shape
carat
color
clarity

Essential oils recommendations?

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I've never used oils before, but want to as I'd like to try make various things. I tried to google what the best brand is, but it's a bit overwhelming. I thought I'd come here and get others opinions and feedback from those with experience.

2 that I've heard of are Young Living and Doterra and NOW brand.

Anyone have recs?

I'm looking to make my own hand soap/cleaning supplies, and use for well being.

TIA

Q

Queenie60

I purchased some essential oils from Whole Foods a while back. Or you can try a Natural Food shop

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Great I'll check out WF. :)

Anyone familiar with Young Living or DoTerra?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend sells young living and her friend sells doterra. She prefers young living.

When searching brands, I found native American nutritionals which is now merged with rocky mountain oils. I've ordered from them and really like their skin care and baby skin blended oils. My young living friend says the prices are better from what she saw on the NAN/rocky mountain website.

A few months ago I bought from Amazon a few EOs of the Majestic Pure brand because they had thousands of reciewes, 5 stars, and were mad cheap. I've tried lavender, geranium, and bergamot EOs. I usually slather on a few drops after I cover myself with almond oil or coconut oil (fractionated - but only from neck down for frac coconut oil).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is that I have looked into them and would avoid the ones sold by multi-level marketing, because I find it extremely annoying to be recruited to sell a product just because I want to use it. Those products are often overpriced, too. I do remember reading that the NAN ones that PintoBean recommended were good.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I am just getting into essential oils, I have some Kis essential oils my Mom got me for Christmas and they are ok, but I hate the container, super messy. I have a NOW oil and like the container and have read that they are not bad oils. One name that keeps coming up and highly recommended is the NAN oils. I just ordered a skin care and sleep blend this weekend and am looking forward to trying them.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I use DoTerra and have loved all of them. I purchased the family physician kid to start with.

Does anyone know of a Deep Blue equivalent that can be purchased directly (not a multilevel marketing brand) that's as pure as DoTerra/Young Living?

Thanks!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewShiny said:
I use DoTerra and have loved all of them. I purchased the family physician kid to start with.

Does anyone know of a Deep Blue equivalent that can be purchased directly (not a multilevel marketing brand) that's as pure as DoTerra/Young Living?

Thanks!

Native American Nutritionals (NAN)/Rocky Mountain Oils have a comparison chart
https://www.rockymountainoils.com/compare-blends/
NAN/RMO's version is called "Relieve Me"

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1456138624|3993915 said:
I am just getting into essential oils, I have some Kis essential oils my Mom got me for Christmas and they are ok, but I hate the container, super messy. I have a NOW oil and like the container and have read that they are not bad oils. One name that keeps coming up and highly recommended is the NAN oils. I just ordered a skin care and sleep blend this weekend and am looking forward to trying them.
I love how skin care smells :love: When they were out of skin care blend for a while, I bought the baby skin blend, which smells like baby lotion, but cleaner and more grown up. :dance:

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I will check them out.

PintoBean|1456172319|3994083 said:
NewShiny said:

Thanks!

Native American Nutritionals (NAN)/Rocky Mountain Oils have a comparison chart
https://www.rockymountainoils.com/compare-blends/
NAN/RMO's version is called "Relieve Me"

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: I have an essential oil recommendation. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

For my hybrid to get the best MPG Mobil1 0W-30 is an essential oil.

screen_shot_2016-02-22_at_12.png

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Funny, I was just looking into these today. My pregnancy immune system has resulted in me being sick for the past 6 weeks or so. Cold after cold. I'm willing to try just about anything. I did an online chat with the Rocky Mountain store, but they weren't willing to say what (if anything) was pregnancy safe.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1456185736|3994182 said:
Funny, I was just looking into these today. My pregnancy immune system has resulted in me being sick for the past 6 weeks or so. Cold after cold. I'm willing to try just about anything. I did an online chat with the Rocky Mountain store, but they weren't willing to say what (if anything) was pregnancy safe.

My friend that sells young living swears by tea with ginger lemon and honey. :bigsmile:
She also likes to rub a few drops of thieves on the soles of her feet when she feels under the weather. I don't know if the blend is approved for pregnant women though...

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1456185736|3994182 said:

While consuming oils is something I do, they need to be heavily diluted and done and a rare basis-not on a regular basis. the long term side affects of improper consumption can be bad-as is anything but oils are highly contracted and very powerful. That being said I did/do use them to make teas-they must be put in honey or another similar medium, you can't just drop the oil right into the water otherwise it floats on top and can cause irritation and is highly potent. I personally use young living-but will be placing my next order though NAN or rockey mountain. While pregnant I took lemon oil (place one tablespoon of honey or whatever your taste is in your tea cup) and drop ONE drop onto the honey. Heat water, boil but then let slightly cool-and pour into the glass. While sick pregnant and just after I used young livings thieves oil-a blend of clove, cinn. and a few others-there is a NAN brand as well. I do not recommend consuming anything but young living-possibly NAN-bc many other brands have fillers that are unknown and can be dangerous. YL grows everything and processes it too-if they don't they have a very tight over sight.

