shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Photos Dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I had a dress for our engagement shoot but there was some things that bothered me about it. So I bought a new one and it is more casual and looks comfortable. Our wedding colors are Pink and Green and the wedding is in May. So I feel the dress is almost perfect. Any comments good or bad?

60136972-04.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s cute. I feel like I need to see it on you to really comment.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I will post pictures when it gets here hopefully sometime next week. Here is the necklace that I bought not sure if it will look okay or not but its cute.

61789849-02.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
what a fun color pink! cannot wait for the body shots... if that is correct to say?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
One thing I love in pictures is contrast. I''m drawn more to pictures that are visually interesting and usually that involves contrast to catch the eye. Whether that''s in texture or color, it doesn''t matter. I love the color of the dress, but I would be wary of going over board on the pink and being too matchy-matchy. Are you going to wear several outfits for the pictures, or is this dress the only one? I think it might be cute to have one shot/outfit solidly connecting to your wedding theme of pink and green (which are my sorority colors BTW (old rose and nile green-bonus points for who guesses which sorority!)) But for the other shots I''d go with other outfits that connect more with who you and FI are as people. You as a couple are more than just the wedding, ya know?

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 5:04:26 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
One thing I love in pictures is contrast. I''m drawn more to pictures that are visually interesting and usually that involves contrast to catch the eye. Whether that''s in texture or color, it doesn''t matter. I love the color of the dress, but I would be wary of going over board on the pink and being too matchy-matchy. Are you going to wear several outfits for the pictures, or is this dress the only one? I think it might be cute to have one shot/outfit solidly connecting to your wedding theme of pink and green (which are my sorority colors BTW (old rose and nile green-bonus points for who guesses which sorority!)) But for the other shots I''d go with other outfits that connect more with who you and FI are as people. You as a couple are more than just the wedding, ya know?

I was planning on just having this dress as my only outfit. If it makes any difference its very rare to find me wearing anything other than pink. The wedding colors are very light pink, green and brighter pink as accents. I was going to let FI pick what he would like to wear whatever that is him he likes to wear a lot of dark colored clothes and his favorite color is a dark blue. I am very matchy-matchy but FI is not so hopefully he can balance me out? ahh I hope so

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s adorable! That shade of pink is my favorite color, and one of my wedding colors too!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Great dress, you have got me thinking about what I am going to wear to my pics, and after wedding BBQ!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
One thing I love in pictures is contrast. I'm drawn more to pictures that are visually interesting and usually that involves contrast to catch the eye. Whether that's in texture or color, it doesn't matter. I love the color of the dress, but I would be wary of going over board on the pink and being too matchy-matchy. Are you going to wear several outfits for the pictures, or is this dress the only one? I think it might be cute to have one shot/outfit solidly connecting to your wedding theme of pink and green (which are my sorority colors BTW (old rose and nile green-bonus points for who guesses which sorority!)) But for the other shots I'd go with other outfits that connect more with who you and FI are as people. You as a couple are more than just the wedding, ya know?

Hmmmmm I thought I knew.... BUUUUT... now I don't know....

I was an old rose an vieux green... Perhaps we're one in the same, though? Do you love turtles, roses, lamps, and... well... diamonds?
2.gif
Are you personal friends with Mabelle, Alfa, Mary, Anna, Anne, and Julia? Do you promise to the world temperance, insight, and courage???

You're either my Sista from anotha chapta, or you're an Alpha Kappa Alpha

I hope it's the former! (And yes, I may be a little soro crazed)

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

ETA: Sorry OP for the threadjack... I love the dress. Looks to be flattering and pretty on nearly anyone... But I would spice it up with other accessories. I'm not diggin' the necklace... (don't hate!)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the dress-the colour is amazing.

melody1228

Rough_Rock
Congratulations to you !
1.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
love the dress, although i''m not as crazy about the necklace because i also like a bit of contrast.

Hudson_Hawk, are you a delta zeta?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 10:25:01 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom

Hmmmmm I thought I knew.... BUUUUT... now I don''t know....

I was an old rose an vieux green... Perhaps we''re one in the same, though? Do you love turtles, roses, lamps, and... well... diamonds?
2.gif
Are you personal friends with Mabelle, Alfa, Mary, Anna, Anne, and Julia? Do you promise to the world temperance, insight, and courage???

You''re either my Sista from anotha chapta, or you''re an Alpha Kappa Alpha

I hope it''s the former! (And yes, I may be a little soro crazed)

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

ETA: Sorry OP for the threadjack... I love the dress. Looks to be flattering and pretty on nearly anyone... But I would spice it up with other accessories. I''m not diggin'' the necklace... (don''t hate!)

Did you by chance for to Miami University in Oxford Ohio?? Hehehe

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 7:47:19 AM
Author: doodle
love the dress, although i''m not as crazy about the necklace because i also like a bit of contrast.

Hudson_Hawk, are you a delta zeta?

BONUS POINTS FOR DOODLE AND PINKYSMOM!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
If your fiance is into dark blues I think a necklace with blue stones to compliment a dark blue shirt would go well with that color and make it a bit less matchy-matchy while still tying you two together.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I definitely think it will be adorable, especially if your FI wears dark blue - navy and pink would be a smashing and sophisticated combination
9.gif

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I got the dress three weeks ago. But I didnt have my computer. SO here it is. I don''t like the necklace with it and not sure what would look nice. FI bought a few new shirts and he is thinking that he may wear A black one along with dressy kakhis would that look alright for a may shoot?

dress04.25 001awe.jpg

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color on you and think the dress style is cute. Just one thing to "test" however. If you might be sitting down for any of your engagement shots (i.e. sitting on a park bench, steps, etc...) you might want to sit down in your dress to make sure it doesn't ride up too much when you are sitting (both in the front and the back). For shorter dresses like yours, I always like to do that test myself. After all, you don't want to be showing too much leg (or even more) in your engagement photos! ;-)

I also agree that maybe the necklace isn't the right choice, mostly because the necklace seems too dressy and yoru dress is more on the casual side. Could you maybe find a beaded green necklace? That would look good with the pink and match your color scheme to boot!

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I changed my mind once again. FI found a really nice shirt that he really wants to wear black button down. I found the shirt that I love and feel 100% comfortable in! I have two cotton Anne Taylor skirts that are just below the knee one is black and one is white. I also found matching flip flops and a small clutch! I am not wearing the necklace posted :) SO should I wear black shirt or a white one?

454636_Fuchsia.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I think it would depend on the cut of the skirt. What shape is the skirt?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results