shape
carat
color
clarity

Equestrienne''s colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I haven''t been posting very often due to the end of the school year and moving apartments, but I have been lurking here and there. Just wanted to know what colors you ladies think would look nice for a late July wedding next year. There is a wedding three weeks before ours using hot pink and tangerine, so those are out, and while I like the pale green/sage colors, every spring or summer wedding I have been to recently has used them.

I was thinking maybe this combo? Below is a picture of a satin swatch and a page from the current BH&G Weddings issue.The swatch is David''s Bridal Peri, and I want to put my girls in this. I have five BMs: one tall and fair and broad-shouldered blonde MOH, one fair and average figure blonde, one darker complected average figure brunette, one fair and slim but curvy redhead (and by redhead I mean BRIGHT RED and freckled), and my junior BM is a fair and petite blonde. I think this color will work well on all of them, and whether we do David''s dresses or not, I''d like them to all be in tea-length. Tea length dresses would be more wearable later and undoubtedly cooler if we just happen to have a scorching hot day for the wedding. To make them cooler, they could also be georgette instead of satin.

The flowers pictured are a mixture of roses, orchids, tulips, freesia, and lillies-of-the-valley. Since blue and orange are complementary, I like the peachy-oranges in here with the peri color. I''d probably go with the exact mix pictured or flowers in colors similar to these for my girls'' bouquets. I was thinking of white or peri ribbon on the stems.

Any thoughts?

DSC02640.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I think we''re date twins, right? 7/28? I think that peri would be great with all your BM''s complexions and hair, and definitely a georgette or even chiffon would be a good fabric choice. That mix of flowers is really pretty too, and the colors are very summery.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve heard somewhere that periwinkle is a color that looks good with pretty much any complexion, so it could be perfect in this case. I think that those colors look very fresh together!

BTW, when I read this for the first time (puppy emergency prevented me from responding), I think we were looking at the same bridal mag.
1.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Selkie (yes, date twins!) and Blenheim. I am hoping to get a few of the girls together this summer to try on dresses and see what looks nice for them. My MOH is likely to be the hardest to fit, and I want her to be comfortable in whatever she wears. I don't think I am going to make them all purchase the same dress for this reason, just something tea-length in peri.

I was sooooo hesitant about buying that magazine, Blenheim. I was thinking "5.99? What gives? It's a half inch thick!" but now I am glad I went ahead and got it because of all the great flower ideas.

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a couple of pics of a wedding I was in last year. We wore the peri dresses from David''s Bridal, just to give you an idea of what they looked like "in action".
3.gif

Confused Angie.jpg

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the other...

0546200-R1-042-19A.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thanks Angela! Helps to see the color on various people.
1.gif

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
E,
Does anyone do Bronze colors for Summer weddings, anymore? Seems like that was big on the east coast for a while there. Brooke Shield''s last wedding comes to mind. I love Bronze and Beige tones for Summer because they look beautiful and elegant on everyone and look really sexy with a tan. Blue is always a great choice, but, with your flower colors, thought I''d throw this more neutral option out there. There are some gorgeous bronze metallic shoes out there this season! Bronze also looks great with Navy...not sure what your groom plans on wearing but a Navy suit for a Summer wedding just sreams class. IMHO. Bronze may not compete with your vibrant floral choices as much... my .02c.
37.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Are you sure on the flower choices yet? If you''re worried about them competing at all, I think that periwinkle and shades of yellow would be lovely.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
looks great to me!
1.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2006 8:52:04 PM
Author: ndnyhagen
E,
Does anyone do Bronze colors for Summer weddings, anymore? Seems like that was big on the east coast for a while there. Brooke Shield''s last wedding comes to mind. I love Bronze and Beige tones for Summer because they look beautiful and elegant on everyone and look really sexy with a tan. Blue is always a great choice, but, with your flower colors, thought I''d throw this more neutral option out there. There are some gorgeous bronze metallic shoes out there this season! Bronze also looks great with Navy...not sure what your groom plans on wearing but a Navy suit for a Summer wedding just sreams class. IMHO. Bronze may not compete with your vibrant floral choices as much... my .02c.
37.gif
Thanks for your response. You know, I had seriously considered bronze for a while too. I really liked a few of the dresses I saw in that color, but with most of my girls being so fair skinned, I don''t think that color would have done them justice. I know for sure on my MOH, who is extremely fair and blonde, that color would make her look sickly. I don''t anticipate any of them going tanning before the wedding, either.
40.gif
Thank you very much anyway!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2006 9:23:00 PM
Author: Blenheim
Are you sure on the flower choices yet? If you''re worried about them competing at all, I think that periwinkle and shades of yellow would be lovely.
Uh oh, Blenheim! I can''t use too much "blue and gold" in this wedding because FI and two of his groomsmen are Michigan State alums and they will bail on me for using UofM colors!
3.gif
Hee hee!

I am 99% sure that these will be the bouquets, and that peachy orange is what continues to catch my eye. I would have dressed all my girls in the orangey color but some of them would have a hard time wearing it against their skin and would look washed out. I may go with David''s Bridal dresses because then no matter where my girls are at location-wise, there is likely to be a David''s around. Until I actually see a few of them in the dresses I like, I haven''t 100% decided on purchasing through DB.

I really like this dress style from DB. Here it is in the Peri and just for fun, the Palm Beach Coral.
15e926c.jpg
15e92mv.jpg

I will likely be trying to use peri and peach throughout the wedding, too, and sticking to that flower mix for things like pew decorations and accents. I want to do mini cakes for my reception and use them as centerpieces iced in a combo of those colors. I am looking forward to getting more apartment stuff done so I can focus on wedding stuff now.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results