shape
carat
color
clarity

ENGAGED!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kbling

Rough_Rock
Well, Ladies...it happened!

Friday night, BF and I had dinner plans (as usual)...I had the day off and spent it w/my mom getting manicure/pedicure and shopping (she knew ALL day that he was going to ask me that night, BTW...and suggested a french manicure, haha). Anyhow, BF calls me on his way home from work and says "be ready in 10 minutes, we have reservations". Hmmmm? I throw myself together and the next thing I know we are headed to Plum Island, where he says we''ll be eating at the Plum Island Grille, but have a few minutes to spare so lets take a walk down the beach. OK!! His timing could not have been more perfect...he gave me a piggyback because the sand was cold and I had stupidly taken my shoes off and was barefoot. The sun was beginning to set...he lowered me onto the sand and got on one knee...I started to cry! It was just SO PERFECT! And the ring...OH MY GOD...he presented me with the most beautiful cushion brilliant in a pave halo setting that he had custom made for me...it was more beautiful than I ever could have imagined...and OH SO SPARKLY! Will post ring pics and stats tomorrow.

The rest of the weekend was amazing as well. We spent Friday nite celebrating with a wonderful dinner (which he had pre-arranged with champage, a nice corner seat and the whole bit...all the waitstaff was in on it!) Then after dinner we made some phone calls and headed to our local pub to celebrate w/friends. We were on cloud 9!

The weekend was completed with a surprise engagement celebration with BF''s family at the Ritz Carlton (i thought we were meeting them for a drink to celebrate his aunt''s birthday), but when we arrived, they took us up to their suite where they had champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a beautiful engagement gift from Simon Pearce waiting for us! It was amazing and his family is wonderful and SO excited for us both. BF also surprised me with a room at the Ritz for the night, which was amazing!

And today we spent Easter with my family...so it was perfect timing that we got to see both of our families and some of our friends this weekend. We''re EXHAUSTED...but OH SO HAPPY!!

I leave for vacation Wednesday w/my mom and now we''ll have all kinds of fun stuff to talk about and plan! Can''t wait.

Thank you all for the good wishes and karma...it worked!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Wow kbling, what a perfect engagement night! Congratulations
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And I am DYING to see this pave-halo-set cushion! On the edge of my seat!!! Pics, Pics, Pics!!!

Congratulations again and enjoy this magical time!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
kbling--how utterly romantic!!
30.gif
What a Hollywood-perfect proposal!

...now, ring pics!!!
36.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Sounds so perfect ... gave me goosebumps ... best wishes to you and congrats to fiance!

KLR
36.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous story!!!! Can''t wait to see the pictures. mmmm Plum Island sounds wonderful..is that close to Boston? I am so thrilled for you and your fiance. Best of luck.
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
awww.. what a sweet fiance you have! What an elaborately planned out proposal! So romantic and I love that your families both knew it was coming and they got to suprise you! It sounds absoultely PERFECT! Congrats!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! What a wonderful proposal!!
36.gif

Can''t wait for the pics!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome proposal weekend. (I love your mom''s part)

Thanks for sharing your story here- I can''t wait to see this baby. I bet you can''t stop staring at it, eh?

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful suprise proposal!!!! Congrats to you both!!!! Can''t wait to see that amazing ring!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
awww supercute proposal!! so glad to hear that it went well and that you both are so happy
36.gif

congrats, best wishes, and can''t wait to see your sparkly new ring!!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Awwww! Adorable story. Everything is just so sweet... mommy assisting with the hand preparation, to the piggy-back ride to keep the cold sand away. Awwww! Congradulations kbling! Pics lady!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a wonderful proposal...I can''t wait to see hand pics!!!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations KBling! I am so happy for you and can''t wait to see pictures of what sounds like an incredible ring. Also, tell him that we all approve of the very romantic proposal and weekend!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Kbling! What a wonderful engagement story! Your ring sounds beautiful!

Have a great vacation with your mom!
35.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Kbling!!! So glad it came before your fun trip with your mom so you can spend that time relaxing and thinking up ideas for the wedding!!! Think it was very sweet and thoughtful to bring both of your parents in on the proposal. Simple and so meaningful!

Cant wait for pics!
emstar.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
That is so amazing!! I''m so happy for you! You must be beyond thrilled- congrats!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohh!!! SO SWEET! That really sounds like a perfect weekend. Congratulations to both of you! And, like the other girls, can''t wait to see your ring!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
So sweet!
30.gif
A piggy back ride and everything! Awww! I love it! It was so thoughtful tomake sure you got to see both sides of your new family and with a lovely french to show off the ring no less!
31.gif
Congrats! ....waiting with baited breath for pics!
36.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Nice proposal story kbling. Great looking ring too! Congratulations on your engagement.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Kbling put pics over in SMTR here.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congratulations!! And as many people commented in the other thread -> your nails do look gorgeous and your ring is amazing!!!

kbling

Rough_Rock
Thank you ALL for the wonderful comments. I truly am thrilled...can''t wait to start the planning...when I get back from vacation! People are already asking...have we set a date? where are we having it? GOSH...i just dont know! The whole engagement thing is still sinking in...lol.

Cheers!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful proposal!!!!!! And an absolutely stunning ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an awesome story (I also commented on the ring in your SMTR thread...gorgeous!), and so well executed. I love it when a plan comes together! It''s so wonderful that you got to celebrate with his family, and I love the manicure thing with your mom beforehand. Sneaky....congrats!!!!!
36.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Kbling......Congrats! What a lovely, thoughtful & perfect proposal! Wishing you health, wealth & happiness in the years to come!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Love the ring, love the proposal, love the celebrations!! I can only imagine how over the moon you are!!! Hope you enjoy your vacation as well!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results