shape
carat
color
clarity

Engraved Ring Box

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandanop

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am planning my proposal now. It looks like it will be during our California Roadtrip vacation in April. We''re flying from Boston to LA, and driving from LA to San Fran. I will probably propose in San Fran, or along the 17 mile drive. Here is my question:

I am going to give her the ring in a box like the one here:

http://www.redenvelope.com/re/gifts/product_display/product_information.jsp?nc=30304&bct2=search&bcp2=79&bct5=search%20results&bcp5=80&bcm5=29$$box&bct6=photo%20keepsake%20box&bcp6=10&bcm6=3$$13857713&refPg=%2fproduct_display%2fproduct_information.jsp&oid=13857713&sidTime=1111178747&BV_SessionID=@@@@0844435273.1111178553@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccddaddedlkgmidcefecefedfgfdfmg.0

I want to engrave it with something really memorable. I want it to become an heirloom. My thought is:

"This box held the engagement ring given to Laura XXXXX by Peter XXXXXXXX in April 2005"

I am limited to 3 lines of 30 chars each.

Any ideas for the text?

Pete

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I would make it less like a story telling others what the box is for and more a first person message directly to her.

Dear Laura

Inside this box holds the question to all the answers I''ll ever need in my life.

Love Peter

sparklish

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, second that last suggestion. That would be very romantic. I think the personal message would make it a more valuable heirloom too. I have an engraved compact my grandfather gave my my grandmother and it''s cool to look at it and get a sneak peek into their lives. I would include the date though, I think that''s cool.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh! Miss Erin yours is really good...makes me all teary eyed.

bien64

Rough_Rock
About a month ago I used an engraved ring box (from ThingsRemembered) when I proposed. You can see the heart shaped box in this thread. We were matched via EHarmony a year before, and I had the following engraved :

xxx,
You are my perfect match.
Love always, yyy
2/18/2005

I thought it was important to keep it simple and give a nod to how we first met.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that you have to make your box personal and important to the two of you. Maybe you have a romantic inside joke that could put on it.. or special songs/words that make you smile.. romantic things you tell each other all the time.. etc..

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Love Erin''s idea! Sorry, Scott, but your original idea sounded more like an epitaph.
31.gif

brandanop

Rough_Rock
I agree on the epitaph comment. I was thinking historical instead of romantic... What a Dork!

I ended up going with this:

Dear XXXXX, This box contains
a promise to love you always.
Love, YYYY - April, 2005

This is the box:

http://www.redenvelope.com/re/gifts/product_display/product_information.jsp?nc=24098&BV_SessionID=@@@@2076953933.1111765895@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchaddeejigkkdcefecefedfgfdfmf.0&bct2=&refPg=%2fcustomer_service%2forder_details.jsp&oid=13857722

It holds a picture, so I am going to try to have someone take a picture of my proposal... If not, I will put in a picture of something historical, like George Washington... Just kidding.
31.gif

Pete

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds beautiful!!! Best of luck!

sparklish

Shiny_Rock
Aw... that''s sweet. I love that! Good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results