shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged!!! TWICE!!! :)

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
It finally happened, we are engaged!!! After two and a half years together, and nine months on the LIW list, I'm signing off at #28!

And now, onto my TWO proposal stories! :)

Well, the bf had initially ordered the ring in early February and after several anxious months, he finally got the ring in his hand in May (we had to send it back once due to to the ering and wband having noticeably different sized stones). Anyway,we'd had a trip planned for Palm Springs for a few months, and he received the ring two weeks before the date of the trip, so I was PREEEEEETTY sure he would take that opportunity to propose.

We are currently long distance (he moved 300 miles away in early February :(sad for a job opportunity). So he's been living in Northern California while I am still here in Southern California. The plan for the trip was for him to fly out Friday night straight to the resort we were staying at in Palm Springs, and I would drive out and meet him there. However, on Wednesday he called me all stressed out to tell me that his partner had just informed him that he'd have to appear at an emergency hearing in another city two hours away that Friday and on top of having only a day to prepare for the hearing, there was no way he'd make it back in time to catch his flight. He said he'd change his flight to fly out of the other city and meet me Friday night in OC (where I live) and we'd drive to Palm Springs together the next morning. This all sounds like it has nothing to do with the proposal story, but trust me when I say it's related, haha

So he arrives just fine, and we drive to Palm Springs the next day and spend basically all of Saturday being lazy by the pool, which was great and relaxing. He was definitely acting a little strange, a little jittery or something - I just chalked it up to him being nervous about proposing! Sunday he had activities planned for us for the day - a hike, and then dinner at a nice steakhouse. I LOVE steak, so I was looking forward to that, but I was a little skeptical about this whole hiking idea. Palm Springs in June is well over 100 degrees, and it was sweltering merely laying by the pool, but I figured maybe he knew of a pretty place in Palm Springs to hike and the proposal would happen on the hike, so I figured I'd roll with it.

About an hour before we were to leave for the hike, we were just hanging out in our hotel room, watching tv and talking when he suddenly got very serious and blurted out, "I was going to propose to you this weekend, but I messed up. I forgot the ring!" I started laughing and I said, "I KNEW you were going to propose!" He told me that everything was so hectic when he left for the hearing and with all the stress of preparing for court and having to change his travel plans, etc, etc, he had forgotten to bring the ring! He was already halfway to the city with the partner when he realized that he left the ring at home, and he told me that he was going to scrap the proposal plans for Palm Springs and think of some other way to ask me, but that he didn't want to wait and he wanted us to be engaged now and could he just propose anyway? He was sweating like a hog while telling me all this by the way, which was hilarious and all the more endearing. By this time, I'm both laughing and crying (forgetting the ring is SUCH a thing that would happen to him) and I said that was fine by me, and he said all manner of sweet and loving things, and proposed to me :)) I was a HOT MESS, I couldn't stop crying, and he was so adorable and romantic. :) :) :)

After that, we got ready for the hike and got on the road to wherever this hiking site was. He told me it was about 30 miles away so we drove for about 45 minutes and pulled into a place that appeared to be some sort of ranch, and that's when he told me we weren't going on a hike at all - we were going horseback riding!!!! Ok, just so you guys understand, horseback riding is my FAVORITE THING EVER. I am no horsewoman by any means and I've only gone about three times in my life, but anytime I take a trip somewhere I look up to see if there is horseback riding. I've never been able to go with the bf bc it's never worked out on any of the trips we've taken, but he remembered that I loved it and looked up horseback riding in the area and booked a private trail ride for us! I nearly started crying again, but there were some people milling around the ranch, so I pulled myself together, haha. He booked the trail ride in the mountains near Palm Springs where the weather was perfect - about 75 degrees and breezy. The ride was BEAUTIFUL and I couldn't think of a more perfect day. But it wasn't over, because when we got back to the hotel he told me that we weren't going to a steakhouse, we were going to a French restaurant! The ONLY thing I love more than a giant steak is French food, and he had made reservations at an adorable French restaurant that served us one of the most amazing meals of our lives. The bf (or FI, I should say at this point!) had never really had French food before and he LOVED it. If you love French cuisine and are ever in Palm Springs you MUST go to Le Vaullaris, it is unreal. We had a late reservation so we had almost the whole restaurant all to ourselves and we sat out in the gorgeous patio area which was strung with thousands of white lights and lit with candles. SO FRICKIN ROMANTIC, YOU GUYS.

