shape
carat
color
clarity

Ever had Acupuncture/Moxibustion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!
I recently had my first acupuncture appoint to treat infertility. During the session I had what is called Moxibustion. This scared the cr*p out of me. I’m afraid of fire, and I didn’t know that there was any kind of smoke/lighting etc during all of this.
Does anyone know anything about it? If it works, I can deal with it I guess – but if the object is to relax, while there are flaming needle sticking out of my body, I don’t quite think the methods is going to work for me…

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Treysar,

I''ve had acupuncture but never with flaming needles! If you''re not comfortable with it, then I''d tell the acupuncturist that. This is a voluntary thing, and you shouldn''t have to endure anthing you don''t want to. I didn''t get acu for infertility, but I have friends that have used it to get pregnant (well, to help get pregnant
2.gif
), and I never heard one of them mention fire or moxibustion.

As for acupuncture itself -- I love it. I find it *very* relaxing and enjoyable, but you definitely need to be able to get into the zone, and if you''re scared and uncomfortable the whole time, then I don''t think you''ll achieve the results you want.

I''m no expert though -- just my opinion!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
My future MIL has had a lot of great experiences with acupuncture... but I''ve never heard of Moxibustion! Sounds scary... maybe do some more research on it to find out if it''s really what you want? As for acupuncture for infertility, I''ve heard a lot of success stories... I think it would be one of the first things I''d try if we ever needed to. Good luck to you!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had it including cupping with the glass bowls. The heat thing is really no big deal, it warms the needle, but it is like a thick substance on top of the needle and is not going to cause a fire. It brings heat into the area being treated. But I am not sure about the use of this for infertility treatment. Not to say it would not be good for it, just never heard of it.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 10:21:36 PM
Author: diamondfan
I have had it including cupping with the glass bowls. The heat thing is really no big deal, it warms the needle, but it is like a thick substance on top of the needle and is not going to cause a fire. It brings heat into the area being treated. But I am not sure about the use of this for infertility treatment. Not to say it would not be good for it, just never heard of it.
I have used accuppuncture a lot in fact my accupunturist has become a close friend. Moxa sticks are very safe if used with care by your practioner. Just as Diamondfan said they bring heat to the area and can certianly help with muscle tightness and spasm. Their use in infertilty I''m not sure of but I gather again it is to enhance the affect.
Once my son had broken his arm and when the cast came off my son had a lot of muscle stiffness. My friend gave me a moxa stick to use at home after one of her treatments but warned me to be careful. I had my son on my lap and got distracted by my daughter and BURNT HIM. It was like i had stubbed a cigarette out on his arm. I felt so bad 10 years later he still has a scar and brings it up from time to time
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results