Etsy seller CandyBlady

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone buy from her at all? Is she a PSer by chance? TIA :wavey:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if CandyBlady is a PSer, but FWIW many of the same items in the CandyBlady etsy store are also listed on DiamondBistro under the name "rlaboy51"

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mary. They are in fact one in the same.

I am just curious if anyone has had experience buying from her and specifically returning an item. I bought something recently (arrived early last week) via her Etsy site. When I was buying, her message replies were literally almost immediate and the item shipped that same day. I have sent her 4 messages since receiving the item (the first was within 24 hours of receiving it), as I wish to return it (color not accurate and there was undisclosed damage to the item), and to date I have received no response. She has a return policy if buyer contacts her within 3 days, which I did ... a couple times.

I don't want to be too quick to jump on the "contact etsy" train, as I realize some sellers are small, may have personal matters come up, etc. so I want to be understanding in that regard. But at the same time, I would appreciate at least an acknowledgement of my message requesting return instructions, mailing address, etc. I have seen new items posted since I have messaged her, so I know she has been active on the site.

How long would you all wait to contact Etsy, in this case? It wasn't a huge amount of money, but nonetheless, I would like to get it back to her and receive my refund at some point.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you pay via PayPal?

It sounds like the 3-day period has already expired, and you've already emailed her several times well within that period without response. If that is the case, I'd open a PayPal dispute now.

If you paid by credit card, I'd maybe give her until Tuesday to respond, and then contact the credit card to dispute the transaction.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No on PP; I just went through etsy check out, and I used my debit card vs a credit card.

I will give it a couple more days. I also sent her a message via DB in case there is an issue with Etsy messaging, to cover all bases.

Thank you!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1457832737|4004190 said:
Thanks Mary. They are in fact one in the same.

I am just curious if anyone has had experience buying from her and specifically returning an item. I bought something recently (arrived early last week) via her Etsy site. When I was buying, her message replies were literally almost immediate and the item shipped that same day. I have sent her 4 messages since receiving the item (the first was within 24 hours of receiving it), as I wish to return it (color not accurate and there was undisclosed damage to the item), and to date I have received no response. She has a return policy if buyer contacts her within 3 days, which I did ... a couple times.

I don't want to be too quick to jump on the "contact etsy" train, as I realize some sellers are small, may have personal matters come up, etc. so I want to be understanding in that regard. But at the same time, I would appreciate at least an acknowledgement of my message requesting return instructions, mailing address, etc. I have seen new items posted since I have messaged her, so I know she has been active on the site.

How long would you all wait to contact Etsy, in this case? It wasn't a huge amount of money, but nonetheless, I would like to get it back to her and receive my refund at some point.

If a seller was previously very responsive, then I'd contact Etsy within that 3-day return window (probably on the 2nd day of no response).

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MH. To be fair, this was the first time I had dealt with this particular seller. I just want to make the distinction that I hadn't bought from her in the past, and also then had good/fast communication; it was only the one day early last week when I contacted her about the item, and bought it that same day. And since she had pretty good feedback reviews on Etsy, I wasn't overly concerned at the time.

And in reading my message history on etsy just now, I actually did contact her the same day, the next evening, again last night, and tonight via DB. So, if come Monday, there is still no response, then I guess I will contact etsy and my bank, as I believe they apply similar "protections" for debit card purchases as they do for CCs.

I just wanted to gauge if I was being reasonable in my expectations for a response, or if I should wait until a full week has passed. I know Etsy will be able to see the messages I sent in the noted timeframe, so I'm not concerned so much with there being a question about that.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still have not received a response from the seller, so I opened the case with Etsy this morning. :((

I'll circle back with an update, if for no other reason than awareness of how the seller handles things like this, should someone else be eyeing a piece she's offering either on Etsy or DB.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She also is a seller on eBay, where she offers free shipping & has a 14-day return, money back policy:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/candyblady

Hope this is all resolved quickly for you, Jenn!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ Very strange that the vendor stopped responding to any of your emails once you've received the item.

Yesterday afternoon I did notice the vendor's "rlaboy51" persona added a new DiamondBistro listing so clearly the vendor has access to the Internet; and since you sent multiple emails via more than one channel it is extremely unlikely none of them got through to vendor's email in-box.

