shape
carat
color
clarity

Everything is really moving fast-- &hair trial pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
First of all, let me start by saying I had a friend''s bachelorette 2 weekends ago, another last weekend (with a "friend shower" the next morning), my shower today, a wedding next week, my bachelorette the week after, then a wedding the week after that...I might just be wedding-ed out before I get to mine!

Anyway, things are really swinging now! First, my friend did my hair trial on Tuesday. I think it went really well. Took 10-15 minutes! lol Then my fiance and I picked out our wedding bands yesterday (.7 ct 3/4 eternity pand w/a scalloped edge...we pick it up in 4 weeks!). I love it and can''t wait to see it. Scassi in Chicago is a dream to work with. Today was my shower. It''s overwhelming to meet your dad''s cousins you see once every 3-8 years & have to be introuduced and be the center of everything. People kept asking what they should do and I had no idea...never done it before! We had a great brunch & mimosas at an Italian place we really like. It was delicious, with generous family-style servings. My mom & my 2 brothers'' girlfriends spent all day yesterday making cookies for it & my bridesmaids were a well-oiled, gift-opening-assistance machine! My tasting is Wednesday, followed by my final fitting Thursday (assuming I don''t need the "oh shit" fitting built in for 2 weeks later)...Suddenly I''m down to 40 days!

Here are my hair trial pics. What do you think? I forget my fscinator/flower, butit will be in there. ;-) What do you think? I like it in person, but...is it too pulled back?

hair with veil a.JPG

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
From the side...

hair from side a.JPG

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
From the back...

hair from back a.JPG

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow!!!! you are really moving along!!!!! i love the hair!! yes i do think it could be a little looser on top, but it looks great. is your hair naturally curly?

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
It is naturally curly. I didn''t want to hot roll or flat iron or anything...just wanted to be me. :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 11:01:34 PM
Author: cocolaw
oh wow!!!! you are really moving along!!!!! i love the hair!! yes i do think it could be a little looser on top, but it looks great. is your hair naturally curly?

Ditto! You have stunning hair, I am so jealous!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You really do have beautiful hair. I think that it could be a tiny bit looser on top as well.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 12:25:52 AM
Author: honey22

Ditto! You have stunning hair, I am so jealous!!!!

Double ditto, so envious of your hair

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Add me to the hair envy line. I think it looks great, I''m not sure you could make it much looser on top with out adding height because of the texture.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I must admit I''m a bit jealous of the beautiful (natural) curls too. I think it looks nice as is.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Looks great!!!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Your hair looks amazing, add me to the list of jealous people!

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
Your hair looks AMAZING! I''m so excited to see another curly hair girl on here.
36.gif

I get so frustrated looking at the endless hairstlye ideas for straight hair. I, like you, do not want to flat iron or blow out my hair for my wedding. I''m adding your hair trial to my inspiration pics! Gorgeous!!!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 11:09:01 PM
Author: blackbetty
It is naturally curly. I didn't want to hot roll or flat iron or anything...just wanted to be me. :)
Love that! The one thing SO said about my future wedding look was that he wanted my hair natural - I have very curly hair too!

I love the side and back views but I would want the front a bit looser so you can see the curliness there too. You're going to be a beautiful bride!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have to agree! Looks great...just a little looser on top and it will be perfect. You have lovely hair...color as
well as texture!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Your hair is lovely! I always love to see a fellow curly haired girl rockin her natural curls. Would you mind if I borrowed a pic of yours as an inspiration for my hair trial (still many months away, but that''s totally what I want my hair to look like!) Thanks!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Awesome hairstyle, blackbetty!! Man, you make me sooo jealous! I have straight hair and I usually try to have curls for special occasions! I love the hairdo!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are busy! Sounds like with lots of fun stuff, though, which is great!

And your hair is incredibly gorgeous! I love it, it looks so lovely.
30.gif

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone!

And Stephbolt, for sure! We curly girls should rock what we got!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this! Your curls are absolutely gorgeous!! I''m so jealous, mine are weird wavy-in-between-curls! I don''t think it''s too tightly pulled back, but it depends on what look you''re going for. It''ll probably loosen up a bit as the day goes on, so that''s something to remember!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
The only thing that jumped at me--as a stylist--are the fly aways. You can be natural, but it still should be really polished. Fly aways are a pitfall of natural curls...we know that...but ask your stylist to make sure they are smoothed down...even if she has to wash and defuse you with product on the day of.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results