shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baloo

Rough_Rock
I''ve decided to take plunge and now comes the fun part.

I have been given the following "wants":

Tiffany Lucida Cut and design on Platinum
VS1 or better
D,E or F
1 Ct
Very Good Cut

Two questions:

1) What sort of price range are we looking at in Singapore ?
2) Any store recommendations ?

I really know NOTHING about Diamonds so I am a sucker waiting to be exploited unless I can get some decent background info.

Thanks in Advance for any assistance rendered.

Rockabye

Rough_Rock
If you are looking specifically for the Tiffany Lucida cut + setting, it is available only from Tiffany's.

Price wise, you would have to enquire at Tiffany's. Since there are no other suppliers of Lucida cut diamonds, what they quote would be pretty much what you have to pay.

If they have something within your wish list in Singapore, they will be able to let you have the price immediately. Otherwise, they will source it from their inventory and, if available, revert within a couple of days on the price and bring it into Singapore if you are keen. I have found the Raffles Hotel outlet to be more cosy.

Finding an exact 1.00 carat is unusual. You are more likely to find something that is 1.00 +/- 0.05. However, do bear in mind that there is a significant price hike once a diamond hits the magic 1.00 mark. Hence, a 1.00 carat would cost more than a 0.98 carat on a per carat basis although there is a neglible size difference.

On the other hand, if you are willing to consider something that looks similar to a Lucida on a Lucida type setting for a lower price, you should do a search on "Lucida" and "Singapore" on this forum to learn more. Based on what I have read, those keen on a Lucida type cut and setting have been able to obtain a Lucere cut diamond on a Vatche X prong platinum setting for a similar look. However, whether this would suit you or the love of your life is very personal and subjective.

"Mercier" a Singapore based member in the jewellery trade, started this interesting thread on Singapore jewellers: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamonds-and-jewelry-in-singapore-where-who-and-what.6110/

For more information on diamonds, do click on the "Tutorial" section of this website. You could also try http://www.niceice.com or http://www.goodoldgold.com to learn more about diamonds. While initially overwhelming, there are tons of background information.

Have fun in your search
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't really have any info on Singapore to help, but wanted to say that Vatche makes the Tiffany Lucida setting, I believe it is their X-Prong setting with a radiant cut stone or similar in it. It will not be the 'Tiffany' stone nor name, but it will be the same setting (agreed upon by most anyway), and then you can hand choose the stone separately.

For stones, check out the Spring Cut stone from WhiteFlash which I think are similar to radiants and are supposedly excellently cut, and also the Dream cut stone from Hearts on Fire, though I do not know if HOF are sold in Singapore. WF is an online vendor, I believe they sell to Singapore.

Hope that helps a little. I would read up on stones first off, with the tutorials, and start looking at local jewelers to see what you like the look of. It's hard to find princess cut stones or radiants that give excellent light returns such as round brilliants, but with a practiced eye and armed with knowledge (and maybe an IdealScope) you could probably find something great!

Or the alternative is to hie yourself to Tiffany and just purchase one of their Lucida rings and stones since your marching orders were somewhat specific...though I have no idea on pricing and quality of their radiant style stones and it would have a markup attached...is Tiffany located in Singapore?

Good luck!
1.gif

baloo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the Tips.

Her demands where approximates so she would be happy with a Lucida type cut on the x-prong setting. She has come to the conclusion that she can have a much nicer stone by foregoing the Tiffany brand name. I'm also seen that the jump in proce between a .95 to 1.0 is quite a leap. I think I can lead her down this path.

I'll do a search for Lucure cuts in Singapore now. I am assuming the Xprong setting by Vatche is available from most jewellers. Is that a fair assumption ?

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Vatche is available at a lot of the online vendors. Whiteflash.com, Goodoldgold.com, Superbcert.com to name a few. You can view Vatche's settings by going to their website also www.dvatche.com.

Be prepared to pay more for it these days though! Damn price hikes... yes I am still bitching about it!
angryfire.gif

GOOD LUCK!
tongue.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baloo, shopping smart and discarding brand names will get you a better diamond for a better price in the long run IMO. Good luck with the search and yes as DG noted, Vatche does sell far and wide. Lucere stores would be great to look at as well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results