shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Well we got engaged! I don't want to say FINALLY... but we did! I kind of ruined his romantic ideas by saying just go ahead and propose already but what it boiled down to is we love each other and want to get married so who cares if it's some huge deal. He asked me in front of my dad's house in Virginia on the 21st. His original idea was to do it on xmas eve but whatever! We're both back east visiting our families in VA. We live in California though..

Anyways here's a photo of us (from last summer) and here's a photo of my ring, courtesy of Ari at Singlestone. Custom singlestone halo setting with a 1.7 OEC diamond from the 1920's with .85 in OEC diamonds on the setting. :) I guess I can come off the list now!

We already have our date set, deposit down on where we're having it, caterer, photographer and wedding planner, so we're ahead of the game! Yay!

mejason250.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a full hand pic.

ring_hand1.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Side pic.

ring_side1.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Close up!

ring_closeup1.jpg

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Can you believe it?? That ring must make you smile as much as your Fiance does!! hehe It is INCREDIBLE!! One of my favorites BY FAR!! Congrats on the engagement!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is GORGEOUS, congrats!!!! Lovely couple!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, congratulations to you both! You do make a very lovely couple!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
You two make a sweet couple. Congratulations...
36.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Very Very Pretty ring! Congrats to you both!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif
30.gif

It''s beautiful! I love how unique it is and that it is set so low (or appears low in the pics). It''s really lovely and looks great on you. Congrats to you both!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 7:31:59 PM
Author: sera
30.gif
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif
30.gif

It''s beautiful! I love how unique it is and that it is set so low (or appears low in the pics). It''s really lovely and looks great on you. Congrats to you both!
The ring is set somewhat low for sure. It''s not a bezel set but it''s a prong set... so however high the diamond was cut is how high its sitting up above the halo... which I like because it doesn''t catch on things and I use my hands a LOT! I spent a few months going over and over what I wanted in a ring. Two hours with Ari at Singlestone and I had the one I wanted from rock to setting. I love that place! We''re getting our wedding bands there too.

Anyways thank so much everyone! :) I''ll be haunting the brides world wide section a LOT more now.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It is a beautiful ring!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Love the ring, I hear SS is great!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, your ring is beautiful!! I *heart* SS!!!!! All of their work is just exquisite!!!

Congratulations, and enjoy this very special time!!!
36.gif
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, congratulations! Your ring is STUNNING. It''s seriously one of the most beautiful rings I''ve seen here on Pricescope! I have a weakness for halos and old cuts and your ring is KILLING ME with both! It''s GORGEOUS!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to ask: what size ring do you wear, if you don''t mind sharing?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That is beautiful!!
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violet: congrats on your engagement and what a perfect proposal--because it''s yours and no one else''s! I don''t think there is any "perfect proposal", they are all perfect because they are each couple''s own story of the moment they committed to spending their lives together. So don''t feel weird/bad that you don''t have some over the top story to post here, yours was personal and beautiful. I love your ring, it is beautiful and unique, and looks wonderful (and ginormous!) on your hand! Congrats!!!! Enjoy!
36.gif
35.gif

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous. Congratulations on your proposal. Yes, your definitely ahead of the game with your wedding planning.
36.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
congrats on your engagement!!! your ring is beautiful, im a huge fan of halos!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 11:08:45 PM
Author: monarch64
Violet: congrats on your engagement and what a perfect proposal--because it''s yours and no one else''s! I don''t think there is any ''perfect proposal'', they are all perfect because they are each couple''s own story of the moment they committed to spending their lives together. So don''t feel weird/bad that you don''t have some over the top story to post here, yours was personal and beautiful. I love your ring, it is beautiful and unique, and looks wonderful (and ginormous!) on your hand! Congrats!!!! Enjoy!
36.gif
35.gif
Thanks so much for the lovely encouraging words. I don''t feel bad about the proposal, I just worried that he felt bad. But he seems to be okay. I think I read in another recent thread on here that the proposal is just one small part of the beginning of a whole life together so I''m just stoked we''re gettin'' hitched! Yay!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 10:51:08 PM
Author: thing2of2
I forgot to ask: what size ring do you wear, if you don't mind sharing?
No I dont mind and I wear a size 7. I have a relatively big finger size. I couldn't fit a single ring I tried on during the whole 'looking for rings' process. I had to either force them on, try them on my pinky or just sort of put it on the top of my finger to see how they look.

And let me add that the halo was the first ring style I fell in love with. I've read quite a few posts about some concerns about them not being timeless but let me tell ya, it's so awesome in person I can't see how I wouldn't love this for the next 50 years of my life.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I was asked for some additional photos but this is the best I seem to be able to post right now. It''s hard to shrink the file sizes down on here and still get a semi-decent photo!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Okay trying again... sigh.

ringtop1a.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the proposal and the beautiful ring :)

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, I looooove the ring!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of the prettiest rings I have ever seen! I love the setting detail! Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Beauty of a ring
36.gif

SeeShell

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, Violet!

I''m usually not a fan of halos, but yours is making me reconsider! Gorgeous!

36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results