shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement party favors

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who had engagement parties, did you have favors?

Fiance and I are hosting the engagement party ourselves so essentially we are paying about 40.00 per person for dinner, alcohol, dessert, centerpieces, etc.

Are 'party' favors a must?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
As Miss Manners says: Who told you that you had to give out wedding favors? Etiquette has never thought of weddings as comparable to children’s birthday parties, where the guests might need consolation for not being the center of attention.

I think the same applies to engagement parties!

Yeah I've never heard of favors at engagement parties.

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
We're not having an engagement party (because we're having a destination wedding, so we'll have a big party at home after the wedding), but my brother and FSIL just had their party a few weeks ago and there weren't any favors at all. It was a really gorgeous party with tons of food and an open bar - no favors needed!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
RhubarbPie said:
We're not having an engagement party (because we're having a destination wedding, so we'll have a big party at home after the wedding), but my brother and FSIL just had their party a few weeks ago and there weren't any favors at all. It was a really gorgeous party with tons of food and an open bar - no favors needed!

Ok thank you all so much! Much appreciated. One less thing to worry about, phew!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
We absolutely did engagement favors and so did my sister for her e-party recently.

We had all asian food so it was custom fortune cookies and my sisters was little seed packetes, they were cute!

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
I don't even think favors are necessary for weddings. I know I wouldn't miss them at an engagement party.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Looks like the consensus is that I don't need favors.

Thanks everyone :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results