shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Ring Dilemma

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
First time poster, but I’ve been a lurker for almost a year! Im learning so much, but still feel pretty new... We upgraded my wedding set for our 25th anniversary and I’m still looking for a wedding band to wear with my ring. I had a custom 1/2 eternity with 8pointers made but found the spinning drives me crazy. I don’t want to see half diamonds and half metal! I am looking to have a small eternity ring made to wear with my 2 carat cushion solitaire. This will be my first eternity ring. I tried on the Tiffany Embrace full eternity which was about .80 carat but I don’t like the Tiffany price tag... I’ve reached out to David Klass for a quote. Ive also got my eye on the Brian Gavin Dream eternity. The price difference between the 2 is about $800. Any words of wisdom? I love the simplicity of a solitaire with eternity ring and I want to make the best decision! I will attach a photo of my ring. I am a size 4.25+
9F3D429A-EF5E-4175-8F71-A33D06E2C0FD.jpeg

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on 25 years and your upgrade! ID Jewelry in NYC can custom make a band inspired by the Tiffany Embrace at a very reasonable price. And if you really want it to really sparkle, requested upgraded diamonds of "Pricescope Quality". My 7 stone band (.12ct each/.84ctw) was made by ID Jewelry based on the Embrace, but made lower (no airline) for less contact with my e-ring prongs (I still usually stack with a thinner band in between) and with slightly pinched prongs. It is the bottom band in my avatar. GL!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Ive emailed idjewelry. My other concern is making sure the prongs are very smooth for comfort. Do you find your band to be scratchy when it twists??

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Ive emailed idjewelry. My other concern is making sure the prongs are very smooth for comfort. Do you find your band to be scratchy when it twists??

I sized up and added sizing beads so my ring actually doesn't spin much, but the prongs are quite comfortable. My local jeweler even complimented the prong work. If you let IDJ know you are concerned about feeling the prongs, I'm sure they will take that into consideration and make them as smooth as possible. IDJ is very easy to work with and accommodating.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I'm very happy with my Brian Gavin dream eternity, if that helps!

That’s great to hear! Thank you! That’s certainly a contender. Also looking at HPD... can’t wait to get this started!!

Cunhaam

Rough_Rock
I sized up and added sizing beads so my ring actually doesn't spin much, but the prongs are quite comfortable. My local jeweler even complimented the prong work. If you let IDJ know you are concerned about feeling the prongs, I'm sure they will take that into consideration and make them as smooth as possible. IDJ is very easy to work with and accommodating.

How many sizes did you go up? I bought a Tiffany Novo band this December, size 6 (I'm a size 5) and the SA said I could add the sizing beads. I sized up because if my weight ever fluctuates it will still fit. I didn't add the beads yet as I'm afraid that it will be uncomfortable.? I'm new here and have been looking at Brian Gavin 3/4 eternity bands. That will solve the re-sizing issue down the road if necessary and the price is more attractive... But I do love the Tiffany one that I bought... Plus there were only two left in the US...

Last edited:

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
I am getting the Dream 3/4! It should be here by 2/11 at the latest so I will report back with whatever feedback I have! We have the same size fingers and my center diamond is a 1.6 with a dainty halo, so it’s possible our proportions / finger coverage will be comparable!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How many sizes did you go up? I bought a Tiffany Novo band this December, size 6 (I'm a size 5) and the SA said I could add the sizing beads. I sized up because if my weight ever fluctuates it will still fit. I didn't add the beads yet as I'm afraid that it will be uncomfortable.? I'm new here and have been looking at Brian Gavin 3/4 eternity bands. That will solve the re-sizing issue down the road if necessary and the price is more attractive... But I do love the Tiffany one that I bought... Plus there were only two left in the US...

My size is 5.5-5.75 and IDJ recommend sizing up to 6.25 with the sizing beads. But I think it depends on the size of the beads, width of the shank, etc. I don't find the beads to be uncomfortable at all (thought they do add a bit of bulk to the underside of the ring) and they really help in preventing spinning. FWIW, I find Tiffany sizing to run small. Their size 6 definitely fits smaller than any other size 6 rings I have or have tried.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results