shape
carat
color
clarity

Erroeous Ebay/Paypal Transaction

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I''m trying to buy a book from Ebay to give my FI for Christmas and I''m about to jump out a window over it. I won the book and when I was trying to pay for it on paypal I had to update the shipping address. So I selected the address I wanted to send it to and before I could choose my payment method, the screen auto refreshed and completed the transaction! Of course the account selected is an old account with a very low available balance so the payment is going to bounce. So I tried to do another transaction with the correct bank information and it did it again! Now I''m sure this must be a pretty regular issue, but how do I go about correcting the problem? I can deposit money into the account, but it was an instant transfer from a bank account, not a CC or debit transaction that I can stop payment on. I''m going to run to the bank and deposit the money now, but now I have 3 erroneous transactions and no correct one. Do any of you sellers/buyers know what happens when payments are made from bad accounts??

HELP!!!

I just ran out and deposited more than enough in that account to cover the transaction. I just hope the seller refunds the extra $40 I paid him!

What a pain in the butt. Something similar happened to me. I was trying to pay with my credit card and it automatically reverts back to your bank account each time and I was going too fast and I didn''t change it. I was lucky I had the $$ in my account to cover it and I was also completely exposed if the item and the seller were bad. Luckily, it turned out ok. I hate ebay. I know they only reason they do that is because they don''t want you to be protected by your credit card so they encourage you NOT to use it. Makes me so mad. I hope the seller refunds your money.

This is very annoying and it is a new thing for them. You used to be able to set the defaul to your credit card, but now they default it to your bank account and you have to manually change it and it is easy to forget it and mess up. I think it is just their way of trying to make more money for themselves. It''s highly annoying.

I think you can contact paypal and get the money refunded. I''m not sure how though, but I would contact them! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP