shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement rings around the world

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My ring is a 1.20 carat F rectangular radiant cut on Michael B 3 sided pave. I live in northern Indiana. I have had a lot of people ask me if my stone was a 2 or 3 carat. I think that''s partially because center stone size probably is around .75 in this area, but also no one has ever seen a radiant before and the rectangular shape makes it look larger....

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Ironlace! You have a beautiful ring!! I especially like that the diamond is set is off-center like mine. It makes the ring a little more interesting!

RingAndChristmas2004-113small.jpg

IslandDreams - I got that too - people were guessing my .38 pear was 1 or 2 carats! My dad, who bought a 1ct marquise for my stepmom and knows his diamonds, even guessed it was .75. Before he guessed, he acknowledged that it probably looks larger than its ctw because of the shape, but still guessed wrong. That plus my tiny 4.5 finger.

jellybean - but what about your upgrades? They are by no means "small"!
30.gif

Perhaps we should add to this thread when we got the ering... Mine was Dec. 2004.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
.75 RB, E, SI2 set in a platinum Tacori cathedral solitaire with hand engraving. We live just outside of D.C. in Virginia and i received the ring Decemeber 2004.

top_bentfinger.jpg

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
1.20 ct. H&A RB in a 6 prong Solstice Bombe solitaire, I live in the Maryland suburbs of DC.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock

Welcome to Ironlace.

35.gif

1.81 RB
Platinum Memoire Paris petite prong eternity setting w/ matching wedding band
Atlanta, GA, USA
28.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Mine is a 1.3 cushion, I, SI1, custom pave setting with halo. I live in fabulous NYC!!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
1.37 ct round brilliant, D color, VVS2, ideal cut set in a simple platinum solitaire. (West) Los Angeles area. May move to SF.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi JCJD!
35.gif
I thought the question was about our "original" e-rings so that''s how I answered it.
2.gif

The two "upgrades" I switch b/t are my new 0.724ct J/SI1 ideal round from Whiteflash in a simple 4 prong tiffany setting, and my 1.5ct H/I1 round that was my MIL''s in a simple white gold contour setting. The 1.5ct around here is more the norm. I usually wear the 0.724ct b/c, hey, it''s an ideal cut! Actually there''s a long story behind it...but I consider that my real upgrade.
3.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
jellybean - I think so too, I was just teasing for calling your ring small.
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 4:29:15 PM
Author:BrightSpot
...Could you post the stats on your engagement ring (size, shape & type of stone (diamond, emerald, etc.) as well as type of mounting) and where you live?

I feel like I should mention that it was a ringless proposal(dh is French) and that we bought the 'e-rings'(there are 3 now) later. Hopefully that helps to give some background for the following chaos...

During the engagement: A 3ct.+ red garnet, round shape in a yellow gold 4-prong basket setting.

After the wedding: 1ct rb diamond in 'Tiffany style' four-prong, YG mounting... Months later, added a vintage 50s marquise sunburst wrap. A few months after that I reset the rb into an Alex Sepkus mounting. I went back to the Tiffany style w/wrap soon, only w/ six-prongs instead of four.

My husband started to fear for my sanity at this point. Esp. since the entire e-ring obsession was so, well, foreign to him.

This past winter (with my promise to finally stop obsessing and be satisfied for at least 10-15 years): 2ct. oval in a pave frame setting w/sidestones that started as a RHR. However, after finding 2 matching bands, I'm mainly wearing it as an e-ring/wedding set.

We're bouncing between the San Francisco Bay Area, US & Paris, France.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2005 7:07:25 PM
Author: Sparkster
Centre stone is a .91 D VVS2 princess cut with two pinks sapphires on either side of the centre diamond. Can''t describe the mounting, because it''s so unusual, so here''s a picture of what it looks like (this is from the brochure so it''s not actually my ring).

Your ring is *fabulous*, Sparkster! Do you have any photos of your own ring? Any photos of it on your hand? Who made it?

Deborah

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2005 6:00:48 AM
Author: valeria101
So... there are American, Australian and British rings on the list. Somewhere in the depth of Pricescope there are some European ones (Norvegian, Finnish, German, and Slovenian - at least) and Asian from Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand and Japan...

I apologize, Ana! I neglected to mention that when it emigrated to the States, my Italian ring declined to take American citizenship. I hope that didn't throw off your statistics.

Deb ;-)

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock

So... there are American, Australian and British rings on the list. Somewhere in the depth of Pricescope there are some European ones (Norvegian, Finnish, German, and Slovenian - at least) and Asian from Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand and Japan...

One could draw a map with countries and carats !
2.gif

So, we ordered the 1ct from Mondera while in Paris. Item arrived in France, so, is that ring French or American? Franco-American?
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 11:29:29 PM
Author: AGBF

I apologize, Ana! I neglected to mention that when it emigrated to the States, my Italian ring declined to take American citizenship. I hope that didn''t throw off your statistics.

Deb ;-)

LOL!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
Ironlace - welcome. Yeah, he worked on that - it's always wonderful when they really think it out. Good luck with the council!!!!!

French chap too, English woman, living in Belgium....1.17 E VVS1 beautiful make, asscher - plat setting, trap sides = .30 (+/-) tcw.

Almost the weeeekend...
Abi
1.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Mine has a 1.01 centre with ruby trillion sidestones and we live in Bahrain. However, by British standards it looks like a ''ROCK''!! Also helps that I have size 5 fingers which are pretty dinky for someone who is 5''8" and well built
27.gif

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Original, .46 round with 1 small baguette on each side (no idea on weight). Current, 1.06 ct round with 4 round side stones totalling .75 ct. Will be upgrading for 25th anniversay next year. Ring Size 5. Live in No. VA, 25 miles or so west of DC.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is a .42 ideal cut round brilliant, G VS2, set in a tiffany style yellow gold w/platinum head and I live in Seattle.

RedRaider

Rough_Rock
I have a .60 RB set in a white gold A.Jaffe bezel solitaire. Texas ~

RedRaider

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
I have a 1.46ct. Cushion Cut yellow diamond in a white gold lucida style setting with 10 smaller white diamonds on the shank totalling about 18 points. I live in Pennsylvania (Northeast, US). I also have a white gold diamond wedding band that is .50ctw.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jellybean~

Sorry, I missed your earlier hi.
35.gif
Northern burbs here....how about you?

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Fun facts!

Mine is a Scott Kay setting. 1.19 J, Round H&A with 2 G side stones (~.25 each) and 2 surprise diamonds on either side under the center stone. Live in Kansas City area.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.50 ct D VS2 pear in a custom platinum halo setting (see avatar). I live in Northern California.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results