks for the comments. I hope its a nice diamond, I bought it from you guys
1.gif

brenn4423

Shiny_Rock
It is being set by Mark Morrell and is suppose to be done at the end of this week. It is being set in a "modified" Flame setting that has been altered to appear more dainty/delicate. So hopefully I will be able to post pictures soon enough.
36.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
My diamond is a VS2 with an indented natural. I have never seen it with my naked eye or with a loupe. I only saw it when I had it appraised and the appraiser showed it to me under a strong microscope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results