shape
carat
color
clarity

ever heard of a convection oven/microwave??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I am on the market for a new microwave bc our less than 1 yr old Panasonic shorted on me....wish totally agravates me being that is was like 150 bucks. unfortunately, since we don ''t still have our receipt the store won''t do anything about it...so
I am shopping at a different store and incidently, I saw one that is both a convection oven and microwave.. anyone have one of these? the one here is under $200 bucks bc it is onsale right now.

I have never used a convection oven but thought since this is basicallly the same price it may be worth a try....
any thoughts??

here is the link to the one I may get http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396672148&bmUID=1170792790302&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443291786&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true

it is from a store called Canadian Tire, here in Canada (duh
emteeth.gif
)....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sophie, I''ve had a few of these now and I find that I only ever use them for microwaving and end up using the regular oven for baking anything anyway. If you find a microwave that you like and it''s cheaper I''d ixnay the combo and just get the micro. (Just my 2 cents.)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
have heard of them and will probably go that way myself. i use my little 20 year old toaster oven quite a bit and as long as a convection/microwave oven will do the job of a toaster oven, i''m all for it. i really don''t like to turn on my regular oven unless i''m cooking something large.

movie zombie

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one and forget the little oven is there most of the time, but on the odd occasion I have used it, no probs.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
We have a KitchenAid brand microwave/convection oven. It is nice around the holidays to give you extra cooking space and my hubby uses it to brown pot pies and things. We like it and would recommend it.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks guys....
well, we were desperate and I am still not sure aboutt the convection aspect so I just bought a regular old micro this time. Maybe by the next time I buy, I am want one!!

thanks for the feedback ladies, as always, I know I can come here for answers!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have one that I hardly ever use. I guess if I learned how to use it right, I might like it.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
my MIL has one and it comes in handy...we used to make everything done on time just for the superbowl. it comes in handy to cook pies and turkey at the same time on thanksgiving!

i think they are nice, not necessary, but nice to have!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one and I love it. I don''t really use it as a plain convection oven though, I use it in combo mode which means it cycles between microwave and convection. The food can''t be beat and it is so fast!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 6:03:06 PM
Author: Catmom
I have one and I love it. I don''t really use it as a plain convection oven though, I use it in combo mode which means it cycles between microwave and convection. The food can''t be beat and it is so fast!

which one do you have?

movie zombie

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2007 11:36:07 PM
Author: movie zombie

Date: 2/7/2007 6:03:06 PM
Author: Catmom

which one do you have?

movie zombie
Mine is a Maytag Over The Range Combination Oven [MMV6178AA]. It''s a microwave, convection, combo and range hood. It also broils but I''ve never used it for that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results