shape
carat
color
clarity

Eureka! A Las Vegas Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
So after alot of screaming and yelling around our house and people stressing me out, I think my Fi and I have decided that the best wedding to compromise for everyone would be a Las Vegas destination wedding. Since about 50 relatives live in LA, SD, and LV, it would make it easier, and my friends are up to going to LV...I think this might be the best choice. I''m not super thrilled with it, however, if I can find a nice location that would be great! We already have to rule out Bellagio since the BFF already got married there last year. Any suggestions on places? Also, we''re thinking of having a buffet for the reception...then people can eat whatever they want and how much they want. I think it might be the only option at this point.

Any suggestions on places to hold the ceremony? No elvis for me. A nice outdoor wedding would be great.

Thanks!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely vote for Elvis. ;-)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was married at the Bellagio, and it was the most stress free, wonderful wedding.

However, I really wanted to do it at the Rose Garden at the Wynn. I''ll be following your posts now that I know you''re having a Vegas wedding.
2.gif

Otherwise, there is a gorgeous wedding site on the west side of town . . . I can not remember the name of it but it had "Garden" in the name and was out near Summerlin. Gorgeous view of Red Rock and a couple of golf courses.

I lived in Vegas for 25 years, so this is going to kill me until I can remember the name of it.
6.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Snuggles, I remember a couple years ago, the Food Network did a Las Vegas wedding as their yearly special, and it was really quite lovely. I think they were at Lake Las Vegas, but I'm not sure (and I've never been to LV so I'm really clueless). I tried googling it and searching on the FN website, but I can't really find anything about it...but you might have better luck than I did! I'm annoyed, I remember watching the series of shows so clearly but I can't find anything now
15.gif

ETA: just googled Lake Las Vegas and realized it's a resort with the Ritz and the Hyatt Regency, so it might be pricey. But it definitely looks pretty!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

julabean

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting married in Las Vegas next Saturday...we picked Paris because we have always had a wonderful time there and it fit our budget. We would have loved the Bellagio, but just couldn''t swing it. We also checked out Mandalay Bay, whose chapel I like just a little bit more, but the service wasn''t as good. Our wedding coordinator at Paris has made wedding planning a breeze for me!

There is a book we got that talks about all kinds of Vegas ceremonies - from the cheapest to the most cliche to the most glamorous. Here''s a link to it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Neon-Nuptials-Complete-Guide-Weddings/dp/0929712803/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206934104&sr=8-1

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Look into The Four Seasons. I love it there, and if I remember correctly, PS member Mrsflutter got married there a few yrs ago.....Good luck!
36.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
My cousin had considered the Ritz at Lake Las Vegas. She said it was a gorgeous resort not that far from the strip but still secluded an serene.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2008 11:21:28 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Also, check out the JW Marriott - they have an amazing outdoor area.

http://www.jwlasvegasresort.com/
I second this. I have been to many areas of Vegas and stayed a lot of places and in my mind this is hand''s down the nicest. The outdoor area is beautiful as are many of the indoor areas. The rooms are all lovely too and they all have whirlpool tubs. I like that it is off the strip. Plus, if you have a lot of family in the area driving between the marriott and the strip is no big deal.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I second the Wynn. I think it''s the most beautiful and well maintained hotel on the strip.

Wynn Weddings

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
My cousin just got married last month at The Ritz. It''s about 2-3 miles off the strip, I think. It was really lovely place. The ceremony ended up being held indoors due to weather but was beautiful inside. The reception was really fun too. I was feeling really awful on her wedding day but I remember the food tasting really good for a buffet wedding. Umm what else...I think she had about 70 friends and relatives.

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
Awesome! Thank you all for the resources and suggestions. I will look into them carefully...and am even thinking of a trip to vegas next month to check them out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results