shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement season?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
When is engagement season?

I know that lots of people get engaged over Christams, New Years, Valentines Day etc. but aside from named holidays, is there a month, group of months in which engagements are common?

Just curious,

HD

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
for people in college when one, if not both are graduating, march-may seems to be fairly popular with people i know. but in general i haven''t noticed an engagement season, though i could just be completely oblivious
37.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say that we''re smack in the middle of it right now. It seems like we have a consistent stream of ladies leaving our list lately (or, at least more rapidly than at some other times in the year), and I''ll count the four of my friends who got engaged this past weekend and the two who got engaged the weekend before as further evidence that it''s engagement season now.

I agree about the graduation correlation that Squirrly mentioned, and I also think that the beautiful weather has something to do with it.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I agree I think early summer is the season. Due to graduation and beautiful weather.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
End of November to around Valentine''s day. Lots of big holidays and chances to celebrate with family. Around 15-20+ ladies come off the list between those times.

After that--late spring-early summer.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
It seems to me like there are two general "seasons"....holidays (late Nov-New Years) and now...late spring/early summer. The reason I say that is because, tons of us have been getting engaged lately!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well so far I''ve been through 2 "Engagement Seasons"

Third time is a charm, right?
20.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Certainly around the holiday''s, that''s a big time.

Seems like we see quite a few come off the list around this time of year as well - graduations, etc.

Generally, I don''t think there is a defined "season" - seems more like spurts here and there.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 12:47:06 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Well so far I''ve been through 2 ''Engagement Seasons''

20.gif

word - we joined about the same time (me a little later than you).

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 1:29:33 PM
Author: jcarlylew

20.gif

We''ll get there soon...

Patience, right?

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
I''ll definitely second Nov-Feb and April-June-ish?

The first is when toooons of my friends have gotten engaged, and the list seems really busy lately. In our case at least, both of these times correspond to graduations.

Also, strange side note, I think all of my friends who got engaged in November-December are planning a wedding for the summer after they got engaged, whereas those getting engaged in the spring have vastly varying wedding dates.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 2:16:49 PM
Author: somegirl932
I''ll definitely second Nov-Feb and April-June-ish?

The first is when toooons of my friends have gotten engaged, and the list seems really busy lately. In our case at least, both of these times correspond to graduations.

Also, strange side note, I think all of my friends who got engaged in November-December are planning a wedding for the summer after they got engaged, whereas those getting engaged in the spring have vastly varying wedding dates.
Interesting. I wonder if there is a correlation between engagement date and wedding date.
33.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 2:19:59 PM

Interesting. I wonder if there is a correlation between engagement date and wedding date.
33.gif

i think it might have to do with if these people are graduating they might want to do the wedding the summer after while they still know how to get in touch with everyone? so my best guess is that those who were winter grads ended up with about 6 months to plan a wedding if they wanted to shoot for this summer, which is workable (though definitely stressful) and this way if people they wanted to come/be in the wedding hadn''t graduated yet they could make it and could still be hunted down. people graduating in may and getting engaged might want to try this, but with how quickly summer books up (and potential bridal party overlap on weekends that are free at venues) their dates end up being more random based on when people they want to attend can come/how much time they want to take planning the whole shebang

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 2:27:35 PM
Author: Squirrly
Date: 5/11/2009 2:19:59 PM

33.gif

i think it might have to do with if these people are graduating they might want to do the wedding the summer after while they still know how to get in touch with everyone? so my best guess is that those who were winter grads ended up with about 6 months to plan a wedding if they wanted to shoot for this summer, which is workable (though definitely stressful) and this way if people they wanted to come/be in the wedding hadn''t graduated yet they could make it and could still be hunted down. people graduating in may and getting engaged might want to try this, but with how quickly summer books up (and potential bridal party overlap on weekends that are free at venues) their dates end up being more random based on when people they want to attend can come/how much time they want to take planning the whole shebang

I think that''s a lot of it. FI''s brother, two of my high school friends, and four of my college friends got engaged between Nov and Dec, graduated (or are graduating) in May and married between May and late August.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 12:19:27 PM
Author: FrekeChild
End of November to around Valentine''s day. Lots of big holidays and chances to celebrate with family. Around 15-20+ ladies come off the list between those times.

After that--late spring-early summer.
Ditto... and around the ladies'' birthday. (which isn''t quite a season, but a popular time...)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 2:33:05 PM
I think that''s a lot of it. FI''s brother, two of my high school friends, and four of my college friends got engaged between Nov and Dec, graduated (or are graduating) in May and married between May and late August.

sounds like you have a ton of wedding to go to this summer! i hope they''re more spaced out than what my friends did (5-6 in the next month so i''m having to pick and choose
7.gif
)

do i get a shiny star sticker for possibly guessing correctly?
4.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 2:38:42 PM
Author: Squirrly
Date: 5/11/2009 2:33:05 PM

sounds like you have a ton of wedding to go to this summer! i hope they''re more spaced out than what my friends did (5-6 in the next month so i''m having to pick and choose
7.gif
)

do i get a shiny star sticker for possibly guessing correctly?
4.gif

You can have a shiny start sticker, but I don''t actually have that many weddings... one of them was last summer, and another two summers ago, the same timeline, but with people one and two years older.

Three I''m not actually invited to (one''s a DW with only immediate family, and two I wasn''t particularly close to and didn''t expect an invite) and then of the two I''m invited to, one I can''t go to at all (I''ll be across the country.) whoo.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Hi,

I will agree that the holiday season and right about now are two very big engagement seasons. From Jan. till now, 4 of my friends have gotten engaged. One in Jan, the other 3 in the past 3 weeks!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 2:06:43 PM
Date: 5/11/2009 1:29:33 PM

Author: jcarlylew

20.gif

We''ll get there soon...

Patience, right?

uh huh... but explain that to the tick in my eye...
25.gif

iioeo

Rough_Rock
my best friend and step-sister both got engaged within the past 2 weeks, so I''ll throw my 2 cents in as RIGHT NOW! Maybe it''s to get them all in before wedding season...?

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Obviously the holidays are a heavy proposal season... but I think spring/early summer is too. Well, at least I like to think so because I''m hoping to get a proposal around that time
emsmilep.gif
hehe

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
can i change my vote for the past couple of weeks?
5.gif

i do believe we''ve found engagement season.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
I second that...and, of course, I hope I can add myself to this "engagement season", so part of it may be wishful thinking...but it does seem like everytime I sign on to pricescope, another lady has gotten a ring
1.gif

dust to everyone this ''engagement season''!!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I think summer brings a lot of engagments!!! One reason could be that besides the good weather, after proposing you have a whole year to prepare a summer wedding.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 12:09:33 PM
Author: Callisto
I agree I think early summer is the season. Due to graduation and beautiful weather.
beautiful weather pffffffffft
38.gif

where do YOU live, I need to move!!!!!
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results