shape
carat
color
clarity

Enhancer Ring with Large Stones?

GracchiMom

Rough_Rock
Hi, newbie here. I have a question for the wise people here. I have three diamonds, one of which is currently in my engagement ring.

All round cut: 0.78 ct (in ring), 1.03 ct, and 2.21ct. Quality is VS1 and above. Sizes are 5,9mm, 6.5mm, and 8.5mm.

I don't love the setting of my engagement ring (we did not pick it out) and am thinking of having the largest stone set in a Tiffany-style setting and then have an enhancer ring made with the other two stones (so that they sit in a row on either side of the big stone). This is so that I have a solitaire I can wear more often and a three stone ring for dressier occasions. Rings to be made of platinum in very simple settings.

We have spoken to two jewelers. One, very established and reputable, was not yet sure of how he would do it but quoted me 6K to make the two rings (not from molds--completely handmade). The other jeweler, less swanky, but local and trusted, offered to use a Stuller setting for the solitaire and then handmake the enhancer. He seemed very confident that he could make me what I was asking for. Quote was about 3K.

I am not opposed to paying someone a fair price, but want to make sure what I am asking for makes sense. Also, I liked both of them but feel like I know a little more what I am getting with the second guy, though to be honest, I feel like with both of them I might end up surprised at the end.

We do plan to talk to a third person.

So does this plan make sense? And do you have any advice about picking a jeweler or the design process?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I would also get a quote from David Klass. I love his IG page! He has an enhancer that I’ve saved and I may go down that route myself. Still undecided. Anyway, here’s my inspiration pic. If so, I’d want the exact enhancer except no melee/fancy basket. 1A6CC8E5-B048-4D19-BFF0-A7CBA32A9460.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the two smaller diamonds are not nearly close enough in diameter to use as sidestones. You might be able to do 5.9mm and 6.0mm, but not 5.9 and 6.5. I think you'd need to maybe trade in the 1 ct diamond and get another to match the .78. I think that's a better size. Are all three diamonds the same color?

I'll second David Klass. I think his quote would be less and he's done these before.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the two smaller diamonds are not nearly close enough in diameter to use as sidestones. You might be able to do 5.9mm and 6.0mm, but not 5.9 and 6.5. I think you'd need to maybe trade in the 1 ct diamond and get another to match the .78. I think that's a better size. Are all three diamonds the same color?

I'll second David Klass. I think his quote would be less and he's done these before.

Came here to say the same. I don't think this will work with the existing stones due to how different the 2 smaller stones are.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I agree with all the posters above. Two sidestone contenders are far too off in diameter.

I'm having a hard time deciding on whether I want to set 2 side stones which are 0.15mm difference in diameter!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results