shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Chicken and other recipes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
I want to try cooking for my boyfriend sometime soon.. and I remember seeing something a while ago on this site about Engagement Chicken! I should make that for him! If anyone has info about that or any other recipes please let me know!
2.gif

Note- I am a beginner...haven''t done much cooking yet.

Also who else has cooked for their boyfriend? How did it go?
1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I Googled for a link to the "Engagement Chicken"...it''s here.

I''ve heard that it needs to cook for much longer than the recipe says, and having roasted a whole chicken before, I agree. Make sure you go by a meat thermometer''s reading, not the recipe time -- you don''t wanna give your BF food poisoning!

I cook for B all the time; I love cooking and consider myself a very Martha Stewart type. If you''d like some easy recipes, I''d be happy to share some. What kind of things are you looking for?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I also cook all the time for A and myself. We live together, and I''m usually the dinner chef 5-7 nights a week. Most of the stuff I do is thrown together on a whim, though, so I don''t know how much help I''d be for recipes.

A is the baker, though. Boy, can that man make a mean...well...anything that goes in the oven, pretty much.
4.gif
He does all kinds of breads (both sweet and yeast) as well as pies and cakes and other yummies. My favorite was the homemade chocolate chip bagels he did for breakfast in bed on my birthday!

What can I say...I''m a lucky girl!!!
9.gif

mousey

Shiny_Rock
This recipe sounds an awful lot like Jamie Oliver''s recipe for roast chicken, cept Jamie adds garlic and herbs with the lemons, and then rubs the garlic on the chicken when it comes out of the oven. Also, he parboils some potatoes with one lemon, and then bakes the potatoes with rosemary, to go with the recipe. I love that recipe- so easy, and the chicken is mouthwatering!!!!! I will try and get the link to Jamie''s recipe if anyone is interested?

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 12:07:34 PM
Author: mousey
This recipe sounds an awful lot like Jamie Oliver''s recipe for roast chicken, cept Jamie adds garlic and herbs with the lemons, and then rubs the garlic on the chicken when it comes out of the oven. Also, he parboils some potatoes with one lemon, and then bakes the potatoes with rosemary, to go with the recipe. I love that recipe- so easy, and the chicken is mouthwatering!!!!! I will try and get the link to Jamie''s recipe if anyone is interested?
Yummy yummy! please post it''s not too much trouble to find it! I''m always on the lookout for new recipes
18.gif

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
I always use Jamie''s recipe for roasts! I made an amazing one the other week, if I do say so myself, hehe. Use a lot of garlic, it''s amaing. I don''t think it says on that recipe, but you can never go wrong using duck or goose fat for your roast potatoes. It just tastes SO GOOD.

I''m much more of a baker though. Made some muffins with cheesecake centres the other week, didn''t come out as planned, but still were just too good. And bad for me.

P
xxx

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 1:34:58 PM
Author: mousey
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/roast-chicken-with-lemon-and-rosemary-ro

Here is the recipe. It is REALLY yummy!!! I LOVE Jamie. I have tried a number of celeb chefs recipes, but Jamie is still my absolute favorite!
mmmm! thanks! Can''t wait to make this for the fi... maybe for our four year anniversary or something fun!

And parsley, i''ll have to look up the recipe for her roast... i''ve never heard of this lady but it sounds like she''s got some good stuff!

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
jaylex - the recipe above is the recipe I use! I just don''t do the rosemary potatoes, just regular roasties :)

Also, Jamie is a man! Jamie Oliver, the Naked Chef. Hehe. :-p

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results