shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
So, i made Engagement chicken AND i followed it to a T. Even though i wanted to add other things to it, i made it to a T. But im just wondering how many people have made it and if it has worked? Ive read a dozen different places that it works, but it would be nice to hear from real people. O, sorry, by the way im new.....hehe....thanks!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I make roast chicken a lot, and we''re not engaged yet! On the other hand, I have no doubt that we will be soon.

If that recipe doesn''t work for you, try the Thomas Keller version. Super easy (you basically don''t do anything to the chicken except cover it in salt & pepper) and it is seriously the best roast chicken I''ve ever had. We make it at least a couple times a month. Recipe here.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s worked for me! (Well, kinda
28.gif
. Looking back, I found out he had the diamond already when I made it. But who knows... it may have sped things up!)

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
It worked for LilyOfTheValley! Check out her thread here.

I''ve made it, but never for a guy. I wanted to try it out and see how fabulous it was. I love how simple it is!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i just made it (again!) on sunday. If you have never roasted chicken before (like me, the very first time), well, it came come out a bit disappointing. But after some practice, it cooks and taste great! I added in onions last night, which helped the flavor a lot.

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
I made it 12/5/09 and got engaged 2/7/09. I made modifications and it was really good! I''m a believer!
9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O wow....congrats.....i was just wondering because i made for SO about a week ago maybe two now, i read in a lot of places that it worke. So were you thinking special things when you made it. HaHa, im wonderin if that helps, cuz while i was making it, i just kept thiking" stupid chicken, how do i fit a lemon in you!" LoL.....
38.gif

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
the "stupid chicken" part cracked me up! hilarious.

i don''t know about engagement chicken -- never made it. i''m a chef and make pretty tasty dinners on a regular basis, so my boyfriend probably wouldn''t notice. but i might give it a try, although, he already has the ring!

i am not very impatient about the proposal, as i want to give him time to plan it execute it in a way that is very "him." maybe i''ll make engagement chicken to celebrate the engagement!

here is ~****dust****~ for you!!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
It was pretty funny to see me talking to a chicken. Thats cool about being a chef, i can cook a few things, but not a lot. Thanks, i need all the dust i can get! Hmmmm i really like this forum

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I was making it to celebrate our anniversary. I think I had similar thoughts about fitting the lemon inside the chicken, dont worry! It was delicious and with the leftover chicken I made chicken salad which we both really liked.

I hope it works for you! If nothing else, hopefully you at least had a yummy dinner!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results