shape
carat
color
clarity

Engraving in Wedding Bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who don''t mind sharing, what did you have engraved on your wedding bands (if you had them engraved). Are they matching with DH?

I was thinking of simply having our first initials and our wedding date? What do people usually have engraved?

Thanks everyone!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
we just simply had our wedding date engraved - nothing fancy - just a reminder for DH
3.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
We did just the date.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
There are a couple threads out there on this topic, and 1 or 2 in SMTR, with pics.

DH''s reads "I am my beloved and my beloved is mine" - which we incorporated into our wedding vows. Mine w-band is too narrow to be engraved, but when I got my plain band (matches DH''s only in a smaller mm width), I had the same thing engraved in my band.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
I am 98% sure I will engrave his. Mine is too thin to engrave.

I will engrave a sweet thing we always say to each other.... my great love and eternal happiness. Not sure if it will fit!

If I did have a ring that was "engrave-able", I think we would do something silly and still personal.... He always says "every Pot has a Lid" (someone for everyone) I call him LID and he calls me POT. I think we would engrave LID and POT with the wedding date.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
"Put me back on!"
9.gif

I don''t know what I''m going to have engraved in his, or if we''ll be able to engrave it. He''s going with Tungsten.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing guys! We could do anything we like really, although DF was at first a little confused - why would we want to engrave them?! Duhh! To be romantic!!!

Anyhoo, we will probably just go with our initials and wedding date.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We text during the day when we can, and usually one of us writes "I love you." and the other replies "love you more"

So we''ll be putting "love you more" on both of our rings.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I chose a phrase from the lyrics of our first dance song, which is very meaningful to us. His engraving reads "Like never before... 10-04-08"
1.gif
The full phrase is "And I love you, like never before."

MrsG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:26:12 PM
Author: meresal
We text during the day when we can, and usually one of us writes ''I love you.'' and the other replies ''love you more''

So we''ll be putting ''love you more'' on both of our rings.

That''s what I had engraved in my husband''s band "I love you more".

Mine couldn''t be engraved, so DH later got me a plain band and put "No you don''t, but its ok. I love you hunnybear" on it. It is silly, I know, but it is something we always say to each other
9.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine couldn''t be engraved, but I had DH''s engraved. It says, "Love you bazillions -K. 1.11.09". We have a long running joke about Dr. Evil and #2 (I am the Dr. Evil in the relationship, lol). So in true Dr. Evil fashion, I always say that to him. It''s pretty silly.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
FI and I haven''t ordered our bands yet, but just last night we were talking about what we''d want to engrave in them. We''ll engrave the date (of course) and then something involving our nickname for each other: buddy. We call each other that so much that we never use each other''s names. While on vacation with friends, one of them jokingly asked if we were going to include "buddy" in our vows. Haha.

We have no idea what we''ll get in our rings though ... maybe "I love my buddy" or something. Luckily we have a few months to decide.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:54:04 PM
Author: MrsG

That''s what I had engraved in my husband''s band ''I love you more''.

Mine couldn''t be engraved, so DH later got me a plain band and put ''No you don''t, but its ok. I love you hunnybear'' on it. It is silly, I know, but it is something we always say to each other
9.gif
That is soo cute that he did that! I love it. :)

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately, his is tungsten carbide, so you can't engrave it (unless we were to get it from a place that MAKES the jewelery and has the capability for engraving and offers it. The jeweler where we got my ring from, not so sure I want us to get FI's wb from...I don't like their customer service or their policies and am sad we even got mine from there (that's where he got my e-ring)), and mine is too narrow...so I don't think we'll get to engrave anything.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I'm very sad about this, but what can you do about it? Nothing, really. He likes the idea of tungsten because of its strength and durability and its rugged look, and my band matches the band on my e-ring and i didn't love (or even like) any other band with it..so...*shrug*
38.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I just have our initials and the date engrave on each of our bands:

''A & M 3-11-07''

My initial first, of course
9.gif

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
We did our initials and our wedding date.... And, as we are getting married after 10 years, we also put Finally! - Kind of cheesy but we both thought it would be fun!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:19:14 AM
Author: newsboysgrl777
Unfortunately, his is tungsten carbide, so you can''t engrave it (unless we were to get it from a place that MAKES the jewelery and has the capability for engraving and offers it. The jeweler where we got my ring from, not so sure I want us to get FI''s wb from...I don''t like their customer service or their policies and am sad we even got mine from there (that''s where he got my e-ring)), and mine is too narrow...so I don''t think we''ll get to engrave anything.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I''m very sad about this, but what can you do about it? Nothing, really. He likes the idea of tungsten because of its strength and durability and its rugged look, and my band matches the band on my e-ring and i didn''t love (or even like) any other band with it..so...*shrug*
38.gif
We''re getting FI''s band from a website that can engrave tungsten because, like you said, they make it themselves. It''s definitely doable! I really wanted the chance to engrave FI''s band and it''s possible if you''re willing to order online.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I''m taking my fiances ring to get engaved in the end of the month and its going to read- Melissa''s property 4/25/2009 lol

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I had "Forever" engraved in DH''s band, but mine was too small to have anything done to it. He doesn''t wear that band much now anyhow, he has an everyday titanium ring instead.

My new upgraded set does have room for engraving though, I wonder if I should have something done to it...

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
L&M 3-14-2009

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
I engraved in his, "I will follow you into the dark."

I put this because when we first starting going out he said that this song was "our"song. I was like
33.gif
but I listened to the lyrics and I was
39.gif

The song is by death cab for cutie.

He doesn''t know that I put this. I think that he is expecting for me to put, Luff you kittah. I always call him my kitty.
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is engraved :) it has his and my first intial and a hidden ruby inbetween it :)

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
We are a long way from getting our bands but we already decided what we are writing in them. I once told my FI that he is my besheret (Hebrew for ''meant to be'') and for some reason he didn''t hear me entirely and thought I called him my bruschetta instead. (no idea why he would think I was calling him a food) But it has become our thing and I like it. I am weird so we will put that in each other''s bands.

Idealistic

Shiny_Rock
I had "Love of my life" engraved in my husband''s band.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
We engraved a separate scripture passage from the book of Ephesians in each of our bands. (not the entire verse, just the passage)

Ie: "Ephesians 5:25"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results