shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement ring....17 years after the wedding (OMG)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I''m new here, just found this forum a couple weeks ago. Thank goodness!! So....any other ladies out there who sort of...didn''t get an engagement ring until they were married for years? And YEARS???

I''m so excited, my ring will be on its way on the 31st!! Hubby and I got married in 1989, weren''t making very much money, and I guess life sort of slipped in and that ring never did magically emerge. My son is 16 now and daughter is 10, and we felt secure enough financially to FINALLY buy a nice diamond. To his credit, though, I do have a very nice anniversary ring (1ct 5-stone in 18K white gold) that DH got me for Christmas this year, LOL. A little backwards, eh?

Anyway, I have a 0.55 ct. H VS2 that''s making its way to Blue Nile, then to me. The setting is 18K yellow gold, to match my claddagh wedding band. And I''m THRILLED!!!!

Thanks for listening. :))

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting
36.gif
Can''t wait to see all the pics. Enjoy it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! And yes, we''ll need pics!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your hubby is a sweetie
1.gif

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Yes, he''s a tad *whisper* slow ~ but sweet!

20.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HIL

How thrilling!! Congrats!
36.gif
I look forward to hand shots!!

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s exciting, can''t wait to see it!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to pricescope and congratulations on your new ring!!! How exciting for you. I look forward to seeing pictures. It is never too late for diamonds. I didn''t have a diamond when I got married either, but I have made up for it over the nearly 30 years since then!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is *very* exciting! I can''t wait to see pictures!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations! i think it is wonderful that you decided it wasn''t something you needed or could afford way back when but now that you can get what you want you''re going for it! an e-ring is an e-ring no matter when you get it. another way to think about it is the marriage contract has obviously worked well so why not get engaged?! party time!

movie zombie

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Aaaaw... how NICE! All good things DO come with time!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, congrats. I can''t wait to see your pics. Welcome!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! You must be so excited. I too did not get engaged when we first got married, I waited until my 10th anniversary to get a ring, but it as definitely worth the wait.

Congrats again!!!
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations ebony! What a wonderful story! I also cannot wait to see pictures...and I love that you wear a claddagh as a wedding ring (or do you have a wedding band with the claddagh embossed on it?) How exciting!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! You must post pics when you get it!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results