shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring- center stone selection

teddyb326

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply!

I had WF pull the stones. Im a litle concerned about the inclusions on the SI. but you are deff right, the color is the first thing that stands out
SBS_1.12-1.213-1.068.jpg

Im going to see if there are any other alternatives in my price range. I know now H color or better is the way to go

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Go with the color!!!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Did you check BlueNile? I don’t have any expertise with diamonds and I am a newbie- but the wonderful people on here found me a diamond from BlueNile. I think (if I remember properly) that WhiteFlash puts a higher price on their diamonds. You might be able to find some diamonds for less on BlueNile and have the experts here help you with your final selection. Maybe also James Allen?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash diamonds (and others like Brian Gavin and HPD) are of super ideal cut proportions and, as such, the price is reflective. So it isn’t that they are putting a higher price on their diamonds... the diamonds command a higher price in the market because of what they are.

teddyb326

Rough_Rock

teddyb326

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

Waiting to long and missed out on the stone I liked. I have 3 that they offered as comparable, any insights into best one?

Tjhanks again!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Go for the I, VS2... love the 55 table and you won't have to worry about anything regarding clarity. A wee bit larger than the others. I know it is the most $ but you are paying for the VS clarity. If you don't want to go that high in price, I like the look of the one for $6395 better than the other SI stone. I don't like the crystal you can see in the photo on the 1.114 diamond. And just the face of the 1.053 is prettier to me. But if you are willing to go up in price I would go for the VS stone for sure.

teddyb326

Rough_Rock
thanks. Do you think I should aim for a better color? I proposed this H color, but the rep there said she would go with the 1.053 over it:

Thanks again for opinions. This is the largest purchase of my life and these stones are tricky to evaluate!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
thanks. Do you think I should aim for a better color? I proposed this H color, but the rep there said she would go with the 1.053 over it:

Thanks again for opinions. This is the largest purchase of my life and these stones are tricky to evaluate!

I will look now, but I want to say that while this is the largest purchase of your life, going with WF and their ACAs you have an amazing upgrade policy where you get full value for your purchase as well as don't have to spend a certain ridiculous minimum to made a trade. So honestly there are no "mistakes" to be made. Whichever way you go you will be "getting it right'.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Have you asked if the 1.107 and the 1.053 are both eye clean?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
are there any other options in an H color? For me, H to I is a real dividing point between not seeing warmth versus seeing it and it would be my pick to go for an H over an I.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will look now, but I want to say that while this is the largest purchase of your life, going with WF and their ACAs you have an amazing upgrade policy where you get full value for your purchase as well as don't have to spend a certain ridiculous minimum to made a trade. So honestly there are no "mistakes" to be made. Whichever way you go you will be "getting it right'.

Agree!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you get a picture of the H and the I/VS2 together? Heck, might as well throw in the 1.05 too. I would get a picture of all three of them together.

teddyb326

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help guys. I decided to go with a G color, SI1. I was a little worried about inclusions being visible, I hope I made the right choice.

What do you think? I have 24hrs to make a change if there is something better in the price range. Total price $7222

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results