shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB Entering year 4 of looking for thr perfect sapphire band...

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Still looking for a 2-5mm wide, size 6-6.5, square or French cut sapphire band in platinum. Would prefer an older one. Looking to spend around $450, if possible. Does anyone have one lying around? :)

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom something like this? Mine is half eternity. Show us examples so we can keep our eyes open. 20240127_100008.jpg 20240127_095932.jpg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom something like this? Mine is half eternity. Show us examples so we can keep our eyes open. 20240127_100008.jpg 20240127_095932.jpg

Hello, thanks for replying! Yes, this is the kind of band I am looking for. I will try to find a pic and post, thanks!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of examples:
Screenshot_20240127_104851_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240127_104808_Chrome.jpg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Correction, I just realized I have a typo in my listing. It should read 2-2.5mm, not 2-5mm.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meesmom - the one you posted seems to fit the bill. I think your budget is somewhat unrealistic, and $545 seems like a good price.

I know it's a tiny bit small, but you can often get a ring like that enlarged by shaving down the inside metalwork. If you like this band, I'd reach out to David Klass Jewelry and ask them if they could enlarge it a quarter size, because this ring is a very good fit for what you're looking for, and I know they've done that type of enlarging many times. Worth checking.

Good luck!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Meesmom - the one you posted seems to fit the bill. I think your budget is somewhat unrealistic, and $545 seems like a good price.

I know it's a tiny bit small, but you can often get a ring like that enlarged by shaving down the inside metalwork. If you like this band, I'd reach out to David Klass Jewelry and ask them if they could enlarge it a quarter size, because this ring is a very good fit for what you're looking for, and I know they've done that type of enlarging many times. Worth checking.

Good luck!
Hello, Mrs. B! I would probably pay $545. It's quite a bit of difference, i think, but i can check, thanks for the tip! I have found bands in my range (and actually less, in a couple of cases) but the size is the problem...ugh.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, Mrs. B! I would probably pay $545. It's quite a bit of difference, i think, but i can check, thanks for the tip! I have found bands in my range (and actually less, in a couple of cases) but the size is the problem...ugh.

Were they eternity bands? In platinum? Because a plain platinum band (ie no gemstones) will normally cost you at least that. Granted, a pre-loved band will come in cheaper, but for one in good condition, a sapphire eternity in platinum would be surprising at that price.

All that to say, I'd be snapping this one up, if you're able to have it resized. But def check first.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Were they eternity bands? In platinum? Because a plain platinum band (ie no gemstones) will normally cost you at least that. Granted, a pre-loved band will come in cheaper, but for one in good condition, a sapphire eternity in platinum would be surprising at that price.

All that to say, I'd be snapping this one up, if you're able to have it resized. But def check first.

Yes, they were both platinum and eternity. One was $395 (i missed out while i was thinking about it, it had a broken stone), the other was on bid on ebay and went for like $250! (I forgot to bid, unfortunately). I'm trying not to spend too much, because I don't plan on wearing it that often. I have a ruby one, and I only wear it like 4 or 5 times a year. But I love it, still. I'll look onto getting that one sized. It is a beaut!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results