shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring trends

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree with the list and I actually really like all of the "trends"....they're all very pretty and I'd wear any of them (I do have an antiquey looking ring).

I always have loved rose gold...its just yummy.

Halo's have always had a sweet spot for me too.

I have not seen the floral stacking rings yet but I like the picture they showed.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I am friends with a girl who just got engaged with a vintage style, rose gold, halo ring. Trendy? :twirl: haha, its beautiful.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like all of them as well. My grandmother always said that if you wait long enough, any trend will come back into style and I guess that jewelry is no exception!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i don't see these as the trend for 2011...we have been seeing and discussing these styles for a long time and they have become more classic looks and are not current trends.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I like all of those styles, but agree w/Jewelerman, they're fairly classic. Glad to see rg coming in & would be happy if yg became more common; all the silver metals get a little ho hum after so much time.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
jewelerman|1310062461|2963946 said:
i don't see these as the trend for 2011...we have been seeing and discussing these styles for a long time and they have become more classic looks and are not current trends.

I agree, especially when it comes to halos and vintage styles. I haven't seen as many floral-inspired engagement rings on PS, but I have seen the floral trend in bands. I think many people on PS are moving away from halos and toward more classic and tailored styling (e.g., French-cuts; Coatie and Arjunajane's OEC settings).

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think these are "trendy" at all.

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
I actually heard from a jeweler that halos are on the downslide and he was moving away from them. I really kind of like the look of rose gold.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
the vintage style ring doesn't look very vintage.
Martha Stewart weddings showed a lot of those floral rings in 2010--very pretty.
So funny about rose gold. I'm from a foreign country and we kept using rose gold when everybody else stopped. I used to regularly have people tell me that my jewelry from there was not gold as gold 'is not that color'. A couple of years ago everyone started admiring my inherited and gifted pieces from there.
The jewellers also (until recently when tourism there got big and they started catering to tourists) made jewelry in styles that were outdated here. I had my grandmother's rose gold bracelet appraised recently, since gold has gone way up. The appraiser INSISTED that it is a Victorian period bracelet, which it is not. I happen to know for a fact that it was made (handmade) in the 1940's. However he was sure I was incorrect and put on the appraisal that it is an antique. (I don't know if that, or the steep rise in the price of gold alone, accounted for the the extremely high price he put on it, which astonished me--and actually made me a little afraid to keep wearing it. I've had it on constantly since my grandmother died in about 30 years ago and passed it on to me on her deathbed).
There is a lot of other family jewelry, earrings, lockets, etc. which have the same Victorian look, all in rose gold, many of them made as late as the 1980's or early 1990's. The jewellers just paid absolutely no attention to fashions, or trends (I think they were probably completely unaware of them). They showed no jewelry in their window and had no stock--when you came in you said I want a ring, or a bracelet and they made it for you within a couple of days, always in the same traditional styles that were passed from father to son. (No female jewellers there). If you brought broken jewelry in, or pieces of gold (teeth, for instance) they would take it and smelt it and make new jewelry from it--that looked just like old--at a deeply discounted price.
My mother's engagement ring was a large old-cut diamond in a rose gold setting, created in the 1950's (the diamond was older), beautiful ring (unfortunately stolen some time ago)-- two or three years ago I started seeing custom rings on Pricescope that looked a lot like this ring.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
True for broad scope trends-especially in the US market, but engagement ring trends move at a slower pace unlike fine (fashion category) jewelry trends. For example, yellow gold is big in designer jewelry-especially in larger metropolitan areas, but yg may not hit smaller US markets for some time-if at all. It all depends on the place and demographic. PS is unique in that we get sweeping trend waves, but ps trends aren't always indicative of the larger bridal market. That's why I love seeing engagement rings that venture outside of market norms. (especially on ps!) I recently met a gal from Santa Fe, and she was wearing the most gorgeous handmade (yellow diamond) bezel ring-chunky and stacked with multiple hammered bands some with burnished set diamonds. She's not a jewelry person or a ps'er. She just likes the look. I'm seeing a lot of handmade-unique-piece trending in designer jewelry, but it's not going to make a Glamour magazine bridal trend list.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone recognize the floral-inspired wedding bands? Confusingly there is no information to be had on them. The link from the site goes straight to the page for the engagement ring, and the wedding bands don't seem available there.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see vintage miligrain style rings and halo rings IRL everywhere here, but have yet to see rose gold and floral designs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results