shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement or anniversary band for the man?

smithsmith

Rough_Rock
Has anyone here bought an engagement or anniversary band for their husband? Of if you are a guy, would you wear two bands at once?

I ask because my fiance has chosen a very nice yellow gold vintage band...but it is pretty thin and I"m not sure he is going to like the thin look forever. I am going to wear a yellow gold band with my white gold engagement ring. I thought that if he wants I could buy him a white gold anniversary band (once we actually have an anniversary, of course) and he could wear them together with a similar look to my own rings. But I have never seen or heard of a guy wearing double rings on one finger. Just throwing it out there!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a friend who has both - he got an engagement ring (tension set bright blue sapphire in titanium) and a wedding band. Somedays he wears both and he likes it.

Even tho it may not be a common practice, if your DH would like it - go for it! Who cares what people "normally do" - start a new trend! I think it's a cool idea, especially if both bands are thin ones :bigsmile:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I haven't seen many men who wear two rings together (and I work in a jewelry store) but I could see a plain wider white gold band with his thin yellow gold band looking cool in the future if he gets a bit over the thin band look. However, it is his ring and he has to wear it so I would leave it 'till he feels like a change rather than just because you prefer the look of a wider ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results