shape
carat
color
clarity

Ever had to repair shared prong rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I see a lot of people with shared prong wedding sets on PS, and I rarely hear of people having diamonds rub against each other or against another ring. Nor have I ever heard of anyone losing a stone.

I have a SP 7 stone shared prong band that i recently sent back to be tightened because the stones were loose, and I was afraid I''d lose one. They were spinning and rattling. Am I just too rough with my rings? I''m one of those people who wear their rings at the gym, doing yard/house chores, and swimming etc. I also wash my rings in jewelry solution, scrubbing them with the small bristled brush every day. Maybe scrubbing too hard is the culprit?

Anyone else have this happen?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom,

I honestly don't think shared prong rings are designed to handle that much wear and tear. rings like mara's are more secure and can take a beating but the less metal the less secure. I highly doubt your cleaning treatment caused it, my guess it's the yardwork. are the whitegold or plat? Chorline is horrilbe for gold and whitegold. There has been a couple of people here to report loosing a stone out of a shared prong ring. regular checkups will help make sure all the stones are nice and tight.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 6:58:04 PM
Author: mrssalvo
jaysonsmom,

I honestly don''t think shared prong rings are designed to handle that much wear and tear. rings like mara''s are more secure and can take a beating but the less metal the less secure. I highly doubt your cleaning treatment caused it, my guess it''s the yardwork. are the whitegold or plat? Chorline is horrilbe for gold and whitegold. There has been a couple of people here to report loosing a stone out of a shared prong ring. regular checkups will help make sure all the stones are nice and tight.
My SP ring is platinum, and I''m actually surprised that I don''t hear about more shared prong woes. Mine''s not even an eternity....but it is the Raphael setting, which has less metal and exposes more of the diamonds. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I was going to buy the matching e-ring setting, but now I''m hesitant.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well you should be ok with the pool since it''s platinum. I think a lot of the eternity band owners around here don''t wear them 24/7. there was a thread a while back about when pricescopers wear their rings and many said they never wear them at home, while cooking, doing yardwork, working out etc. I don''t think that style is designed to handle that much banging around. The matching e-ring may not be a good idea since you''re hard on your rings.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I have a seven stone shared prong of 7 pointers that I did have to get retightened and retipped. Mine is platinum too. I don''t think I''m that rough on my rings.
emembarrassed.gif

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
I have shared prong eternity bands and yes, occasionally, they need a tightening on a stone or two. I am very careful with my jewelry--no household chores with rings on, etc. I love the shared prong look so it''s worth it for me to do a spot check every few months. IMO, it''s not a big deal (maybe also because I deal locally with the same jeweler who made the rings so maintenance and upkeep is never an issue).
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results