shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Advice - Please help me check specs!

foobar1

Rough_Rock
Hi all, my first post here. Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm after an engagement ring for my SO after dating for 7 years :)

I've just started looking, researching and trying to understand everything. I've narrowed down to this specific ring which I think would fit a GIA Triple X and AGS Super Ideal.

Given I'm still a pretty newbie at this, I'd just like to get a bit of additional help to see if I've missed anything. I've attached attribute information RE the ring below.

Thank you in advance!

ShapeRound
CutBrilliant
Measurements6.89mm
Precision of CutBrilliant
SymmetryExcellent
PolishExcellent
Carat1.27 ct
ColorE
ClarityVS1
Total Depth Percent
62.30%​
Table %
55.80%​
Crown Angle %
34.80%​
Star Length %
57%​
Pavillion Depth %
43.00%​
Pavillion Angle %
40.90%​
Lower Half Length %
76%​
GridleSlightly Thick
Gridle FinishFaceted

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Numbers look good... do you have any images?

foobar1

Rough_Rock
Numbers look good... do you have any images?

Thanks for assisting!

No images at the moment as it's located internationally from where I'm situated, but I can get it transported here.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
You should make sure there is a clearly stated return policy including return shipping and insurance. To buy a stone sight unseen without images is just something I would not do. Have you run it through the HCA?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely make sure you can return it for free (including shipping). Without those types of guarantees I wouldn't personally buy a diamond without seeing it (especially if I had to return internationally)

foobar1

Rough_Rock
Oh yes, sorry I should have been slightly more exact -- they're bringing said diamond over for inspection, but it's not a commitment to purchase, so I'm not exactly buying it, but rather, they only want to spend money on courier and insurance on somewhat "serious" purchases.

HCA is giving me a 1.7 so that box is also ticked :)

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
It should also say what the fluorescence is like. The numbers and letters sound like i’ll be a very high quality diamond and you’d like no/faint fluoro to match. Strong fluorescence could make a diamond appear hazy/oily or glowing in some lighting environments.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results