shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies! I don't think I was ever on the official LIW list, but I have been lurking/posting in this forum since last summer. Knowing there were others in the same boat as me has made the wait much more bearable!! Thank you all for that! My boyfriend (still weird to call him my fiance, so I'm not yet) proposed this weekend in NYC, and we are now planning a spring 2013 wedding :).

The story: My friends and I do a secret santa gift exchange every year in nyc (we all went to nyu for undergrad and most people still live there...but for reference I live in DC). Though my boyfriend was invited to come up and hang out for the weekend, he declined the invite. I go up a fair amount, and he comes sometimes, and sometimes I get ladies' weekends...so nothing seemed out of the ordinary. So I went up Friday, and we got dressed up and ready and started the secret santa gift exchange. I went last (unbeknownst to me this was intentional), and as I was opening the first box from the girl who had me, I realized it said Brian Gavin on it. We got my ring from Brian Gavin, which I was never allowed to see, but we also had bought some studs and huggies, so I knew what the outer white box and ring boxes looked like.

So I was opening the present, and I was like "why does the box say brian gavin?" I looked up at my friend who had me, in a confused way, and went back down to opening. I honestly thought she wrapped my real present in a brian gavin box because she was messing with me for being excited about getting engaged (my friends may have heard about it a time or eight hundred). So I looked back down to continue unwrapping, and then when I looked up again, my boyfriend, who was supposed to be in DC (where we live), and not nyc, is down on one knee 5 inches from me (I didn't even see him walk in!!!!) and was like "I love you, will you marry me?" I was sooooo shocked! His main goal in the proposal was to surprise me, which I had told him would be impossible because I would always be expecting it, etc....but needless to say, he succeeded! I was about four glasses of champagne in because I thought we were pregaming, not waiting for me to get proposed to haha. We all went to a champagne bar afterward, where one of my friends bought us a couple of bottles of champagne, and then they arranged a hotel room for us and also had champagne waiting...so the thought of drinking champagne again makes me want to die (yesterday was a little rough), but it was still an amazing weekend!!!!

This is the ring: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-with-2-05-i-si1-bgd-blue.170942/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-with-2-05-i-si1-bgd-blue.170942/[/URL]

This is the video: http://youtu.be/-C1lIFUC920 It starts when I'm unwrapping the present that I thought was from one of my girlfriends. I wrestled with whether it was a good idea to include in this post on an online forum, but I think it was kind of entertaining (e.g., the expression on my friend sitting next to me's face when she figured out what was going on), and even though it's "personal," it's not like anything secretive happened. Plus we sent it to everyone we know. There's some debate as to whether I ever said yes, so I did tell him yes the next day in case he was confused.

Anyway, that's my story! Thanks for helping to keep me sane the past few months!!!

Alexa

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
That video was so cute!

I appreciated:
1. your naughty/drunken face when you saw BG on the box.
2. that he was wearing a suit. :bigsmile:

how fun that you have the video!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Too cute, congrats!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! :appl: What a fun surprise proprosal your fiance was able to pull off!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!

Silvia

Rough_Rock
Naaaawww, that is so cute!
I thought it was funny, when you saw him you just dropped the box on the table hahaha

Congratulations!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your video! that is so sweet!!!

TwistedPrincess

Rough_Rock
Ahhhhhhh that is so sweet!!

I absolutely love your video, you can tell you were absolutely gobsmacked!!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for watching, ladies! It was quite a night!

And whoever it was that said the second you are engaged, people start asking if you have set a date was TOTALLY right. I showed off my new ring at work today, and pretty much everyone asked me that!! They all also wanted to know about bridesmaid dresses and wedding dresses - it is crazy!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, but you are supposed to have technically planned it ALL OUT ALREADY and have just been waiting to be proposed to to admit it, right? Right? Lol, make sure and relax and enjoy the moment and don't go crazy planning right away :)

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful ring!!!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
maebelle|1327371331|3110109 said:
Lol, but you are supposed to have technically planned it ALL OUT ALREADY and have just been waiting to be proposed to to admit it, right? Right? Lol, make sure and relax and enjoy the moment and don't go crazy planning right away :)

it's trueeee I must admit. I already had links to bridesmaid dresses and a potential wedding dress to show to those asking...but we are shooting for March 2013 so I know there is time and I should just be relaxed :).

i'm also going to try to stop cleaning my ring daily. next week? :)

and thanks Rebecca!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
atp223|1327374767|3110162 said:
maebelle|1327371331|3110109 said:

it's trueeee I must admit. I already had links to bridesmaid dresses and a potential wedding dress to show to those asking...but we are shooting for March 2013 so I know there is time and I should just be relaxed :).

i'm also going to try to stop cleaning my ring daily. next week? :)

and thanks Rebecca!

Congrats!

And I hate to tell you that the daily ring cleaning is something that'll probably go on longer than a week! I think I cleaned mine daily for almost a year and a half until we started renovating our bathroom and tore out the linen closet where I used to keep my jar of cleaning solution (plopped the ring in on the way to the shower, brushed it off and put it back on once I was dried off and had put my lotion on).

Your ring is amazing, by the way! Packs a massive punch!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Clairitek! And it's good to know I won't be alone in my cleaning habits!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
What an adorable proposal, and your ring is a real stunner!!! Holy moly--it's humongous!! Comgrats! Im planning a spring or summer 2013 wedding too, so I'll see you over in BWW!!!

kdub79

Rough_Rock
The video brought a tear to my eye....truly beautiful.

Congratulations!!!

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Oh my God, I want a proposal like that! That was so totally awesome! :appl: :love:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the lovely proposal

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results