shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Security

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I plan on proposing in the Dominican Republic in March. I recently purchased an engagement ring that I had custom made by WF and I do have it insured. My question is- should I ruin the romance of the proposal and leave the ring at home, or am I being overly cautious?

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 1:07:28 AM
Author:the other Jake
I plan on proposing in the Dominican Republic in March. I recently purchased an engagement ring that I had custom made by WF and I do have it insured. My question is- should I ruin the romance of the proposal and leave the ring at home, or am I being overly cautious?

Um no, you should get that thing appraised and insured IMMEDIATELY and keep the romance alive by taking the ring with you!

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
TAKE THE RING!!!!! You can''t say, will you marry me, I left the ring at home to be safe!
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
You said it IS insured, right??? Then you are fine!!! My fiance proposed to me in Puerto Rico, and lets put it this way- he did not keep it in the room safe the whole time -he knew I would be suspicious if I saw him putting things in there-duh!!! Instead, he left the ring box hidden in a sock, tucked all the way to the side of one of his duffel bags (he told me this after he proposed). He said he was sweating the whole time getting there, and then from the time he got to the room to the time he proposed (one day later) he was worried about the ring, but he knew it was insured, so if anything were to happen to it/if it was stolen, he knew it would be ok, just would really suck....

After he gave me the ring, I put the room safe to good use, as I always do, and locked up all of my jewelry when I was not wearing it, which was only when I was swimming/lying out, etc....Otherwise, I had it on.

So bottom line, take the ring with you and propose there!! It is the perfect opportunity for you to do it, and how romantic!! Keep the ring on you (wont set off any alarms-dont worry), and give it to her within the first couple of days you are there so you both can really enjoy a few days there newly engaged... it will be fabulous!!!!

Good luck, March is soon!!!!
2.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 1:07:28 AM
Author:the other Jake
yes...you know it''s insured. What''s your concern?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Propose as soon as you can after you get there, and then have her keep it on the rest of the trip...don''t leave it in the room! I never sleep in my rings at home, but I do when I travel just so there is no chance they''ll be misplaced.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to be the minority here but is it a high value large ring? If so, I would not take it and target yourself as a tourist for crime. I don''t like to travel with jewelry.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I never travel with good jewelry. I had a Cartier watch stolen on my last trip to the DR. The laugh was on them though as it was a fake
9.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Take it with you for sure...but don''t leave it in the room or in the room safe. This is dangerous as the hotel is not liable if the ring is stolen from the room or the room safe. One time we checked into a room where the safe was closed. It only took maintenance a minute to open it up and it was on of those digital ones where you set your own password. It''s safer to put it in the hotel''s safe as I believe they would be accepting responsibility for it (check their policies to be sure). Sure, you have insurance but it would be a bummer to lose the ring after you have spent so much time putting it together. Propose early on in the trip and get the ring onto her finger!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 12:08:34 PM
Author: WTNLVR
I never travel with good jewelry. I had a Cartier watch stolen on my last trip to the DR. The laugh was on them though as it was a fake
9.gif
Ha!!

Where in the DR are you going, if you don''t mind my asking. My first trip out of the country was to an all inclusive in Punta Cana. Thought I''d died and gone to heaven...

I agree, propose as soon as you can. And good luck!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
We went the first time to an all inclusive in Punta Cana. Loved it. Last year we went to Puarto Plata- not as nice an area. Both times we stayed at the RIU resorts.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 4:38:00 PM
Author: WTNLVR
We went the first time to an all inclusive in Punta Cana. Loved it. Last year we went to Puarto Plata- not as nice an area. Both times we stayed at the RIU resorts.
We stayed in a RIU in Cancun a couple years ago, beautiful hotel! Stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace in PC.

The only bad thing about either was the food, not so great....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take a chance and take it with you.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I paid around 8 k for the ring- I don't know if you consider that high value or not. We are going to the Grand Palladium Bavaro and it is an all-inclusive. I was planning to bring the ring all along, but I just recently had second thoughts. I think I'll take it. I mean thats the point of having insurance.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 12:53:53 AM
Author: the other Jake
I think I''ll take it. I mean thats the point of having insurance.

EXACTLY! Don''t matter if you paid 1K or 100K. You have insurance. You will regret it if you do not propose with the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results