I realize lots of people don't believe in them but they have made a HUGE impact on my families health and wellness. To give you an example: Lemon is known to improve circulation and help with your circulatory system. During my 1st pregnancy I had to wear thigh high compression stockings, prescription, from 24 weeks on for my veins. It was awful since I was pregnant during the summer :(
With #2 it started right around the same time but the feeling was worse-but I had just gotten started with my oils. I began drinking 1 full water bottle with lemon (at the time I didn't know I should add honey to it, so I just added one drop of lemon oil) and it stopped it right in its tracks. No compression stockings needed-my midwive was impressed and so was I!

As far as illness goes-we diffuse thieves and oregano and it's prevented my son from getting the flu-sped up heeling (we also use it topically I DO NOT have my kids take it orally) and stress away blend has helped wit head aches and other things, besides they smell good and are a lot better for you than the synthetic chemical versions that many things are petro based.

You can use it for skin issues, to help detox, and a ton of other things like depression, anxiety and even fibro it majorly helped my aunt and many other people. Everything needs to be done in moderation and with wisdom and caution-there are blends that are NOT safe for babies and certain things that are not safe for pregnant women. Just a simple search will bring those up though. I use them for cleaning in my house and now have zero chemicals in my house too.

My niece was burned at a restaurant with hot gravy and I put olive oil and lavender (natures natural defence against burns, tons of research to support this) and the area that I missed (it went up her sleeve) blistered but the area that I put the lavender on right away-didn't and healed up faster with just the one application than the part that I missed. Best results when sick is around every couple of hours or even more frequent-on your feet and temples and I use peppermint with coconut oil instead of vics on the chest for congestion.

EO have been a life safer for my family. I won't ever go back to over the counter stuff-they always are having recalls of some form or another-they did recently with some sort of kids Advil or something like that. Pass! No nasty side affects (garlic oil is AMAZING for ear aches, no more antibiotics for those) besides killing all the 'bad' bacteria they also kill the good and good gut flora is key to a healthy immune system.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
VL, what kinds of oils do you use for cleaning? I had become interested in them a while back but the only people around here who use them, are into the YL ones, and I got tired of being invited to parties etc so I never did anything w/them or looked further into it to find out there are others available.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can use a lot but I use my young living thieves. I don't recommend spending the price on YL unless you decide to get a wholesale account, the mark up due to the pay out they pay their memebers is insane. An example: I paid 350$ when I got my kit + extras and I signed up under my gf and she got like 150$ check. I only signed up bc I plan on using more, not to sign people up under me. If your going to do anything with them check out rocky mountain or NAN oils as talked about above, they have a blend that is similar to thieves (they used it during the plague to rob bodies actually, the spice merchants) and you add a few drops to water and alcohol and fill with water and just spray things down. You can also skip the oils and clean everything with a mix of vinegar and water but the oils smell nicer and work just as well. You can also use citrus oils-but their shelf live is shorter. Lemon, orange, grapefruit, etc.

This is the NAN brand blend like thieves
http://www.nativeamericannutritionals.com/immune-strength.htm

Same thing but they merged with NAN
http://www.rockymountainoils.com/immune-strength.html

If you google thieves oil cleaning blend it'll pull up quite a few recipes-but YL also sells their own mix of thieves cleaner. Not necessary to buy it but if you do join some monthly reoccurring thing you get 'points' towards 'free' stuff. I don't worry about any of that though, I buy what I want when I need it and that's that. I have yet to try NAN/RMO but from my extensive research I will be trying them out just for cost savings/volume that you get. For example: 15ml of thieves wholesale is around 38$ or so-while the 'immune strength' is 26$ for the same amount. Granted I need to factor in my crappy CND conversion to see if its really worth while but from my searching I still get more volume/better value by skipping YL and using them. But since I only have used YL that is what I recommend at this time, but from all the reviews NAN/RMO is just as good.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Just bought NOW brand EO, lemon and lavender/tea tee. I plan to make my own foaming hand soap and trying to make my own multi purpose cleaner with the lemon.

Anyone have a combo they like over another?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1456172399|3994085 said:
lknvrb4|1456138624|3993915 said:
I love how skin care smells :love: When they were out of skin care blend for a while, I bought the baby skin blend, which smells like baby lotion, but cleaner and more grown up. :dance:
Sigh...looks like they reformulated baby skin...I was looking forward to the old blend's scent, but if it's still as effective, I will get over it...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results