Anyway, that was my first proposal! My second was this past weekend, when I flew up to see him. I got in on Friday night and we just went straight to bed, and the next morning we when we woke up we were just lazing about in bed, talking and being cuddly when he goes, "Hey, do you want your ring now??" And without waiting for an answer he like, leaps out of bed and runs over to his dresser, excited as a kid on Christmas morning. He brings it back over to the bed where I'm sitting and just laughing at him as he presents me with the ring. And then I can almost SEE the thought come into his head that he should probably be on one knee, so he promptly drops onto one knee and proposes again. It was so funny and sweet and adorable and EVERYTHING! I got the best of both worlds - a grand, romantic, planned out proposal (albeit without a ring) and a cute, intimate, "spontaneous" home proposal. I'm so excited and SO in love and so happy. I can't wait to marry this chucklehead.

And without further ado.....THE RING!!! I took a ton of pics that I'll be putting up in SMTB soon, so I'll come back and link the thread here when I've put up the pics, but here's one for now!

ring1.jpg

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Awwww two adorable proposals in one, along with a drop dead georgeous ring!

I am so excited for you! :razz:

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Wow two amazing proposals. Your one lucky girls. Your ring is gorgeous. If you don't mind me asking what are the specs?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Ha - I love it!!! Two great proposals for the price of one. Congratulations you two!!! The ring is beautiful!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats blueberry!! :bigsmile:

and what a cute story ::)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Your FI is so romantic.....I love your ring.....congratulations!!!!

Lori

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! What is better than a proposal?... two proposals!! :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, your ring looks absolutely fabulous on your hand!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic story! Congratulations on your proposals :)

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of couples would have handled the whole situation shall we say "less well".
He frustrated. She in tears.
Meltdown in the desert.
You two took lemons and made some very sweet lemonade.
I see a long and interesting marriage in your future.

And that ring is absolutely spectacular!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Ring. It is HUGE and must look GIGANTIC on your 3.75 size finger :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissMina said:
A lot of couples would have handled the whole situation shall we say "less well".
He frustrated. She in tears.
Meltdown in the desert.
You two took lemons and made some very sweet lemonade.
I see a long and interesting marriage in your future.

And that ring is absolutely spectacular!!

I couldn't agree more, Miss Mina.

Not only is this an adorable proposal story, it's also a sign of a secure, strong relationship...and your ring is gorgeous! Congrats!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! two proposals, awesome :appl: :love: gorgeous ring too, cant wait for more pics :appl:

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Aww I love both of your proposal stories! Congratulations, your ring is stunning and huge. What a lucky girl you are!

SweetPea-<3

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! I hope that the double proposals bring you double happiness in your marriage. The ring was well worth waiting for too. The fluoro is so beautiful in the outdoor shots.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet story! Congrats on your engagement, you guys sounds great together. And what a beautiful ring :love:.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful ring, and great stories :)

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Awww that is adorable! :D very sweet story, and beautiful ring!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your 2 proposals!!!!!!! What a sweet FI you go there!!!! Beautiful ring!!! May you two have a long and happy life together!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
great story!!! congratulations!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!!!! That's so sweet!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stunning ring!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many congrats - your story was so heartfelt, and I wish you both the most happiness!

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
Love Love Love your ring! Such a great story as well. Many congrats to you both!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
awwwww. Your such a luckly lady. Congrats, and beautiful ring.

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
That is such a cute story, and you got to have a lavish proposal and the quiet intimate proposal! Congrats on your engagement and all the best for your future together. You're ring is beautiful, I checked it out on the SMTB thread and I LOVE the way the blue flour. appears in the sunlight. Just wait until you're at a nightclub that has blacklights :love:

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!1

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations! And I very much agree that your ability to sit back and enjoy yourselves even when things didn't go as planned is a sign of a wonderful relationship. So often I see posts here about how upset the girl is that the guy forgot something, messed something up, proposed in a way that was different form what she wanted, etc. It's awesome to see someone laught and say "I can't wait to marry this chucklehead!"

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwwww!

That is so sweet!!! I love that he asked you when he had it all planned out and then again just the two of you at home. (plus mega points for remembering your favorite food & activity and planning such a lovely day -- then going with it when life came up :)) )

Congratulations!

ETA: And your ring is GORGEOUS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results