Hopefully the situation will be resolved very soon.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Molly. See, her reviews there are all really good also, as is her feedback on Etsy. That's why I'm so baffled as to why I haven't received a response from her AT ALL to my multiple messages. I was initially worried that perhaps she was experiencing some sort of personal issue (e.g., a family emergency or something). But then I noted she'd listed new items on her Etsy page since I'd sent her the messages, so ... just not sure what to make of it. :confused:

I just hope to resolve the matter quickly. If it was a minor issue with the item that I purchased, and it was just a couple bucks, I wouldn't sweat it. But it was a little over $400, the item is not as described, and it has undisclosed damage that would cost about 20% of the item cost to have it fixed. Had it just been a slight difference of description, I may be able to live with it, but it's not. :(sad

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, in looking at that ebay seller, I don't think it's the same person. The DB & Etsy seller is from New York (as was my package when shipped). The ebay seller appears to be in Florida.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1457967490|4005064 said:
Actually, in looking at that ebay seller, I don't think it's the same person. The DB & Etsy seller is from New York (as was my package when shipped). The ebay seller appears to be in Florida.
I admittedly didn't take the time to check to confirm that there are pieces cross-listed on both the eBay and the etsy shops, or Diamond Bistro. Since candyblady is an odd name for someone else to come up with as their eBay handle & the merchandise of both candybladys is estate jewelry, I was thinking she's someone who either spends time in both NY and Florida or hasn't updated the geographical locale
in her eBay account.

Hope you hear from her today!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1457969193|4005078 said:
JoCoJenn|1457967490|4005064 said:
I admittedly didn't take the time to check to confirm that there are pieces cross-listed on both the eBay and the etsy shops, or Diamond Bistro. Since candyblady is an odd name for someone else to come up with as their eBay handle & the merchandise of both candybladys is estate jewelry, I was thinking she's someone who either spends time in both NY and Florida or hasn't updated the geographical locale
in her eBay account.

Hope you hear from her today!

Oh, that's a good point. I guess anything is possible at this point. I hope resolving this return is in the same realm of possibility. :)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still no 'real' update, except that the case with Etsy has been opened for two days now, and still not a word/reply/comment from the seller - not in the case comments, not in reply to any messages, nothing.

If this had been a case where it was one random/unknown seller on DB or LT, and I never heard from them it might make more sense. But someone who has a business on Etsy, tons of great reviews, etc. .... I don't know, something just feels off about this to me. I hope there isn't something wrong or something happened to the seller. :(

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That all sounds strange given there has been recent activity on the account and previously responsive seller has good reviews.

Is there a timeframe within which the Etsy seller has to respond to Etsy inquiry/ open case?

I hope it all works out for you soon.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 'case' window states: "If your case hasn't been resolved by March 22, 2016, you can escalate it to Trust and Safety for review." So I guess, if she doesn't respond by then, I'll have to escalate it above just 'opening a case'.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the seller responds favorably before the 22nd so the situation doesn't unnecessarily drag on.

Sending positive resolution dust your way.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MP. I'm hoping so as well. It's a pretty straight forward 'return request' given the discrepancies with the item vs. what was listed as well as what was not disclosed. I uploaded pictures to the case to demonstrate the issues as well, so ... we'll see.

I'll be sure to circle back with an update when there is something noteworthy to share. I figured opening the claim itself would be enough to get the seller's attention to the matter, which is why I get the sense there must be something else going on. :(

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I just sent a msg through her etsy store. She replied right away and I sent her the link to ps. I hope she takes care of the issue. I have been eyeing one of her bands and will not purchase if this is not resolved.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a message from her this evening on Etsy. And I feel terrible because what I was kind of worried might be the case, kind of appears to be the case. Her mother passed away, and she has been out of town/state managing arrangements and things. She apologized and has said she will issue me a refund on the item upon receipt; it's going back tomorrow to her now that I have instructions for mailing, and she offered to cover return shipping, though that isn't really necessary.

She noted a friend was minding her store in her absence, but didn't want to burden her - the seller - (understandably) with the matter. I just wish her friend had responded to one of my messages so I knew what was going on, and could have waited until she was back vs opening up a case on it. :((

I will be sure to (again) circle back to close the loop so to speak once it's all fully resolved. But having had a response now, I am not worried.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(never mind)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all. Sorry for the delay in updating; have had my own personal emergency going on the last several days.

I did receive a full refund from the seller upon receipt of the returned item. :wavey:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update, JoCoJenn. Glad to hear everything turned out well with your transaction. I hope all worked out well with your recent personal emergency, too.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1458834375|4010391 said:
Thanks for the update, JoCoJenn. Glad to hear everything turned out well with your transaction. I hope all worked out well with your recent personal emergency, too.

Thanks. My DD is experiencing some odd neurological symptoms that had us in the ER, then her doctors office, and hopefully her neuro this week. Doesn't appear to be life threatening per all the ER tests, catscans, bloodwork, etc, but something is up, so hoping her neuro has some answers. But it was pretty scary the first couple days, and still to some degree not knowing what is causing it. :pray:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results