shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement gift... for him?

jessib11

Rough_Rock
Will you be purchasing an engagement gift for your partner??? I am thinking some flying lessons for my partner, as it is always something he has wanted to do.

Thoughts ladies? :D

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
Yes.

Although my boyfriend was adament that he didn't want an engagement gift, I just felt so guilty about all the money being spent on me that I decided to buy him a gift in exchange. I ended up purchasing an 18k Rolex for him, and I really hope he loves it. Like my engagement ring, it's something that will stand the test of time and will hopefully bring him many happy memories. I can't wait to give it to him.

jessib11

Rough_Rock
I hope he likes his watch too ;-)

My partner wouldn't expect a gift but I think it is nice x

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I'm not a LIW anymore :oops: but I did buy my fiance a present. He got a 46" LG LCD TV. : )

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I got him a tag heuer aquaracer.

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
I will probably get him a nice watch for Christmas, but he doesn't expect anything.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I am going to buy my BF an SLR camera, he has always wanted a nice camera. However it is also going to be considered birthday and part Christmas gift. All three will be happening in the same month. Also, I'm not working full time right now so saving money for that is going to be hard enough!

JaymeC

Rough_Rock
I plan on spending between 5000-7000 on a nice watch for him as an engagement gift. I want it to be something he can keep forever.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
No. I may wear the ring but it represents us and we consider it to be "ours". Plus I'm paying for practically the entire wedding, so no. LOL :lol:

He gets spoiled enough on his birthday and Christmas too. :twirl:

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
No. We got engaged on our 8 year anniversary so I pretty much felt that I had totally deserved it for waiting that long ;-) But he did buy a 3-D projector and he purchased part of it with a giftcard I gave him for our anniversary so we joke that he got an engagement projector lol

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaymeC|1319385842|3045911 said:
I plan on spending between 5000-7000 on a nice watch for him as an engagement gift. I want it to be something he can keep forever.

I've always planned on this.. A "forever" watch, to be an heirloom passed on.. Maybe not 7K.. But def a few. Something classic and timeless looking.. I got him a $200 watch our first Christmas together, and I don't foresee him ever not wearing it, so this one would be more a "special occasion" watch.

I just always felt like I'd want my ering to be an heirloom in the family for any future girls, so the watch would be nice for any future boys :) his family doesn't have any heirlooms passed on since they literally came to the US with their shirts on their back when they immigrated.. But I'm lucky I have my grandmother's earrings. Makes me feel like there's always a part of her with me<3

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
I have a feeling no one is planning on getting their BF the engagement gift I got mine...

My BF and I have an inside joke about wolf t-shirts... I can't remember exactly how it started, but I think we saw one in a store window, he jokingly said he wanted it, and I said I'd buy it for him but then I'd have to break up with him because he lacks the good sense not to wear it.

Well, throughout our relationship our recurring "argument" has been who loves whom more (it's not actually an argument, more like flirting :) We've worked out a system - he loves me more MWF, I love him more TRS, and we share Sunday... Engraved on the inside of his wedding band will be something along the lines of "I love you more, everyday, forever."). I'm pretty sure I love him more, and he says if I really loved him I'd let him wear a wolf t-shirt (he doesn't actually have THAT terrible of fashion sense, it's just a joke). I remind him that I've loved him through his MANY iterations and creative interpretations of facial hair, so that should be enough!...

Anyway, I bought him this wolf t-shirt: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2XKMDXZHQ26YX/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2XKMDXZHQ26YX but glow in the dark :lol: I'll give it to him when he proposes - I'm even going to drag the stupid thing with me to Hawaii in 3 weeks, since I'm pretty sure the proposal will be there (I hope!!!) I'm pretty certain he will wear it, just to be silly, and then I will probably have to break up with him... :lol:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I've thought about buying him a nice watch, or a bigger TV. But, he said he would rather me cover majority of the down payment for our house than buy him a gift. So, that is probably what we will be doing. Plus, I think his dad and I will be going in together to get him a watch for this Christmas anyways ;-)

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
He got the Breitling watch he had his heart set on.

At first, he was joking about it...and then it became apparent he really, really wanted it. Being an LIW on the ring side of things, I could identify with the feeling. :))

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think my SO will be getting anything. I think he'd be upset that I spent money on top of the money he is spending on the ring (since the $$ is primarily whats holding up us). We get each other things all the time... he doesnt wear a watch or any sort of jewelry so thats out. A TV is possible since we will need another nice one anyways but I doubt we'd think of it as a mangagement gift.

For the record, my SO would wear the sh*t out of that wolf shirt. He loves to wear that sorta crap and so do I. We love the wolves cause they look like our pups - other specialties include giant eagles, flags, retro sports shirts from the 80s. We're special :lol: Maybe I should get him something like that :D

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
haha, I'm pretty sure the wolf shirt is going to be a HUGE hit! He's expecting it for his birthday this weekend, but he's not gonna get it then. instead I got him a vintage pabst beer sign for our future basement bar. it's the perfect sign because it has 2 foamy glasses and says "two head are better than one," which I think symbolizes us, and we both really really are looking forward to having a basement (walk out) with a bar for the beer he brews, dartboards, pool table, nice tv, etc, and we want to do it up in a vintage tongue-in-cheek chic kinda way...
yeah, I guess we have a kind of thoughtfully weird sense of humor. we're extra special too.. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results